Last Saturday we went to the temple with the youth-Cannon and I hung out outside while Isaac helped with the baptisms. We had fun playing on the temple grounds, I took a video of
him singing "I love to see the temple" but it didn't turn out very good
:( He was so cute to tell me (and anyone that would listen) that "Moroni" was on the top. We made sure to smell all the pretty flowers and...I don't know what the licking the lights was all about-gross-but he just kept doing it.
The plan was for me to get to go after, while Cannon and Isaac hung out but they ran out of temple workers. I'm telling you, we're learning all kinds of things -the hard way-about these smaller temples. But just like Memphis...we'll know for next time. Then we went to some little nature place

It was a freaking snake farm, it was disgusting. I think my boys had fun. Me not so much. I hated it. We were late getting back for me to watch the State Championship game online, plus I was hungry. It was a recipe for disaster, oh well it happens. And then, to make it all worse, my girls stink'n lost-again. I'm so distraught about it. I know that really they're not "my girls" anymore-I don't have anything to do with it, and really-its just a game-but ...it just makes me sick. There is no reason that I should lose sleep over it-I am not involved-but I've found myself awake countless times this week replaying things in my head. I don't know, in some ways I feel so bad for them, and in other ways I'm so mad about all the stupid things...and again not involved so its dumb for me to even think about it. Oh well. Seriously-such a bummer-consumed way too much of my week. Just a game. They'll still learn life lessons even if they never win it. (Maybe they could choose to learn some sooner that would help them win it. UG)
Moving on.
Oh wait, Isaac thinks I should coach here-I'm not interested in the commitment-I liked going home for a month at Christmas. But if the one boys game we went to was any indication...they need coaches. They were super athletic, but it was ultra undisciplined and looked like street ball-I wasn't impressed.
Moving on for real this time. Only it was a pretty boring week. We did get out for a couple walks. Thursday we went to a Movie at the Library-we didn't make it through the movie-but ended up going to dinner and a little Mexican place near by. It turned out to be a really fun date. Today they've replaced our stairs (should be really nice for the next people that live here) but that means we've been stuck inside all day (I had to choose in or out-and I just went with in) Cannon had fun watching the machines and workers outside the window. (And Cannon's idea of the perfect breakfast just cuz I had to throw it on there. YUCK. He love "Yummy Ramee's" as we call them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment