Friday, November 21, 2014

Rough Draft!

When blog day is travel day...something has to give. I'm tuckered out and we're headed to the temple (early) tomorrow...so I started putting pictures on here a few days ago-and that's going to have to be good enough until I can get caught up. This post is a bit of a work in progress :)
We had SOOOOOO much fun!
We had planned to go see the Allred's on Sunday but we lucked into finding out Trey was playing baseball in St. George on Saturday! Awesome! I swear he got a hit every at bat we saw too it was just a great day to watch baseball (except for the lady who's window got knocked out with a foul ball then she got hit with another foul ball like 5 minutes later-terrible!) And another bonus was it was at the Elks field and Cannon kept looking up and saying "Look mom! The St. George Temple!" So cute.
Sunday we got to join in on taking Duke for a hike, the weather all of the sudden turned cold on us but it was still fun. Cannon was in heaven and check out this darling picture Becky got of Trey Cannon and Duke, I loved itTrey and Cann man have always been such good buddies!!
 
Colt was mostly clingy and had to be held--by me! (And I obliged because earlier we had tried to get him to lay down by Grampa for a nap and he was so upset and got do worked up he puked all over, once was enough for that!)
On our way back we decided to swing over and say Hi to Grandma Cottam, it was good to see her. Uncle Steve was there too and Uncle  Robert and Bronson came later but by then my tired kids were out of control and we high-tailed it out of there! It has to have been at least 5 or 6 years since I'd seen Bronson though! Grandma looked so pretty...not that you could tell after the wrestling match of trying to get a picture! (The boys were game on when she offered them a slice of Apple though)
 
 
I always love the pictures of my kids with the grandparents! The linking of generations is so important to me!!
 
 
And speaking of those important relationships--Grampa and his little helper have quite a bond!


Make that 2 helpers--so cute when Grampa would come home and Colt too would point at the door and want to go with him, or when he'd squeal with delight when we'd pull in up to the new corrals. Upset is not Colts cutest side but even being so upset when the door shut without him was so darling. He had a blast up and the corrals. (Even if those darn cows wouldn't eat right out of his hand.)
We snuck onto Grampa's computer and changed his screensaver to this:


It kind of just looks blurry so big but zoomed in the boys both have pretty cute smiles. And how bout Cannon's jacket -the only one I packed-...I should be a little smarter and know I'm going to take 500 pictures in Utah so...pack something I like instead of the $2 clearance item...oh well, I got it for 2 bucks-that's impressive right? And we did end up finding a old one up to Grampa Greats. Then he looked like a real cowboy.
Cannon kept telling me "I'm a big boy, I'm free (3) so can go chase cows with Grampa, I'm old enough mom I AM!" Maybe someday bud but for now you going to have to settle for riding grampa's horse when he gets back but he was pretty proud he got to go up on the hill like a "real cowboy".
And how bout Colt chasing after those two cowboys. I'm telling you Grampa has two helpers!
And who besides two helpers would get away with this mess in the garage? And I will verify that dog food on the garage floor is slippery.
Anyway...I'm so grateful for the relationships my kids have with my parents despite the distance. Grama was pretty sick for the first 1/2 -or more- of our trip, stupid flu shot, so we didn't really get any pictures but its okay because she got better enough to come and we brought her back with us!!! So glad she could come and SO SO glad she's feeling better. I knew she'd been sick but when I saw it first hand in Utah I was pretty worried. But she's here!!!~more on that next week~
What else?
Every time we went into St. George Cannon asked to climb the Dixie rocks--so we made sure to make it happen before we came back :)


We got to go up to Uncle Klint's and play with Riley and Alaina one day too--a good time was had by all!
 
Grama wasn't going to do Christmas jamas this year...yeah right! We had a fun little hot dog and doughnut party with the cousins.

 Just a lot of fun with cousins!
So somebody likes chocolate :)
And this little video is really just for anyone in my family that seen my grampa walk...its totally the same! And the pants hang'n off is totally the same too!

And it technically might still be pretty rough...but this draft is done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment