Friday, December 7, 2012

So for our fun date we went to the State Championship football game Friday night because Brandon was playing in it.  (we don't technically live in Brandon but close enough)  It was really fun though and Cann Man-he might have had more fun than us!

Saturday morning we went to the Baton Rouge temple. A trip to the temple is a good 10 hour project here. We had to be gone by 5:30 in the morning to make the 9:00 session but it was really really cool. They had this temple day planned all year as one of the ward goals (We found that out later, all we knew was it had been announced since Aug when we got here so we figured it was kind of a big deal and made plans to go.) They had a nursery in the adjacent chapel so Cann Man hung out there. I had an old timer in our ward snap a quick picture. I'm thankful he did, I just snapped the one on the right to get the Angel Moroni and spire in it. :)
It was really really neat, ward temple days seems to be a little different here-I guess that it takes so much time is probably part of it. And we found out that our Bishop will be moving at the end of this month. I'm sad for us, but so so so excited for their family. Bishop Jordan totally holds a special place in our hearts already, and we have grown to love his is family so quickly, great people.
Sunday Annie took some family pictures for us. The 10 minutes before we walked out the door it wasn't looking good but Isaac was SO super cooperative, I was so proud of him and happy happy happy. Most of my favorites are in the new blog header (We've needed a new once of those for a while.) If I really get after it I might even get Christmas cards sent...
Then since we live right by the Nativity Lutheran Church and they were having a live nativity-we checked it out before listening to the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional. It was no tuachan, that 's for sure, but it was still fun cool and they had a camel so Isaac had a great time talking to the camel owner.
 
The Christmas devotional was good, it was just a good day.
Then we did normal things, story time at the library, the play date at the park-so wet and muddy...little boy heaven. We also made Christmas tree ornaments with Ayla and Henry (another little boy from our ward) one day, it was really fun.
Apparently Cannon thought they should be edible...

He runs to the window every time he hears and airplane. I feel like we live in a good area and a safe part of town but when my kid picks up the word "Siren" then makes a very accurate siren noise I'm very aware that we live in the city. We hear them all the time.
I know there was one other thing he's been doing a lot that I wanted to mention and was sure I wouldn't forget but...
Isaac is all but done! One semester down. YEA!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new pics. They turned out so cute! Can-man is getting way to big!

    ReplyDelete