Sunday, July 31, 2011


We have had a really fun week. Monday we went down to hang out with my mom, we were going to run a couple of errands, while we were there Klint and his family showed up. It ended up being a heck of a family day, we stayed all afternoon, made dinner together (I was feeling pretty smart showing my mom how I make Chicken enchiladas...that's rare, usually its the other way around) it was a fun impromptu way to celebrate Pioneer day. We also got to meet our new neighbor Keegan, he and Cannon will be buddies for sure! I noticed us slipping into a pretty sedentary lifestyle with the July heat, so Cann and I have made a point to get out on a couple of walks again when Isaac leaves for work. Its hot out there but I feel better about it so that's good. We went for a family swim...same pool as last time but last time it was bath water warm...not this time. Cann was hate'n it-so it didn't last long but it was fun to spend the evening together as a family. We went to lunch with two of my best friends Wednesday, lunch was delicious and the company was even better. Thursday Grampa Chip tended while we went to the temple it was great to go do sealings! Friday we got to visit with Matt, Nichole, & Lilah. She's growing so fast we hadn't seen her since she was about 2 months old. It was so fun to visit and catch up. Isaac worked on his trees that night too and finished them (except the stakes) Saturday morning.
Friday when we were out for our walk Bro Orr gave us some HUGE zucchini, so Saturday while Isaac was messing with his tree project I was feeling super domestic as I grated it up so I could freeze it and we made some zucchini bread and muffins with part of it too. Cann Man was swing'n away watching me when Isaac came into play with him. He relieved him of his burdensome socks -Isaac hates that I always have socks on him, but I'm kind of old school with that I think ya keep their feet covered- anyway he said "he's bleeding, he's got a cut between his toes" I felt so bad...and neglectful-for not even knowing it was there. So when I got my hands cleaned up and went to check it out it was red sock LINT, I was glad he wasn't cut (I couldn't figure out how it would have happened) and I think Isaac had his contacts in but for his sake-lets say he didn't and that's why he thought it was blood.
The other day my mom came up to our house, once she got inside she said "Open the door, let some hot air in and cool this place off" I thought of that when I noticed the beads of sweat on Cannon's head while he was eating, I wiped them off, then again, and again...maybe I should have turned the AC down a little. I guess its July...what do I expect? but after today its not :)
I was hope'n to cut Cannon's hair today-get rid of his old man ring but it hasn't happened yet, maybe later. I told Isaac we need one more person, one to hold him, one to cut it, and one more to be the picture taker :)

1 comment:

  1. I volunteer to take the pictures! Just let me know when and Lilah and I can come visit and play!

    ReplyDelete