Friday, June 21, 2013

What's the name of the black guy that's blind and plays the piano? I thought this pic Sunday morning looked just like that guy on the old Diet Pepsi commercials... The kid always has me smiling about something!
It seems like I've been complaining (or kind of complaining) about uneventful weeks. When I should have been being thankful! Fathers day was pretty good, I got up and made cinnamon rolls for Isaac-scratch that- I made them for me. When am I going to learn? He doesn't care for that kind of stuff, A: Sweets B: He says "Thanks" and "they smell good" but after he says "It just seems like a lot of work." And that I should just stay in bed. Oh well. I ended up taking them to my SS class too, they liked them. Cannon and I got him some new Ties, that are Extra Long.
Of Course Cannon helped him open them.
Not that exciting but all he wears these days besides work clothes and he's been wanting some of the longer ones for a while (I usually just buy the cheap ones at Ross) We went visiting-hey it was Isaac's day and that's totally his thing- the neighbors across from the church, and we gave them a Book of Mormon, and a ward member in the hospital. We had great visits both places! After that we called home, we missed Grampa Great but my mom took a video for us and he askes if Cannon is a big boy now? Cannon watches it over and over and and answers "YES" every time, then gets ready to give him knuckles. Its so stink'n cute.
We also found out while on the phone that Grama Cottam was in the hospital in Japan ...supposedly no big deal...
On to Monday...
I had a LONG Dr. appt. I'm just so impatient with that kind of stuff, I know he's busy so I think just send me on my way, I don't need to see him. I should just be thankful I have a good Dr. here. Anyway I was complaining to my mom via text when I got a text back to not complain about minor inconvenience like prenatal care. Turns out Grama was in ICU in Japan! (She's out of the hospital now and doing better but can't fly home yet) Then, the crazy things you hear about in this world, they are awful, but they are usually distant. An Oregon man kills his neighbors and burns their house down, then kills his own wife and starts his house on fire. My mom's cousin Renae and his wife were the neighbors that were killed. I never met his wife but he was such a nice guy. Cottam to the core! It's gut wrenching. Renae wasn't a member of the LDS church but he was totally and asset, such an avid genealogist and so willing to share his findings. I'm not a facebooker but I did log on and read several of the nice comments his students (he was a former teacher) had written. But there was also a post from him back in May about putting flowers on his mom's grave at mothers day, it was the first mothers day since she had passed away, I'm sure regardless of the circumstances of his and his wife's awful death there were joyous reunions on the other side! I'm very thankful for my knowledge and understanding of life after death...I don't know everything, but I know enough!
For the most part (so far anyway) I've had smooth pregnancies, Monday night however (after complaining about having to wait at the Dr. ...serves me right) not so much. Tuesday I laid pretty low and did alright but Tuesday night I was back to miserable. So I made a deal with myself in the middle of the night that I would at least call the Dr. office the next day. I did and am so happy I did-I hesitate too much on that kind of stuff-  I seem to have found a miracle cure, more water!!! I'll take it! So happy to being feeling good again. Cannon and I went out shopping for clothes for family pictures we will be taking in July with the whole Ison crew while we are there for the home coming/farewell stuff. -I know they aren't called that anymore but it gets the point across- Shopping was fun, I do love and excuse to shop! I don't know why but I love it. I ended up with a couple new dresses out of the deal. Totally not for family pictures, Isaac is cool with me doing stuff like that but I have so much...??? is guilt the right word? in the middle of me explaining how much I love it? he's bust'n his tail working this summer and I'm looking at dresses (that were only 10 bucks and cute and modest....all of this rationalization, little wonder they end up in my cart :))
Thursday I took Cannon to the Braves game, he was so excited there were even crane trucks and other equipment across the street and he was not impressed he just keep saying "Mom Baseball Game" I was trying to keep him busy for an HOUR because I didn't read the schedule and showed up way too early.
 
We had fun, we watched a little infield as soon as they would let us in the gate, but encouraging him to run around and then wanting him to sit and watch the game with me once it started and hour later didn't really work out for me.  Oh well he had fun running around and making friends. Actually he calls all other little kids "Friends" and get so excited when they are around. This morning some of Isaac's customers had a kid playing little league so we got to go to another baseball game. Cannon was in tall cotton. They were pretty darn good little 7 years olds too, it was fun. 
Cannon's been into saying "Good Job Cann Man" (or rather "Dood Job Tan Man") a ton this week...truthfully he gives out a lot of "Good Job" compliments to anybody and anything, its cute but he gets the most of his own praises. I've realized how much I call him Cann Man instead of  Cannon too. But I like nicknames so I'm good with it. He's also getting pretty quick with "Sorry Mom"...maybe a little too quick. And Isaac usually always kisses me goodbye before he walks out the door but Cannon gets pretty bent out of shape if he gets left out. "I didn't Tiss Daddy" he whines in his ultra pathetic feelings hurt voice, so I track Isaac down before he gets too far and he has to come back in and give Cannon a little kiss on the forehead before he can really leave. Its cute. I love these 2 boys!
I think that's about it. I know I have a video or two I want to add, we'll see if I get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment