First of all Saturday we waited all day until it was time for his basketball games (oh and we went to a primary friends baptism first) but it was pretty fun coaching him. We didn’t win the first game but Tan played awesome. I thought we had a chance— with 5 out of 6 guys that had never played before…I was happy with a fighting chance.
Tan and I just hung out in between games even though it was kindof a long break it ended up super fun because after we snagged him a donut from the concession stand we just went to the main gym where there were actually seats and we found his school teacher! She’s awesome! We love Mrs Gray!! So I had a great time visiting with her, she’s actually from over there in Brashear where we were playing. Her son plays but we didn’t watch him they were just waiting between games too.
The 2nd game we played 1st and 2nd graders from KV. One of their guys played on my soccer team-I told him I had an extra jersey but he wouldn’t switch π and Tanners old coach was also on their bench with his younger son who is actually a kindergartener (so basically like Tanner 2 years ago) the game got started and we were getting beat up and down the floor, then they got a bucket, I watched us get beat up and down the floor about 2 more times before I called timeout (ya only get 1 per half, we were only 3-4 minutes in of the running clock) I didn’t care, and I didn’t care that these were my church friends kids—I chewed butt! But the good news is they responded and we took it to them the rest of the way. We scored 18 unanswered! I think 16 before I looked up and kinda called the dogs off. I burned my 2nd half timeout with more than half of the half left to try to get my 2 guys that hadn’t scored a bucket (oh my π€― I’ll go about that differently next time. Next time I’ll say “stand here! Catch the ball when we throw it to you, turn and shoot” ) as it was…they got lots of shots off…and neither one could get it to drop.
We gave up a couple transitions baskets, I hate that, but good for that other team for still playing hard when we kinda had it on cruise control.
At the end I had to keep either Tanner or Terron on the bench with me. It was pretty funny but if I tell all the stories I’ll never finish blogging. Terron didn’t know what ornery meant though-hilarious- and when he begged to go in I said will you only dribble with your left hand? He looked at me like I was crazy and said “no” so I said sorry you still have to sit by me then.
Anyway the best part was Tan had fun.
Yes! Finally! That is why I was willing to coach again!
Oh I had a couple sibling take pics on my phone…I dunno I guess I thought they’d take pics of my kid—and their brothers. But I only got this and one other one of Tan. π€¦♀️ they’re 10, what did I expect?!
Let’s see on to Sunday.
I had to teach, I’d been reading/listening to the talks for weeks so I went with the “dews of mt Carmel” approach mentioned in one of them and hoped I was prepared enough.
I think it turned out ok.
My biggest regret of Sunday was I got a nap but I “didn’t want to sleep too long” so I set an alarm. I’ve had a cough ever since and what I just thought was a “coaching headache” (cuz it’d been a while since I’ve yelled that much) has hung around all week. Totally should’ve napped hard and long Sunday. Live and learn! Maybe I’ll get a nap this next Sunday π€π»if so I won’t make the same mistake!
Let’s see-on to Monday, Cannon’s last basketball game and thank heaven. Good riddance. What a waste of time! At least I took pics pre-game
There were PLENTY of chances to buy him and a few other guys a few seconds of playing time but as it was he never got off the bench. He loves it but I think basketball is more of a social thing for him. I know missing when we went to Utah didn’t help him…but I drug 4 others kids to that game (Isaac had a work party) no thanks! It’s middle school, you’re up like 10-2 at the end of the first quarter and I bet the clock stopped 4 or 5 times in the last minute of that quarter. No bench play. Or similar at the end of the half, there were free throws or something but 10 point lead clock stopped with about 12 second, I’m thinking: come on let him play, nope but his starters gave up an uncontested 3, I think the bench guys would have at least tried!
So it’s 5 days later—and I’m still mad.
Next!
I don’t remember much of Tuesday except that morning Tann had practice for the music program before school, Isaac had taken him the Thursday before and he was late-so I didn’t care that I had to wake Seth and Addi up, I took him myself!! The teacher hadn’t checked with Isaac about helping him with his lines and being to those things before she cast him as Santa Clause-she’d checked with me!!
But that night Tanner woke me up telling me is stomach hurt then puked. But—he went right back to bed and slept all night so I was just thinking can I pretend that didn’t just happen? But he woke up the next morning moaning that his stomach hurt-wouldn’t eat anything-and wanting to shower.
I had to keep him home.
Holy cow stressful!
You have to have Santa!
So I messaged the school (required) his regular teacher and the music teacher then kept him home to sleep and prayed real hard! He missed the big dress rehearsal but he did sleep all that afternoon and woke up just wishing he could have gone to school. Thank heaven!
Thursday was his big program and he crushed it!!!!
The first performance he wore the beard but I sat in the exact wrong spot to film him, I knew where to sit round 2, but he ditched the beard but I don’t know if it was to try and help the sound be more clear or because he was so hot!
He did great both times though!
He’s quite the little actor! Who knew?
And I tried so hard to get video but one of my soccer players moms told me the live streamed the Veterans Day program so I had my mom jump on and check and she totally got to watch it! Yay! So I didn’t need to worry about videos but I tried so here’s what me, iMovie, and YouTube figured out…
And today was no stress compared! But somehow Sis got more of a nap yesterday than today???? (trip to town to take Seth to school was between the two trips to town to watch Tanners performances) yikes.
Basketball practice tonight.
Then a mtg at the church, then home with no dinner plan-yikes, hot dogs! Feed them hot dogs—cuz we’re not vegan ππ€£
Bout it
No comments:
Post a Comment