Friday, November 14, 2014

The Gray's are the sweetest family. People like them is why it's great to live in the South. They are our neighbors across the street from the church, they have the horses Cannon (and Colton) love to go pet. We took our family pictures in their little lane a couple of years ago. They are so sweet, we just love them. Anyway, we went their house on Halloween and Katie and Callie invited us to Callie's birthday party that was this last weekend. We had a blast!!! Seriously, we love they Gray's, we met some of their extended family and they treat us like we too are family, just SO SO NICE! Here's a couple videos...
Sunday we survived the Primary program I admit to having a few nightmares before, and one disaster...everything was going so smoothly until one girl (who had 3 parts) couldn't see her part so she just turned two pages until her next part. But that threw us way off so I  should have just stood up and went and changed it back, but I was crouched down trying to get the attention of and nod from Kim (primary president) to do that, I did get the nod from that crouched position and started to walk and stepped on my skirt!!!! I had a long shirt on. I had cat like reflexes in that horrifying moment. There were three little boys right in front on me with a front row seat and I didn't hear any giggles but even if I did escape without a scene it was still a horribly embarrassing moment to pants-or skirt- myself in that situation. Yikes. Glad the primary program is over!!!
On to Monday we headed across Louisiana, Cannon needed a pit stop so we stopped at a rest area in the middle of Louisiana and ran into some of the Gray family members that we had met at the party. They too were on a trip. It was so great. They were so nice and asked it they could pray for us. Of course we were game, they said the sweetest prayers. It was just great. One of them is going on an 11 month mission to several countries-so we talked missions briefly and she was familiar with LDS missions too. It was just cool. Then, we hurried on our way because I don't know what I was thinking-or not thinking- but I didn't give us much cushion for saying I was traveling with kids! It all worked out though, we continued on, made it to Shreveport and flew into Vegas pretty smoothly. That was the first time I've traveled across the country with both kids by myself, not easy, but good to know it can be done!


Being here--Cannon is in heaven! Cannon wanted to stop and see the horses on the way into town but it was dark already, we did make that first trip up to the feed yard aka "new concoralls" the next day though. Colty slept through it but Ann came, actually Colt slept through a couple trips but there were more :)



Cannon is getting to be a pretty good little operator (for saying he's 3 1/2) when he's on the mini but he wasn't so smooth with Ann's help...look at this bear hug. Grampa is such a sport to let them both on at once, he had his hands full too!
  
When he was on his own he did a pretty good job.

Cannon loves loves loves every minute, the mini, the feeding, the tractor, Grampa all of it!!! One funny thing happened when Grampa burnt a pile of old strings from the hay bales in an effort to keep Ann and Cannon away from the fire he said "Hey Cannon come're!" then Cannon said "I'm coming Sir!" Lol my little Southern boy I LOVED it
I say Cannon is in Heaven but really, Colton loves it too. And I don't know what's with showing off his belly but he does it all the time. He squeals with delight EVERY time he sees the dogs, and he's fearless. Sticks the treats right in their mouths. Good thing the dogs know how to be soft.
Mr. Fearles was showing off his balancing skills too. Uncle Ky has been call'n Colt "Mater" because of his little two toothed smile. Then we saw a Mater somewhere and Cannon said "Look mom, its smiles like Colt!" 

Today was a fun day I took the boys over to the temple grounds. They loved it. It was extra fun because the nativity was set up. (My photography skills are lacking...too much cement at the bottom and cut off the top of the temple :( oh well we were there, that's what counts.)
So fun. I tried to make a "no tackling at the temple" rule but it was futile, if Colt stepped on the grass, he was going to get tackled.
I had to include the picture below because right here is where Cannon was checking out the purple flowers, he loves purple, he smelled them then stopped and said "Mom, we should kneel and pray." He knelt down right where he was (I stayed standing) and he prayed the sweetest prayer. "Dear Heavenly Father we're thankful, we're thankful for to be at the temple we're thankful for the activity (what he calls the Nativity) and baby Jesus, thankful for the flowers, thankful that they smell good..." I don't know what else but it was pretty tender,  I love this kid, he is so sweet!...and then back to tackling..
This afternoon we rode up to Cedar City and we got to see Uncle Ky's new store (opening soon) but we also got to go up to Enoch to  Nate and Melanie's and visit with Mel and the kids and see their beautiful new home.  (And Emily--just in case your reading my blog I totally thought about you guys but it just got too late too fast :( Sorry,  it would have been so fun to see you all  meet Darcie)
I really did have a GREAT visit with Melanie, I loved it! It was so fun to see her and Cannon was in Heaven with his cousins. Actually I just realized I never went back downstairs and helped cleanup whatever kind of mess they made...whoops. Sorry Mel! Colt was mostly tired and grouchy because really that drive to Cedar isn't much of a nap. He's a trooper when I rock his schedule though, and he really hates to feel like he's missing anything so its rare that he'll just give up and go to sleep.  On our way to pick Grampa back up from Ky's store we stopped by Courtney's apartment with some goodies. She wasn't home but they boys had fun. 
It was a late night (Late night blog too) and short naps but totally worth it so fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment