Friday, March 6, 2015

Its March so next month will be a year with the same blog header...come on Lyndi get with it. I took pics to update it in Dec but I didn't love any of them...maybe someday soon...maybe.
Ok about that pine wood derby... look at the smile on Isaac's face...Its really the only picture I took of the building process but as you can see he was having a good time.
 
We took lightening over to the church Saturday morning for a trial run (the benefits of having church keys :) ...they're endless ) Anyway...Lightening Mr. "I am Speed" was slooooooow! So Isaac really spent pretty much the WHOLE day revamping his design and plan. And it paid off, he got second place again.
Here's our little team Lightening McQueen--of course we dressed for the part.... And then Cannon with Aurianna-he was happy as long as he was tagging her around, if she was watching the races he was but if not, not.
I think we won all of our heats but then they calculated it out and we were 2nd.

Both my boys thinking they are big stuff climbing the ladder. The victor tipping his hat and he little mischievous one reaching for the scissors. Typical.
So the pine wood derby was the highlight of last weekend but other than that it hasn't been a very eventful week. The weather here is crazy. One day it was 82 degrees and warm as could be the next day freezing rain. It was as close as the boys have come to seeing snow this winter. 
Before it was SO warm and before it got SO cold again we had a kind of in between rainy day. I was sure we were going just stay in but Cannon wasn't so sold and you can see who won out. He's just so cute when he grabs all his baseball gear and some for Colt and begs to go play. So we did only the we didn't play any baseball because the field was literally one giant puddle but they found an excavator and a sand pile though so I'm pretty sure it was little boy heaven. Cannon kept saying "We're at the beach!!"
 
We snuck in one little play date with Jenna and here kids but I think that pretty much wraps up the week. Not terribly exciting.
Colt has been doing two pretty cute things lately both walking around with his knees bent. Some times he is trying to tickle-its the cutest thing he gets his little fingers up and wiggles them with his jaw clenched this certain funny way. AND he's also been trying to play a little defense on Cann Man. Trying to catch it on camera has been the tough part because as soon as he sees it that's all he wants. Oh well. Here's my attempt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment