Saturday Isaac wanted to do something fun as a family. Mr. Adventure ended up looking up the St. Patrick's day parade and off we went in the POURING rain. Luckily we drove through some of the mess of it and all the die hard people -and their poncho's and umbrellas- and ended up at the Ag museum for second time in a week. phew. Since then I've been trying to process my dislike for such events as the intended adventure. I mean I knew all along he wanted to do something "Fun as a family" So spontaneity might not be my thing but I had fair waring and I was game, but driving to that parade -after it was supposed to have started even though it hadn't, I was miserable. Is it that I don't like crowds? I think that's part of it. And anything new or unfamiliar is so exciting and fun for Isaac and basically an anxiety attack for me. And...I don't know what else but those are the two things I've come up with so far. The rain had to be part of it, knowing we were going to get soaked and then have wet kids to deal with too... The good news is the Ag museum was fun. :) Moving on.
Sunday the Cowder's had a little shin dig at their house because Elder Jack -whom all the kids love- got his visa and was heading to Australia. I should have made a collage out of these pics but instead I just uploaded them. Elder Jack is the one on the right.


Some times I just take pictures of Colt doing things that I have pictures of Cannon doing when he was his age :) Cute little stinkers, both of them.
Monday Cannon man got a sweet little card in the mail with some money in it from when he helped Grama with her yard work. So we had our Family Home Evening lesson on tithing and Cannon got to pay his own tithing, he was so cute. Its all filled out and he's waiting until Sunday to hand it to Dad. I said "or Bishop or Brother Blalock" as we'd talked about who we can give our tithing to and smiled and responded "I prefer daddy." So cute.

When he sees old things -there's a lot of old things at the Ag museum- he says "Why's it olden fashion?" Well that's what I hear, I think Isaac hears "old and fashioned" either way we laugh. Isaac's tried to correct him but it doesn't work. I find that I just end up talking like him. I say primerary and strawberary 1/2 the time too.Whoops. Oh well.
When he's been playing outside he smells like a stinky little boy! But he knows I think he stinks so any time he gets sweaty inside or out he comes up to me and says "Hey mom, sfell (smell) me, Sfell me mom" then smiles and runs off back to whatever he was doing.
When we remember we like to ask him what his high and low from the day are, the other day he told me his high was "Getting to have pets." You see he and his dad saw some slugs out by the garbage, he (maybe they...) decided they were his pets and he named them Lob and Joe...at his request they made the blog... you would have given in too if you would have seen how excited he was at the thought of me putting them on the blog, and sorry this was all I could bring myself to do in the picture dept--I'm pretty sure I wasn't even looking at the view finder thing, just point in the general direction and snap.
When we remember we like to ask him what his high and low from the day are, the other day he told me his high was "Getting to have pets." You see he and his dad saw some slugs out by the garbage, he (maybe they...) decided they were his pets and he named them Lob and Joe...at his request they made the blog... you would have given in too if you would have seen how excited he was at the thought of me putting them on the blog, and sorry this was all I could bring myself to do in the picture dept--I'm pretty sure I wasn't even looking at the view finder thing, just point in the general direction and snap.
He wanted to put them in the bathtub to see if they could swim. NO! (That idea might come from that Tiny Turtle-Bubble song he and Colt have been singing...but it might have come from dad. I'm not sure....) but I was extra sure it wasn't going to happen! So gross...and maybe we really do need a dog. Not Yet.
Isaac left town again this week for another interview. Cannon's my little worry wart (so he did get some of my genes) its like he was looking for something to worry about though and he said "But mom! You're not a mechanic, dad is, what if something happens to Little Green?" Oh brother, I assured him I wouldn't drive Little Green so it would be fine. It worked out pretty smooth the nights Isaac was gone this week though, one I had a baby shower at the church and Kristy tended BOTH kids for me. (I was really proud of Colt.) I do confess to giving in to the old Dollar store bribe trick when Cannon was getting so worked up about having to got to the babysitter, and then the other night we met up with the Belks. I don't know how Jenna does it when her husband works out of town. Yikes. But its always fun to have a play date-
Now, about that Dollar store bribe-- it worked like a champ, we didn't take his money and I got away only buying him one thing BUT of course there's a story: Cannon picked a big mallet. (We saw a snake at the park this week when we were there with Jenna. JD seriously almost touched it-it freaked me (and Jenna) right out...well Mr. Smarty pants saw what a tizzy it put me into so at the dollar store he wanted to buy the toy snake. I put my foot down. Said "No Way!" Then happily bought the "hammer" and listened to "but Mom, me'n dad just like snakes." Whatever. Anyway he was playing with his mallet or "new hammer" in the sandbox when he found a lady bug. ...you see where this is going right?...we like lady bugs so he and Colt checked it out and were playing with it then I don't know what I guess I turned my head and WHAM! Smithereens! A little orange-ish (that's what color they are here) spot on the edge of the sandbox I said "Whoa we like Lady Bugs, I thought you were playing with it?" His reply? A heartless "I was done." Then, silly me I turn my head--when am I going to learn?--and just for the record I wasn't guilty of being on my phone either time because I didn't have it with me--anyway the next thing I know there's orange-ish sand on his lip. GROSS!! I said "We do NOT eat bugs." To which he replied with big blue twinkling eyes "We do when they are yummy." HEAVEN! HELP! ME!
I did get a picture of the mallet another trip to the sandbox-and that grin kind of tells the story...

Speaking of Isaac being the traveling man. Poor guy, this trip was rough, not only did he forget his belt and his phone charger (which hey we live 3 miles from the airport we ran back to the house and grabbed those for him before he ever went through security) but he also forgot a tie --good thing there are Walmarts everywhere and super nice people that work at the hotel and let him borrow their car-- but I guess he had the whole plane laughing too. How was he to know Sault is pronounced "Sue" ??? And its in the U.P. as in the very tip top of Michigan or Upper Peninsula but those uppers-are U-ppers pronounced "you"ppers...I guess you learn all kinds of things when your the guy on the plane that everyone is laughing at. Like I said, Poor guy. But he's had good experiences both places he's interviewed and he has more interview's next week so we're just hoping and praying for the best!
Now, about that Dollar store bribe-- it worked like a champ, we didn't take his money and I got away only buying him one thing BUT of course there's a story: Cannon picked a big mallet. (We saw a snake at the park this week when we were there with Jenna. JD seriously almost touched it-it freaked me (and Jenna) right out...well Mr. Smarty pants saw what a tizzy it put me into so at the dollar store he wanted to buy the toy snake. I put my foot down. Said "No Way!" Then happily bought the "hammer" and listened to "but Mom, me'n dad just like snakes." Whatever. Anyway he was playing with his mallet or "new hammer" in the sandbox when he found a lady bug. ...you see where this is going right?...we like lady bugs so he and Colt checked it out and were playing with it then I don't know what I guess I turned my head and WHAM! Smithereens! A little orange-ish (that's what color they are here) spot on the edge of the sandbox I said "Whoa we like Lady Bugs, I thought you were playing with it?" His reply? A heartless "I was done." Then, silly me I turn my head--when am I going to learn?--and just for the record I wasn't guilty of being on my phone either time because I didn't have it with me--anyway the next thing I know there's orange-ish sand on his lip. GROSS!! I said "We do NOT eat bugs." To which he replied with big blue twinkling eyes "We do when they are yummy." HEAVEN! HELP! ME!
I did get a picture of the mallet another trip to the sandbox-and that grin kind of tells the story...

I've had this chalk board fabric and wanted to put a map of the U.S. on it for a long time--cuz distance is really hard for Cannon to understand-- but because Dad has been traveling all over we finally got it done. And you'll notice the little green snake at the top of the picture. I wouldn't buy one but we did end up making a couple silky snakes for a project one morning. I tried to just make felt one's but Cannon's was dissapointed his didn't slither very good--so really we had two snake make'n projects. Cannon's is called Snakey and Colt's is Jake the pillow snake.

Look at these cute pics I found on Isaac's phone! These guys are lucky to have such a great dad! We love him!



Just wondering if anyone wants to take bets on how long its going to take Colt to try to climb over that fence?
ReplyDelete