Friday, January 21, 2022

With Cannon’s group I only have 5 more days of games (tomorrow and Fri/Sat the following two weekends) and 2 more practices, but who’s counting??? Tonight we played at Faith Lutheran, I tried not to be the angry lady but…whatever, it’s a lot easier when we outmatched them by so far. Ben sat on the bench and helped me, that was nice. Tomorrow’s going to be the real circus, Isaac’s going on a youth temple trip (that he really only planned this week but it’s tricky with when they can do it and I KNOW the temple is more important) but that leaves me with 4 kids at 3 basketballs games 2 of which I’m coaching…and the first game starts at 7:30 in the morning. Pop tarts for breakfast? Suckers to babysit on the bench? Maybe screen time too?? Those are my ideas. We’ll see how it goes! 
It dumped a ton of snow on us last weekend but that’s really all I’ve got as far as pics this week. 










Above…when dad puts on your (brothers) snow pants. 
Below…How Seth and Tan really felt about being pulled by the tractor. 

It snowed then it got super super cold. I pretty much have been hunkered down all week, I only leave the house when I have to!! 
I renewed my temple recommend Sunday, I think it’s always a sacred privilege to answer those questions. It was particularly good to visit with Pres Doman about life afterward. I needed that. This week is tough! The 19th was a dagger-that was the last time I heard Rizzy’s (perfect) little heart beat last year. And next week’s coming. Ug. 
But 
On a happy note so are Grama and Grampa-yay! They are on their way!!! So IF I survive basketball tomorrow I can turn the troops  over and relax 😉
Oh and this was a cool thing, I was listening to the Come Follow Me stuff I enjoy while I was walking on the treadmill and I noticed the pic of Elder Holland at the bottom of the screen. 

It was just in the up next or suggested section of YouTube but it struck me that morning and I remember  getting to shake his hand at the dedication of the St George Library in 2007. It was a cool experience, he was by me, but he reached back and shook my hand and patted the back of it with his other hand. It doesn’t seem like much to write down now that I’m typing it but to glance down and see his face, his hair more gray, his jowls more distinct, but to remember that experience and what it meant to me then, I have no idea what I was concerned about (maybe I could find it in an old journal but I don’t know) but I know I felt like the Lord was aware of me and it was what I needed. Back then, and the memory wasn’t bad either. 
So there ya have it. A little thing of my soul! (Elder Rasband’s recent talk)
Until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment