Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving and such...

Colt thought he was being nice but really he was torturing me with a banana!
Hey Colt, what does a bear say?
 
RAwR
Happy Thanksgiving!
At first thought I couldn't even remember last weekend but last weekend was really exciting, last Saturday Isaac and I got to go to the temple! By ourselves! no kids! no worries! Just an awesome trip to the temple together! It still took 12 hours cuz Isaac stayed and helped with baptisms and the the kids did 40 names each. So that got a little long and Grama had her hands full with the boys, but it was great. Really I was pretty nervous those last several hours leaving her with our kids after she's been so sick for so long, but they got along pretty good.
The real reason Grama came back with us was  because I had surgery scheduled for Tuesday. Getting a temple trip out of it and having Grama here for Thanksgiving were both just AWESOME bonuses. Monday I did the pre-op stuff and Colt had a Dr. appointment too. That poor little guy had an ear infection. Anyway having never had surgery I was pretty nervous, I asked Isaac about the whole "they put ya out" thing he just shrugged and wasn't real helpful but the nurse at the pre-op stuff was awesome I didn't ask her but she told me everything anyway "They only thing you'll feel (until afterward) is the IV then they just give you medicine to relax you and you'll do great." I came home and told Isaac she was way more helpful :) I guess it is her job... So there I had it-all I had to do was survive the IV-that's not a big deal deal. So that was the plan Tuesday morning UNTIL Isaac started interrogating the nurse that was doing it, and totally razzing her! I could have rung his neck! She assured him that she was good and that she'd been doing it for 9 years and bla bla bla but he TOTALLY got in her head and I became a pin cushion, she missed, then she missed again, and she was fishing around like crazy. She finally got it the third time, but when she left I let Isaac have, I said "Are you kidding me, you totally got her all wound up-she was a nervous wreck!" Which he thought for a minute then said "Ya know...I don't respond to normal motivation...so I guess maybe I don't give it out either-I was just trying to make sure she was on her 'A'game." He really did feel really bad. Oh well, it was fine and shortly there after I got the medicine to relax me and...the next thing I remember is the Dr. giving Isaac instructions and me mumbling something about how he's not very reliable with details. The Dr. laughed and said he was "more reliable than someone who was 100% stoned" probably true. But hey the great news is I no longer have an umbilical hernia (we're blaming Colt for being so big) but there were actually 2 and one was bigger than he thought once he got in there...or something like that. I don't know. But I'm getting along pretty good. One of the only things I remember from Isaac's hernia surgery 4 years ago was we hadn't picked up the pain meds-he just wanted to go home and sleep then he woke up and needed them....that's pretty much exactly what happened to me but we got them quick, and by today I really don't have any use for them. Isaac is a really good helper and I'm grateful for all of Grama's extra help. I'm not supposed to lift-Colt's not loving that part he wants those snuggles! Anyway that is that. But it was a big part of the week.
We combine efforts with Miss Suzanne for Thanksgiving and then invited the Hicks over, it turned out really nice. Great Food. Great Company. So much to be thankful for!
 
And now...Happy Black Friday-from the friendly confines of my apt. I'm not going out in that mess!
With Grama's help it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Cannon (and Grama) are having a ball.

I think that's it...for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment