Friday, May 8, 2026

Birthday Week! Cannon’s 15 Addi’s 4

I love it when they come home with papers like this! 


 I keep hoping Tanner’s teammate’s dad will post pics from his games…but until he does mine are all I’ve got. Tanners had a great last couple of games though! 


I had Tanner take pics during Seth’s game. Mistake. It’s the middle of the game and I’m coaching (coaches are on the field in U8) and he wanted to show me what he’d got. Multiple times. Finally at half  time I sent him to the other side (so the pics wouldn’t all be of the kids backs) and told him to stay there until the game was over. I was hoping for one good one of every player…But it’s more pics of Seth than I usually get. 😉



Then we snuck over to Colts game after. He is good to try hard and just shrug it off  knowing  we’re just playing for exercise and “fun” but his team is terrible and I don’t know how “fun” it is to lose 12-0! 

After soccer we grabbed some lunch and went up to a greenhouse my friend Ellen told me about. They had this deal where the kids could get a pot and fill it with soil and  10 plants for $10. So we bought 2 and let each kid (except Cannon he didn’t want to come) pick 5 flowers. It was so fun, the kids had a BLAST. Tanner was iffy about going but he said multiple times how glad he was that he went. 

That evening we replanted a bunch in the front yard and then the pots had a lot more room for what we left in them to grow. 

Tending our plants. 


Sunday Seth had a talk in primary. I made him tell me what he knew about the temple (he said “that people get baptized there, married there, and you can feel  the Holy Spirit there”) we started with that and then talked about the ancient tabernacle the ancient Israelites built…anyway I wrote it-made him practice a few times and in front of our family for CFM, then he forgot his paper (which was ideal because he knew it I thought it would be good for him to just wing it) but he panicked and Colt saved the day and wrote it down for him. He definitely read the whole thing but he still did good. 

But that wasn’t the best part, the best was he went up during fast and testimony meeting and shared short, simple, but great testimony that “Jesus loves us and won’t leave us-even if we fall.” It was awesome! Way better than his talk but I think his talk helped him have the courage to do it. 

On our Sunday walk we went to Rich’s and got our horses back, I think everyone was pretty excited about that. 

Monday was Cann Man’s day!  He got these silly Nike “croc” type shoe that he was pretty excited about and some fancy football gloves, he picked them out. He was happy…good enough. The gloves didn’t get here until a few days later-whoops. Oh well. 


I hare a few other things for him but nothing to exciting (work pants church shoes etc) 

I did get up (at 4:00) and make cinnamon rolls for him to take to seminary. Annnd for his birthday 😉  I didn’t give any away so there were lots of leftovers for breakfast and or after school snack for a few days. (They hate it when I give’m all away and poof-they’re gone. 😂) 

Isaac mowed at the cemetery for me this week. 💕 But before loaded the mower up he wanted to put this gas tank on and go get some fuel for the excavator. Well he needed some help getting under the zip line wire with the mini, I was holding it up and as he got farther it was harder and…apparently I was leaning into the project. Whoops! I started feeling it go fast I thought he was just hurrying for me, but we weren’t “going” fast we were spinning fast. And it was my fault. I was standing up on the machine to be tall enough to lift that wire well I leaned into the joystick that swings it…and we had a little equipment rodeo-not thaw see who can pick and egg up with the excavator kind. Yikes! We spun around and hit the tree-knocked the wood off, that the tank is bolted too so Isaac had to fix that but. Ultimately it was no harm no foul but just super SUPER thankful our Addi girl was standing way back when it happened. Her even being out there made it kinda scary. 

Anyway back to the birthday! Cann is so excited to do a lake trip with some friends (now that the boat is actually registered I’m on board) but they needed a trial run first and his birthday was great weather so after Isaac’s dept mtg they made it happen. I couldn’t go cuz I had to coach soccer, Isaac was kindof bummed but…I wasn’t! 😂 I knew even though it was hot (one day!!) that water was going to be COLD. And it was-but they survived! 



I do think it’s pretty cool that both Cann (before schools out) and Colt (school was just getting started) got lake trips on their birthdays! 

Anyway. They got home pretty late -and it was only Monday! But we did (cheese) cake and called it a day! 


Oh wait I guess we also went to lunch-we tried to get his learners permit but they only do the test one certain Tuesdays, Lucky for him the next day we could do it—and by the skin of his teeth (with ZERO studying) he passed the test so he has a learners permit! 

Addi wanted 2 ponytails like a girl in her class…there’s a reason I don’t do pigtails-I don’t like them! But I guess just once didn’t hurt.😉

Tanner got to create his own country in GATE-so we went to see him present that Wednesday 

And Thursday was Addster birthday! 4! Wow it goes fast! Cann was at seminary and Colt was at weights but we started out with presents-and a birthday hug. 



Then the boys went to school and Add and I painted (tried) her finger nails and used her new horse stamps on them, made her cake, then went shopping!!

 We had a blast and she was really good at changing her mind 😂 but she was such a trooper about putting things back when she did. 

We ended up with all kinds of toys on her cake-and that blue frosting is supposed to be like the ocean at Puerto Rico! (Did you notice how brown and nasty that lake water looked in the pics above? I’ll take blue Puerto Rico too!) 

She was so excited to go get Seth and have him come to her class-because she got to go in his birthday! (But she is so shy at school. She wouldn’t even have a popsicle, but she wouldn’t pass up a fruit by the fruit!) 


After school she and her brothers got to try out the Spidey pool table she got. 


Then she’s showing off the picture she drew with her color changing markers. The brothers have had a blast with those too! 

And finally that cake! 


Anyway that’s about it. Yesterday when I picked Colt up (in his bright green shirt and shorts) he told me someone had told him he looked like a highlighter. 😂 when I put Addi’s new “puma care” shirt on she said “I don’t look like me I look like Tanner.” Which was cute and funny but what I thought was we have a whole pack of highlighters. 😂 

But I think that’s it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment