Friday, March 14, 2014

Saturday we took Cann Man to the Lowe's kids kids workshop (kinda cheated on Home Depot right?) Anyway he made a birdhouse, and they hung it in the tree outside our apt.  (Isaac said it was packed way more kids than HD, I just stayed in the car with Colt who was sleeping.)
Then we headed up to the res for our bike ride. We are on a mission to get in as may fun bike rides as we can before it gets too miserable and hot. As we were loading the boys in the trailer I noticed Cannon totally looked pale. But we figured, he was just riding and he would be alright. It turned out he fell asleep and really it just got worse and worse.
He was so sick. I hate having sick kids! It makes me feel so inept as a parent! I just want to help them, and make them feel better but I haven't been able to so far. Colt wasn't too far behind Cannon on getting it, he just didn't fight me on medicine as bad.
Sunday sick as can be I asked Cannon what he wanted and he said "I just want to play with Colt." Melted my heart. Its been a bummer that so many of our friends (all that we ever did stuff with) moved away but I guess maybe it's helping my boys to be better friends with each other so for that I'm thankful. Cannon had several naps Sunday and every time he woke up he would think it was "tomorrow" and ask if we got to go to the beach. We had decided to go to the coast for spring break and Cannon was very excited. Tuesday night it seemed like everyone was good enough to go so Wednesday morning (not early) we headed south. Colt didn't travel very good and they freeway ended up being closed in Hattiesburg so it took us a while to get there! Before we got there Cann said "I'm ready to go home." We said we hadn't been to the beach yet and asked why did he want to go back and he said "I'm just not sure about it, and our apartment is nice." Funny kid! ("I'm not sure about...." has kind of been the phrase of the week) Where we really messed up was not getting him to sleep though. No nap (well maybe the final 20 minutes of driving) after he'd been so sick. It made for an awful night plus we forgot his medicine so Isaac made a 1:00am Walmart run, and we decided in the middle of the night it was only going to be a one night trip! Anyway, lets get to the good parts.
Mississippi beaches might be man made...but this is what I love about them, they are empty!
 
Empty except my cute boys!
Isaac loved feeding the birds...
See the ship off in the distance, Isaac pointed it out to Cannon

To which he said "Is that the one that Jonah got on?" We'd read that story recently, I love how sensitive his little spirit is to the things of God, and his perfect faith, I need to be more like him. I was coughing at dinner one night and he said "Mom needs a blessing!"
Aren't these two cute? Just taking their equipment to the beach to build...a road or something. 
 

We'd had visions of peacefully biking along the beach, and up over this cool bridge then playing in the sand some more...yeah, Colt wasn't buying it. We went, we took pictures, we high tailed it out of there!
I may or may not have told Isaac I never wanted to go on "vacation" again. To grandparents only! Where upon arrival we get extra help with the little monsters :) I'm not serious...but kind of... the truth is: I've never liked traveling. My Grama Frei used to tease my Grampa mercilessly about not going anywhere or doing anything. She'd say "If he mentioned, we'd been." Honestly, that sounds perfect to me, a mention of it is ALL I NEED!...just show me a picture. Poor Isaac, we really are polar opposites in that department (and most others too but opposites attract right?) but I'll tell you one thing we both love, we love listening to byu speeches while we drive, we listened to some really good talks. One was an Elder Staheli talk, he had some great quotes. One was about our "irritants" to obedience, I liked that. The other thing he was talking about was prayer here's his analogy: "Prayer is as essential to a righteous life as food and water are to our daily sustenance. Taking this analogy one step further, if we had to live on the sustenance and the frequency and intensity of some of our prayers, many of us would be much thinner than we are today." My fight with fitness or lack there of is a story for another blog! But I got a good smile out of that analogy.
I think that's about it. A couple quick Colt updates: He is LOVING reading books...turning the pages and exploring the flaps. I made the other boys a milkshake, I know its against the rules but maybe he got a taste and he was SOLD. It was pretty funny. Isaac got his out of the freezer and Colt saw it and was having a fit until he got to taste it. Really I say milkshake and  it had a little ice cream in it but I tasted it and all it tasted like was the banana I put in it to me! That kept me from eating it! But it really was mostly fruit so...we let him have a few little tastes. He's also getting really quick with his hands and grabbing stuff. I loved watching him explore the sand too.


We also have a little Monkey See Monkey Do going on, Colton will see a silky on the floor and pick it up and put it in his mouth. So far he seems unimpressed and would rather his bink. Thank Goodness.

Ok I think that's all...





No comments:

Post a Comment