And we loved that Utah game!

I didn’t get any pics of basketball worth posting-that’s fine at some point they all start looking the same anyway 😂 oh but Tan told me he’s been playing soccer at recess with some friend named Bobby. Im glad I just hope he actually plays. This basketball situation isn’t that great for him and football was the same—I’m glad he’s moved on to something else if he actually gets to play! (Besides I’m not saying I love watching soccer but I can come around on it and do think soccer players make the best defenders so-play soccer man!)

I wanted a pic of the whole crew but…cooperation is minimal and I didn’t want to be late.



Tuesday was the ward Christmas dinner. I signed up for Christmas Jello and Brownies—but I bring a pretty big crew so I figured I better take rolls too (Rhodes rolls-my kids like them better anyway) but Isaac had me cook turkey, make gravy, ok we used cans and added the turkey drippings but still, and make mashed potatoes. “Oh you don’t have to do any of my stuff” he said. Yeah right. Only to call and say “you’ll be home so you can put that turkey in right?” All is fine (fine as in I’m swinging from the chandelier…oh wait the farmhouse doesn’t have chandeliers!) but it all works out. The thing about Isaac is he’d do anything for anyone…and he thinks other people are like that too😂 I’m trying. Sort of. Sometimes. No it is a great quality hopefully he’s bringing me up and not I’m dragging him down 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Maybe I’m complicating this little family journal…hmmm
This week was busy!
Cannon had basketball Tanner had basketball then Cannon had more basketball and Isaac had projects. (Mostly with the Golden Goose—in fact he got done and toyed with the idea of running to KC “quick” to get the belly-dump I agreed 1/2 way planning on another rescue mission but the guy never got back to him so he never went)
I love Tanners teacher! I feel like she teaches the kids so much more than handwriting and reading -although she does that really well too- but the other day I picked him up and as we walked to the car he was so excited to tell me he’s writing a note for Colt. I know it’s the sweetest thing because the other day I got this:
I didn’t get any pics of basketball worth posting-that’s fine at some point they all start looking the same anyway 😂 oh but Tan told me he’s been playing soccer at recess with some friend named Bobby. Im glad I just hope he actually plays. This basketball situation isn’t that great for him and football was the same—I’m glad he’s moved on to something else if he actually gets to play! (Besides I’m not saying I love watching soccer but I can come around on it and do think soccer players make the best defenders so-play soccer man!)
And maybe I didn’t get basketball pics but look what I did get —these 😍
I wanted a pic of the whole crew but…cooperation is minimal and I didn’t want to be late.
I didn’t know it then but I guess a the guy in our ward who sat right in front of us actually went to that pac 12 championship game…but he was cheering for USC…
I’m pretty sure we had more fun than him-especially if he was there.
The missionaries came over and we watched the Christmas devotional.
And we have been having some pretty intense family games of sardines lately. I’ll tell ya what—we play in the dark…and there are booby traps all over especially upstairs. But the kids love it and I hope I’m getting making memory points! I like looking for places to hide when I’m looking for them the only trouble is I find their size of places-I’m much too chubby these days and plus I usually have the Addster with me. Sometimes she’s quiet and content to be in my arms -sometimes not and she gives us away.
Monday was too long ago to remember but the pics say we were just goofing off
Tuesday was the ward Christmas dinner. I signed up for Christmas Jello and Brownies—but I bring a pretty big crew so I figured I better take rolls too (Rhodes rolls-my kids like them better anyway) but Isaac had me cook turkey, make gravy, ok we used cans and added the turkey drippings but still, and make mashed potatoes. “Oh you don’t have to do any of my stuff” he said. Yeah right. Only to call and say “you’ll be home so you can put that turkey in right?” All is fine (fine as in I’m swinging from the chandelier…oh wait the farmhouse doesn’t have chandeliers!) but it all works out. The thing about Isaac is he’d do anything for anyone…and he thinks other people are like that too😂 I’m trying. Sort of. Sometimes. No it is a great quality hopefully he’s bringing me up and not I’m dragging him down 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
But so much for I don’t have to cook that night right?
But the dinner was nice-fun-well attended-
Probably the best part for me was after I got to chat with Baydon and Brittany. I think it was good for all of us. We’ve needed that-I just didn’t quite know when or where or how so that it happened very “organically” I can’t believe I just used that word for an adjective 🤣🤮 but whatever it just happened and naturally and it was good and I love them both and look up to them for the strength and faith and testimonies of Jesus Christ. They are awesome! Then I got home and got more crushing news that another sweet friend lost a baby (they were the Hiltons neighbors when they were here) Ug! Sometimes life is just too hard! I don’t Facebook but I was grateful another friend let me know and I was able to reach out but so dang hard-and right at the holidays too—so dang hard! Heaven must just need an army right now too. Someday we’ll understand everything, I have faith in and hope for that brighter and brighter perfect day!
Addi is teething and up a lot in the night (way more than when she was a newborn) but I don’t mind-I’m just holding that little girl tight and so happy she is here!!! (She has this little twinkle in her eye like she knows more than me and always has—I’m good with it, in fact I like it.)
Let’s see that gets us to Wednesday oh I think Tuesday might have also been the day I found out my Aunt was in the Hospital ICU too. I’m telling ya-no shortage of reasons to be praying!! But Wednesday was the temple and priesthood preview for Cannon! Crazy right?! But I’m excited for him and the primary leaders did a great job (and so did Isaac on his part) it was neat!
By yesterday we were just so excited to have nothing after school we kindof did nothing! And more of the same today! We’ll except the boys and Isaac played around with some artificial intelligence thing-where they had it write an essay and stuff. They were pretty enthralled…I would have preferred help around the house or something…but they didn’t ask me.
Until next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment