Mostly the week was waiting on the internet! No, of course we had more fun than that especially with Grama here! B
ut finally getting back connected was HUGE. And Wednesday we drove into Kansas City and picked up Grampa!! He came for Colts birthday (today!!!!) then they will drive back together. Saturday night we went to a BBQ with Isaac's new coworkers. One of the gals has two little boys ages 2 and 7 so my boys had fun. She had a little blow up bounce house thing, they loved that, and the the guy who hosted it had some green beans in his garden the boys were picking. They had a great time then they'd show'm to the grown ups like it was an amazing discovery-it was really cute. Sundays with Isaac on the bench with us are an adjustment. I'm just saying- Cannon knew he couldn't get away with some of that nonsense with me! Isaac has so much fun with him but then tries to explain to the 4 year old that he's getting them both in trouble. Oh brother! Anyway, Cannon's doing well in his new class, Colt's 50/50 with nursery, and I think we're slowly adjusting to the new ward. Tuesday we had dinner over at the Lingwall's and celebrated Jeff's birthday with them. They are nice, Isaac and Jeff carpool in everyday. Wednesday night they ran out of gas on the way home. I left the boys with my folks to drive the rescue mission. It all worked out:) Colt had been SO excited for Grampa to come but then he was SO shy and really a stinker, wouldn't even give him a hug! But I think he finally worked through that when he got some spoiled birthday shopping time with just him and Grama and Grampa while I took Cannon to his preschool assessment. (Which he did great on) I came home and Colt was rock'n some pretty cute rain boots. Grampa helped us pick out Cannon a t-ball bat too. Then he became the pitching machine :)
Today we're headed to Nauvoo! We thought it would be fun for Colt's birthday and then Grama and Grampa get a days break before their really long travel days, it's really great to have them here though-we're loving it!
I think Nauvoo and Colts birthday warrant a seperate post though-so I'll call it good for now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment