Friday, June 14, 2013

Well another week gone by. Isaac's 1/2 way done with work this summer, that's pretty exciting. The weeks just fly by though, we don't really look fwd to weekends, just try to catch our breath on Sunday. Since I posted last I did get my craft on for fathers day :) I love that...
We made a tractor shirt for "Poppa" and hats for Poppa Great, Poppa, and Cann Man. I asked Cannon if he wanted to make Poppa a twin hat as him for fathers day and he said "Poppa, Feed Yard, Tractor, Cannon Big Helper" Done buddy, thanks for the idea! We made tractor shirts for all the (little) grandkids too. If only I had such crafty ideas for Isaac...hmm. I have 2 more days though and I don't have to get that one in the mail. Cannon and I searched high and low for a kid hat (just a baseball cap-I didn't think it was going to be hard but I just needed a simple one and I didn't want those stupid flat bill ones or too funky of colors but seriously at least 6 stores, Cann was so funny we'd go in looking for a "tid hat" and he'd say "Mom, ask'm" trying to get me to ask the workers if they had one, but there's not much  k sound when he says it.) ANYWAY, we finally found one at TJMaxx and we also stumbled onto a Soccer ball potty for only ten bucks. I would like him to just use the big pot but its a no go, so far, so it was worth the gamble. Cannon wanted to sit on it right away! Great news. He's yet to use it but its totally progress for us for him to even sit there so I'll take it. (And I confess I haven't been fully committed to the potty training thing but we're getting closer) Thursday he was out in the sandbox in his Jamas and covered in sand so when I hauled him in, stripped him down, washed him off and he needed a new diaper anyway I asked him if he would sit on it and he was all about it, I took a picture cuz it was so cute, but, even though its decent, its from the side so you can see the cool soccer potty,  its still a nudy pic and I'm NOT into those so no pics!
Which means...the only other pics I have for this week are from Cannon wearing his friends goggles at playgroup.

I wish I would have taken more pictures. Cannon had so much fun with Asher! We did it at our pool and really only my one friend came with her kids but it was a blast, so fun to visit, I'm sad they are moving. She is awesome. I will say that we have really great friends here...and Isaac's sure as they go more will come, I need to do a better job of making friends with people who are staying though.
That's about it. Nothing too exciting, its "hot" here but its not temperature hot-probably only 90-its nasty step outside and be covered in sweat head to toe kind of "hot." Just different. Often times we just stay inside to hide in the AC, makes for boring weeks, and boring blog posts, but its just sweaty and gross. I am sometimes motivated to go to the pool...but that's about it, even the tan seems different here, not to mention that tan on a fat pregnant lady is less than exciting! Oh well.
I better quit, the Cann Man is waiting for me to come color with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment