I really can’t remember anything from last Saturday. Addi and I took Cannon up to football so that took up the whole evening, he played up in Scotland County and he and I watched the Utah game when we got home -it had a lot better outcome than his game anyway๐
I’m sure Isaac had some kind of project but I can’t remember what- I know he got dumped off the horse -lost one of the stirrups and had a pretty sore neck for a few days. That’s why I usually take pictures of things to help me remember but I’ve got nothing so I guess we’ll move on.
Sunday during Sunday School was when I realized Addi can go where she wants. She’s been mobile for a few weeks but she’s moving with a purpose now!
Colt loves monkeys! Always has! But he’s also my most agreeable kid-would totally just pick whatever out of the box upstairs-but this year I decided to buy him a monkey costume-finally.
And the package said costume pajamas so he scored when it was pajama day at school. Actually I bought all the costumes this year. Seth wanted to be a “frog head with airplane wings” so when I found a frog head for $7 I was sold. I thought airplane wings meant cardboard or something -but easy- When the head got here he said “where’s the body?” Soooo this turned into todays project. Isaac said “since you had to make it anyway do you wish you would have just done the head too?” I said “no!” But I really do wish it matched better so maybe kind-of…
He might not realize it but I’ve made enough costumes over the last 11 years to know that even with 5 kids-maybe especially with 5 kids I definitely saved money buying costumes. Ok not compared to when I say “no go pick something out of the box upstairs!” But I did that last year so this was kinda fun.
I don’t have pics of the other kids but…I will.
Dinner-hey Colt the pans usually not hot when you put it in! ๐
He’s a great helper though! The crescent rolls were all him!
We busted out Seth’s new school coat. Look at that thing! I bought it not last summer but the one before but that’s a pretty good coat for the $5 I paid for it. I had to store it but the thrill of a deal is worth it for me. My Grandma used to call it “gett’n hit by a sale” I love getting hit by a sale!
Good times!
This girl chasing a basketball around—yes please! Not sure which one of us had a bigger grin when I saw this ๐
We also tried nibbling on a Graham cracker, a lemon (thanks dad) and some blueberries this week.
She’s getting to be pretty big stuff!
Alright let’s see what else is on my phone. I won’t post it but there was a picture of some chipotle chili pepper powder. It was what I grabbed instead of chili powder --same color—when I was throwing together fajita seasoning for dinner. Yikes! ๐ฅต great flavor but…hot hot too hot for wimpy me! I didn’t even try on the boys-we just went with rice and bean burritos.
I did have an extra kid I was tending that day and I was trying to multi-task so I guess they can be glad I made dinner at all -right?
I did have an extra kid I was tending that day and I was trying to multi-task so I guess they can be glad I made dinner at all -right?
The next one…just on my phone. Colt almost got a picture of me AND Isaac!
And after that my little nap wrecker…but with a grin like that I guess she gets away with it. (And with all that blue she might have needed a bow ๐)


Yesterday we took the flowers I bought weeks (if not months) ago over to the cemetery, but Sethy wouldn’t let me get rid of the old yellow ones. So I’ll try to remember when he’s at school. I might be weird-who cares- but it is SO good for me to go there. I was a little surprised it caught me a little off guard that it was a little emotional when I was getting Addi out. It just kinda hit me when I said “Come on Sis-let’s go check on your big brother.” It was just weird cuz to everyone else he’s our little brother. Anyway, it doesn’t help that Sethy still thinks we should just dig him up then we could play with him. Oh brother!

Sometimes I tell them if they don’t quit fighting in the car they’re going to walk home on the dirt road but today somebody told Seth he couldn’t do it because he was too small. Don’t challenge that kid! He kept saying to let him out I was like no let’s get a little closer finally I just gave in. He probably ran .4 mile. He even tripped and fell but wouldn’t get back in. Colt just followed him for moral support. But really I’ve got my work cut out for me trying to find ways to channel that strong willed kid!

Yesterday we took the flowers I bought weeks (if not months) ago over to the cemetery, but Sethy wouldn’t let me get rid of the old yellow ones. So I’ll try to remember when he’s at school. I might be weird-who cares- but it is SO good for me to go there. I was a little surprised it caught me a little off guard that it was a little emotional when I was getting Addi out. It just kinda hit me when I said “Come on Sis-let’s go check on your big brother.” It was just weird cuz to everyone else he’s our little brother. Anyway, it doesn’t help that Sethy still thinks we should just dig him up then we could play with him. Oh brother!
Sometimes I tell them if they don’t quit fighting in the car they’re going to walk home on the dirt road but today somebody told Seth he couldn’t do it because he was too small. Don’t challenge that kid! He kept saying to let him out I was like no let’s get a little closer finally I just gave in. He probably ran .4 mile. He even tripped and fell but wouldn’t get back in. Colt just followed him for moral support. But really I’ve got my work cut out for me trying to find ways to channel that strong willed kid!
The only other thing is the missionaries taught us how to share scriptures using the three little dots in the app, pretty cool—I wish I would have known that sooner when I sent the Bible study gal a screenshot of the Alma 26 scripture…next time! I’m just plotting what scripture to send.
“Seek this Jesus” at the end of Ether
“We talk of Christ…that our children may know.” 2nd Nephi 25:26
I mean there are thousands of options!
Or wait and see where the Bible class takes us?
I dunno, I guess we’ll see.
I just think studying the Bible so hard in isolation is kinda like driving at night with just your dimmers on.
But I’m going to have to have the courage to tell them!
Until next week ๐๐ป
No comments:
Post a Comment