Never a dull moment around here! Its the family journal so I have to elaborate-it might get kind of long~ If I start out writing about the truck quitting us you might think-duh Lyndi, last week you wrote that-that's what I was thinking when we were stuck on the side of the road too. But really Isaac fixed the shifter Monday morning, and it was good to go. But we blew a tire, Cann Man slept right through it, he's the best! But I guess the truck sensed that we'd got in a wreck because of the jerk the truck made when it happened so the gas automatically shuts off (really Isaac explained it to me, something about a ball bearing...whatever I don't know) But so then we were tire-less (oh and no spare) and the truck wouldn't start, it would start on natural gas but we were all but out of natural gas and it wouldn't start on regular gas. Anyway, he and his dad figured it out the fuel reset button, they're smart at car stuff, and we limped into Vegas. We were SO lucky that we just lost the tread and could limp. It's probably for the best that I don't know some things (like No spare) ahead of time. I need to start thinking precautions on my own! Little guy was such a sport he just smiled and cooed at me, so cute, having him to worry about definitely kept me from getting wound up. And we had Ginger & Britt ready to rescue us if we didn't make it, that was definitely comforting!
So lets start over...the week...
Sunday night we went over and said Hi to Burke and Emily and got to meet little Dafney. (spelling?) She's a cutie. Then Monday came, Isaac has been wanting to get some of those trailers that mix small amounts of concrete, so he found some in Bakersfield CA for a pretty good price (well and they need a little work-Isaac's kind of project) Cannon and I rode as far are Primm with him where we stayed the night! We stayed at Primm on the way back from our honeymoon. If you know me at all I'm a cheapskate, if you know Isaac...he's worse than me! So even as honeymooners when we got a room for $15 bucks we were both pretty pumped, just cuz we love a good deal. So we headed back to Primm, it did cost us $20 bucks this time but easily a $5 upgrade so game on! Isaac got up WAY early and headed the rest of the way for his trailers, then picked us up on his way back.
Here we go, hitting the road! I love it when this little toad holds my hand! (to bad the "advertencia" is in the background)

They didn't have a none smoking king, so we got 2 queens and Cannon had his own bed, I'm glad he doesn't roll yet but the pillows were just in case, then we tried to take a picture of ourselves hang'n out at the hotel.

When I was checking the picture I found pics from our honeymoon on that camera that I hadn't seen since. It was a fun trip down memory lane, its the only camera we took. The view is out of our hotel room door. Too bad I didn't take pics of process to get there (3rd world!) The pic of us eating was at the Bufadora-a big blow hole- but really it was the best quesadilla I've ever had in my life:)

u
Back to the week though, it took longer than he thought but he got back to Primm and we took off-we really couldn't have been more than 3 miles out of town when we blew the tire (ok just flipped the tread-but all the same). I resisted the urge to take pictures of us stuck on the side of I-15 (and maybe I was scared to death that I was going to end up a horrible memory instead of just a memory...), how bout Cannon's face~What is going on? He really was an angel though!

The delay just made me a nervous wreck cuz we ended up driving in the dark part of the way and I knew we didn't have trailer lights.
Nervous wreck? How bout when we stopped to change Cannon and I saw the hitchhiker crawling in the back of our truck. There are definitely times when I think I could start a new blog titled "I could've killed him..." but that sounds a little harsh so maybe "I wanted to ring his neck" same result... maybe I could start it up, I pretty sure all women could contribute too.
The hitchhiker...my smile is at the thought of being able to document it-that's all though!

If we're going to pick one up -that's exactly where I want him to ride but I would just rather not pick them up at all! Isaac's mentality is he (hitchhiker) is a child of God too and we are helping him out.
He missed his son's 8th birthday and he's trying to get to see him (in New York) cuz they chatted. My mentality is its not safe, and when was the last time he showered and why is he hitchhiking in the first place and on and on. I've given people rides before too, but I found them on the BYU "ride board" its a little different! Isaac gave him a job though of watching the tie downs on the trailer and making sure everything was a-ok. Classic Isaac. When Isaac got back in I said "Really? A hitchhiker when your wife breastfeeds?" I was really REALLY REALLY thankful I had one of those formula already mixed up things for Cann! I am rambling and this is getting long but seriously I have to document this stuff, or who would believe it? (ok anyone that knows Isaac would.) Cannon ate the formula just fine and everything worked out. I missed the rodeo of unloading the trailers. Isaac's just worked on those trailers the whole rest of the week-so focused-and I'm so much better with this focus than the goats!


I need to take an "after" picture they really do look so much better now, he's done a good job! Friday evening I helped him paint a tiny bit. But he's trying to get them going before he starts his new job, oh dangit in all the story telling I forgot the best news. Things are good to go with the new job, should start this next week. That's pretty much the best phone call a wife can get!
The rest of the week Cannon and I pretty much had a thumb war! He loves to suck his thumb and I make him stop. The binky's just not adequate in his mind, I am glad he's strong willed, I think that's a positive. I've been working on my application for the online school, I don't know what all it entails but if I had the exact same student load I'm make less than 1/2, so its a bit of a rip off but maybe its 1/2 as much work? Who knows I still plan on applying. In Isaac's mind he's think'n make the application perfect, make sure I put the best references and so on, I say "No, I'm done, they get what they get" and I'm just arrogant enough to think they'd be lucky to have me. I guess that's pretty arrogant-oh well.
Believe it or not I'm finally done rambling-that's all I can think of for now.
I love your ramblings... haha.
ReplyDeleteYou are the funniest woman alive! I seriously love reading your posts. :)
ReplyDelete