Monday, June 27, 2011

the best day?

Every day with Cannon is the best day! And I really don't want to miss a thing! So on that note today I signed my letter of resignation. I'm not going back to Desert Hills High School to teach math.
I'm excited~and scared~ there is a...was...a great deal of security and stability with my job and two big I's Income and Insurance. I need that, but not as much as Cannon needs me. I think it makes a big difference when mom's are at home with their kids, I just feel like its the right thing to do, so I did it. It shouldn't have been a hard decision-but it kind of was. Isaac wouldn't really help at all, he was dead set on me doing "whatever I wanted". I didn't (and really don't) understand why it couldn't be OUR decision, what WE thought was best, but he was adamant that it was me who had to decide. He of course left no questions as to where he stood -so I kind of do think it was OUR decision- last week when I told him I was scared to quit my job I was pretty much hoping for a hug, and an "it's okay" or "things will work out" something like that. Instead I got a very matter of fact "Satan's the one who doesn't want you to stay home with Cannon." Seriously! I wanted to pop him in the nose. But I should be grateful, I waited a long time for someone as good and solid in the gospel as Isaac. (He could work on being a little more sensitive though-good grief)
For months now every time I've taught Sunday School something's come up about faith and not knowing things but doing the right thing and trusting what we know is right even if it doesn't make sense or we can't see or understand how it could ever work out. EVERY stink'n week! It's been a knot in my stomach every time. Would I practice what I preach? And even at basketball last week I found myself stressing to my girls the importance of doing the right thing and not worrying about the rest (Cuz seriously, if you have any idea how those games are officiated~YIKES~) So here's my giant leap of faith...maybe it should have been a simple little thing but it feels GIANT to me.

(Oh and I am really excited too~it's what I've always wanted!)

and a side note:
Still planning on coaching basketball because I love it and want to, I'm just not sure how much or in what capacity I'll coach because Cannon pretty much trumps everything.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! When I had Joely I had a very well paying job teaching Anatomy and Physiology, I made double what Joel made and worked half the time he did. So deciding to quit was a very hard decision, but one that I have never regretted. You can always get by and you will be blessed by the decision you made!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you girl! It will make such a huge difference in cute little Cannon's life. And you will have so much fun with that little guy. Congrats, I know it's a hard decision. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go my friend!!!
    The kids and I are flying to Utah tomorrow. I'll give ya and call and we'll go get a bite to eat. Can't wait to see you and Cannon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I am soooooo glad and excited for you! Pretty sure you'll not want to go back. Ever.
    Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete