Friday, March 1, 2024

Seth is 5!!!

After a week (or two) of hounding him to prepare I finally made it clear Saturday- “No college basketball until you’re lesson is prepared”
He got after it. 
It was his first time teaching-he said it went ok. 

On the video call to find out Jacob’s mission call!!! He’s going to Paraguay! 

Sis getting in on the scripture study—pretty cute. We gotta be careful though she likes to “mark” everything!! 

Sunday Bishop Sorhus had us over for a dessert social-the boys were admiring his Tesla… He took them for a spin (About 100 yards or so) down to feed his horses. 





With pictures like this on my phone, you’d think I had the clean house… Well, OK, maybe at least a clean spot in my house… But I don’t! 

Monday it was beautiful weather after school, we came home from school and at the back door was a package addressed to Colt and Tanner. It was so fun- they were so excited, so later that night I thanked Grama for it —but it wasn’t her! But we figured it out. It was their sweet children and youth leader Sister Doman they had had so much fun with the Mad Libs at their activity that she sent them some. It was so sweet! And it was nice enough to play a little baseball…



Tuesday was a bit of a fiasco because we have a rule that we let sleeping dogs lie…but Seth’s brothers were so excited that it was his birthday, they wanted to wake him up! When I said “no” or rather the 15th time I said “no” Tanner pitched a fit and said he wasn’t going to school so… I left him. Really I walked out hoping he’d pull it together and get out to the car but he didn’t…not in time. (Oh and there is no way Seth slept through him stomping around screaming) anyway we left. Only to have him chase us down the driveway and onto the gravel road but I didn’t see him. It was a mess. Cannon started throwing that garbage I’m almost a teenager and I only do whatever I want attitude and stopped at the silage pit to chew his butt and tell him he’s the next one I won’t take to school. Well he didn’t get out but he did zip it so on we went…but I didn’t check my mirrors or I probably would’ve seen Tanner. 
When I got back home, he was halfway back up the driveway just standing there so while I’d said I wasn’t making an extra trip for him I did.  I took him back into school and it took almost the whole drive to piece together what happened and that he’d been running and thought I stopped for him at the silage pit only to then drive away. He was somewhere between crushed and ticked and told me “I even said 2 prayers!” I did feel bad but also hoped a little lesson was learned too…I dunno. We got him down to school and he seemed fine. Then when I got home the second time I walked in the door and saw the birthday boy! He was gonna wait to open his presents until his brothers got home. I thought that was pretty nice…and let’s go with that it was a really nice idea…didn’t happen! It was just too tempting. 
I can’t believe he’s 5! Time goes so fast! I’m an old mom but I also can’t help but be so thankful he’s not my baby!! 





He loved decorating his own cake! 




Colt and Tan  had so much fun making him gifts-I thought it was pretty sweet! 



And BYU knocked of Kansas!! Cannon kept saying “we would’ve been there if it wasn’t Seth’s birthday.”
…that might’ve been a stretch…but…that was my excuse for us not going. 
The other crazy thing about Seth’s birthday was our weather!!  It was 77° when I picked the boys up from school-and it snowed that night! Enough they did a late start for school. I actually really like late starts I just wish I knew about them in advance. 
Wednesday we went down to Bro Aldridge’s baptism, it was neat and a great turnout! 
But Wednesdays are late nights. 😩
Anyway
Yesterday this was the scene when I came home from taking the boys to school! Diaper-clean on the floor. Those footie pajamas-not! 

It was a disaster! Mess is a massive understatement—it was too cold to spray her off outside but that would have been my preference! And I still can’t figure out why I didn’t just throw those jamas away. They barely fit anyway they are not worth the time it took or disgustingness of cleaning them out!! It was so much worse than just poop in a footie…I’m not sure how we ended up with that big of mess…and speaking of not sure…dad was tending…not sure where he was for all of this either???…he said “well we had been in on the couch and she was asking for you 🤷‍♀️” … Gee thanks sis! 
Then there were two more accidents yesterday so today for the sake of my sanity we’re in a pull up…and I kinda think why not? She’s not even two-why not for the foreseeable future? 
Sure glad I blog for potty trading updates-🙄 sorry. 

Anyway the only other thing I have is little video version of the weekly update. I’m not sure I like it-I’m not sure it’s sustainable-I know how much time/effort the blog takes- but I love love love hearing the kids voices on it. (I don’t love hearing mine but you win some you lose some right?) 
This one is a little long. 
The other thing is I took the iPad out to film the kids—then they wanted to do it. I agreed…and I left there’s on at the end because I think they’re hilarious! 
Oh and if I film on my phone putting it in iMovie cut off the tops of heads… 
So whatever 
It’s a little first attempt. 








No comments:

Post a Comment