A little Mississippi Braves action for our first night in town. Hello Tomahawk Chop, here we come. (Put that on the list of things I thought I'd never say, no worries I still have Cubs Jerseys for all of us for a family picture someday)
The start of the mess... at this point I felt overwhelmed...too bad it got twice this high, 3 different times...AND THEN we still had to get all of our stuff from Blake and Annie's and unload little green. And just for the record the pic totally doesn't do it justice on showing the water damage. I swear I've washed EVERYTHING we own!
No need for a fork mom, I'll just use these pliers. Cute little stinker.
I just can't get enough of this cute kid and now with the mirror bi-fold doors that hide our washer and dryer...neither can he!
Tired from the mess...me too Bubba, me too!Our first time tending Ayla, it was Blake and Annie's Anniversary, as the kids were playing cute together Isaac said "I've never really babysat anyone, this is kind of fun." We did have a good time.
Maybe I should just go with the pictures and call it good. After all I did mention last week that I try to keep the blog positive. The truth is, its been good and bad, and everything in between several times in one quick week...what stink'n roller coaster.
Saturday the apt hunt continued. I'm not sure how we ended up at this little place but we walked in the lady was great and nice but they didn't have a 2 bedroom apt open until next month, but we liked it...and agreed to sign a lease Monday morning. Sunday was good different but good. We did meet some missionaries that know Shawn and speak highly of him. I wanted to go take him out to eat or something but the mission president said no so we'll be obedient and just hope he gets transferred to our area. And now as of Monday we live in a one bedroom apt. HOLY KA-Mo-LEE. We have too much junk. And I'm feeling a lot of the be careful what you wish for. All I wanted was a kitchen I could turn around in, and a dishwasher. UM I got both but maybe I should've been going for all that I wanted above and beyond what I had. We have a pantry now, its a whopping 12 in wide and the 2 bottom shelves are busted. We had more room in our house with the 2 shelves by the water heater. When you glance at the kitchen there are cupboards everywhere, too bad they are miniature. The ones to the side of the stove, the front of the drawer is 8 or 9 inches long and 5 inches tall but when you actually open the drawer a big box of Jello will barely fit-and only if you lay it down because its too tall for the drawer to close. So dumb. I'd take a picture but its too still too messy maybe when I get it cleaned up. Pretty much, Positive Shmositive on the blog, this post is a rant! (Which actually I feel bad I haven't done a better job of documenting things Cannon's been up to lately, I've just been too wrapped up in my own little world. I'll try to do better, like we're entering the consequence phase complete with 30 sec or 1 min "time outs" and all. Hard cuz his world is upside down too but necessary. There was something else he was doing -besides climb on everything- I wanted to be sure and remember to write down but I can't thing of it...) Back to my rant? I'm going for it. Those Cupboards-there's no way to child lock those bad boys. So my kitchen, I can turn around in it, and we have a dishwasher and technically even a pantry, so I should be careful what I ask for. I thought we left a ton of stuff back in Utah but apparently we brought a TON of stuff with us. (Really I don't think we did I think its just part of going from 3 bed 2 bath a garage and a shed to one bed one bath...oh and a mini little patio) The mess picture posted really didn't even touch it, I hope to get organized and take more pictures of where and how I've stashed stuff. I told Isaac I was going to cover stacked bins for "Coffee Table" type thing in our living room. We'll see. EVERY box that wasn't shoved in Little Green got wet which translated to so much laundry! Pretty much non stop for 2+ days. And I'm annoyed I even brought most of the clothes, there's not room for them, I wish I would have given more to the ward clothing exchange. But its not just clothes there's towels and sheets and stuff (that I don't have a linen closet for) too. Isaac had to re-sand and stain our table and chairs. (Not an in the house project in my mind-just another difference of ours but nowhere really outside to do it either and its hot and SO MUGGY, After I threw a fit -I totally admit it was a fit- he did vacuum the sandpaper dust off the computer and shut it before continuing) And finally our bedroom, at first the way we put our bed/dresser in Cannon's crib wouldn't even fit in our room, so he was just going to have to sleep in the living room, we did rearrange that so its all crammed in there and at least we have living space and sleeping space. It's impossible to have him just cry it out in his crib though. We're RIGHT THERE and he knows it so he doesn't give up. So... so far he just keeps ending up in bed with us usually sometime after 3 or 4 in the morning, after I try his crib a couple times I just want to go to sleep myself so bad I just put him between us, he's a little bed hog too. Oh and when he wakes up from naps that he is in his crib for I know he's awake when the lights start flashing, so convenient and fun for him to have the light switch right above his crib. Its flashing lights when he's in refuse to go to sleep mode too. Oh well.
Why would anyone want to read my blog? It's nothing but complaining this time. Sorry. Probably should have gone in the regular journal that nobody reads but now that I've typed it all out NO WAY am I deleting it. (Or rewriting it somewhere else.)
Despite what the novel-ish writing above might indicate. Life is good. Isaac's meetings at school went well. (he showed his human side with a few nerves last Sunday but he seems normal and excited about it after the meetings) We have have each other. We have internet (YEA). And cell phones. We'll be fine! AND we even have a Piggly Wiggly that I can grocery shop at when I need a smile.
Why do I think that is so hilarious? I don't know, but I do. I bought Piggly Wiggly syrup because it was on my list and the first thing I saw in the Piggly Wiggly brand...as I kept shopping they have pretty much everything, its just like "Western Family" at Lins or something. Right up front they sell shirts that say "See ya at the pig." Funny. As it is, we are the "Western Family" that's here in the South and we've survived our first week. More than once we've had a conversation similar to this.
Local: "Where Y'all from, (or where up north are Y'all from)?"
Us: "Utah...out west"
Local "Have Y'all ever been to the South?"
Us: "No"
Local: "OooH, Y'all don't mess around do ya, Ya'll came way south."
Us: (shrug...smile) "I guess."
And on that note I really will wrap it up, that is the plan for the day though, even further south, as far as the coast! A quick trip to see the sights before school starts. That was the plan before the monstrous thunderstorms anyway, it sounds like a dump truck is unloading a load of huge rocks right on your porch, make that several dump trucks. YIKES. It's crazy. So who knows what the day will really hold, Isaac did want to go to the beach though.
----sorry about all the complaining---



.jpg)
I would shop at piggly wiggly purely because the name ROCKS! (and I like the picture of cannon by the piggly wiggly)
ReplyDeletePliers for a utensil? Thats a first :-)
Your apartment looks really nice from what i could see of it!
Nice you did change your blog, so that we dont have to do those security things! Way nice!!
ReplyDelete