Friday, December 16, 2022

Fridays always sneak up on me. But hey how bout I start with this-remember last week I said I loved Tanner’s teacher. This week he took t-shirts for his class -we’ve done it several times with different kids and classes right? Well this time I was cleaning out Tanners back pack and I got a Thank You note from EVERY single kid. Impressive right? Even Tanner wrote one and addressed it Mrs Ison πŸ˜†πŸ€£ but they were all different and so cute, Tan and I had a great time reading them. I sent the shirts to school thinking they would put them under tree—he’d told me “mom, we have a tree in our class now” and I said “oh sweet, should we send some packages to go under it?” And he liked that idea. But I guess he just took them and passed them out. (I was happy to have them out of my bedroom)  I said “did you let Mrs. Totta help you decide who to give the smaller ones to?” He just looked at me like I was stupid and said “no”
Ok. Whatever-it was fun, they loved them, good enough. 

Ok so that’s the shirt story let’s go back to last Saturday-
Tanner had basketball and it was awesome, the other team didn’t have enough players so we gave them two of our players and it was actually a good game!! Both teams had six and it was a much much much better matchup to not have us have every good player and Tanner got to play a ton more than usual too because they only had one sub on each side —it was fantastic. He’s still so indecisive with the ball but he played hard and did a lot of good things! 
After basketball we headed to the church to meet brother Jones there to practice our song for Sunday. The boys did a musical number in sacrament and it was awesome-seriously my favorite thing!! I wish so bad that I had a recording of it —they did so good. The deal was if they would sing in church then they got to go shopping with me for something for a brother -and we got treats- and do “brothers presents” as they call them. So the song kind of took up the weekend and then the kid dates kind of took up the week. πŸ‘πŸ»
Sunday we also had dinner at the VFW because Cannon’s teacher talked him into entering his essay into the patriots pen contest. He was bummed he didn’t win because it was cash prizes, I was like hey you had to do it anyway for school-thanks for getting us all lunch πŸ˜‰

He was livid we stayed in church close -major fit changed realized the other 6 of us really weren’t going to change, changed back- but it was really the only way we’d consent to go on Sunday. Were we overdressed? Yes. But we just kept saying we’d just come from church and we felt good about it. 
Annnd we all had to fabreeze our close before we went down to the community Christmas concert at our church that night (which was wayyy to stink’n long 😩😩😩) but the primary kids sang. And actually Cannon’s English teacher was at the VFW and the concert. We were following her 😊
But it was a long day-oh and I taught RS-my new calling-which I thought I would love but it’s trickier than I thought. I’ve subbed lots of times but when you’re the sub it like -eh, not really my job they’re just happy they found someone to say yes, it’ll be fine. When it’s my real calling I feel a lot more pressure— it’s quite a task trying to reach people at all different levels of preparation and trying to get participation too. Yikes-hopefully I’ll get better and a letter at it. 

Monday we did Cannon’s kid date after basketball and Tuesday we did Colton and Tanner. There was definitely some miscommunication there,  Isaac met us at the church but then he thought he had to stay there with all the kids until I cane back and to get  Tanner -but I thought they’d just play for a few minutes then go home. 2 hours later -we hadn’t hurried, it was (rare) one on one time and I was loving it. Isaac wasn’t mad AT ME but he WASN’T happy with the situation or just the breakdown in communication or whatever! And he tries to act like he’s not mad and everything’s fine but he’s terrible at… disaster! Disaster is probably the best word. but we survived it and I had so much fun with the kids individually that I didn’t really even care about the disaster so… oh well! and Wednesday morning Seth and I went. 
We did have some sickness this week, Seth missed school Monday, Cannon stayed home Wednesday. 

Wednesday night we got word that Grandma Ison is escorting a missionary home and we be there for Christmas!! That changed our plans but we’re excited!
 The brothers brought me this little Christmas present. You know it’s cute when Isaac reaches reaches for his phone to take a pic.



 Not a ton of pictures but…Utahs coming there will be an overload! 

Oh wait I forgot-one more quick story. When Isaac and the kids were at the church they set up the little hoop. Well  they left it up and Wednesday we swung by quick after school so I could work with Tan a little bit. We were working on 3 spot and I was rebounding Tanner shot and that dang thing fell down. It hit me-but thankfully not bad-I have a bruise on my shoulder but that’s really it. 1/2 inch different and it probably dropped me. Anyway Thursday we took the Tilton kids over to play one man dodgeball —oh wait I gotta interrupt this story to tell a different one. When we were driving home from that I was telling them that Isaac’s been the bishop for almost 5 years and that’s how long the calling usually is so we don’t know when he’ll be released but when he is then we probably won’t have church keys anymore. And Noah said “Can’t he just sign up for another 5 years?!” Ha! No!! — okay back to the other story so Thursday we’re there playing in the gym and a guy comes in, looks at the hoop and then takes a picture so I ask him “hey are we getting a new one of those?” And he says “oh no-I’m just the safety inspector” 😳😳🀣
I mean it’s the Lords house. 
He knows everything that goes on there-and everywhere. But I’m just glad it wasnt the day before and I was standing under a precarious modified hoop we’d rigged up that came crashing down. Yikes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment