Friday, August 14, 2015

Oh man, we had a great time in Utah but holy cow that turn around time was WAY TO QUICK for how AWFUL that DRIVE is. It was death! We thoroughly enjoyed the Daley family reunion Saturday and took off Sat night. (With Grandpa Ison in the hospital they canceled their homecoming talks so we took off a little sooner than originally planned because that gave us a little cushion as far as the meetings Isaac he had to be here for Monday) The drive totally sucked-I mean twice in less than a week, yuck! I'm the one that got pulled over this time, whoops! As we were pulling back on to the road Isaac said "good job Honey" I don't know what I said but I'm sure it wasn't nice and was probably along the lines of "What is wrong with you? I just got pulled over there's nothing good about it!" Anyway his response was "No, good job on just getting a warning." I smiled and said "Oh, I guess I've learned something from you." It was just at the start of I 70 headed back I got up over that mountain pass then Quick Silver ran away with me going down the other side. Whoops. Anyway-no ticket but I was good and awake after that to drive for another few hours-if we're looking for silver lining...
We had good intentions of going to church somewhere along the way but once we drove past Denver our chances of that we're pretty much shot. We usually try not to travel on Sunday so it was pretty weird. I'm glad that's not typical for us. There's just something special about the Sabbath day--that we miss when we are stopping at McDonalds and such, UG actually just typing McD's makes me want to gag at this point...Yuck.
Monday Isaac was off to work and the boys and I were on a mission to get two essentials: some groceries and the internet! Well, and least we ended up with some food...
I purposely hadn't called on the internet the one day we were in town before our trip because I knew we'd be gone a week and wouldn't need it. Turns out I should have called. We're signed up for service, I even paid the first months bill on Monday and I still have to wait until next Thursday for them to come hook it up. I think my throat has been cut! Limping along on limited data here-keep getting the text updates about it being mostly used. Crud. So no pics this week-hopefully next week!!
Tuesday Grama came! YAY! Welcome to the land of no internet Grama! But we're glad she's here! And she had her car loaded up! Not "prizes" for the kids, they were for me :) she'd given me new pots and pans for Christmas, she had new bedspreads a new (old) sewing machine. All kinda of good stuff.  I'm telling ya I hit the jackpot. And she had this silly heart rate monitor watch IHC had given her but she didn't want, I keep telling her it's my favorite prize. I love it. But then she's just kinda done her thing, worked her magic, and turned our new little house into a home :) pictures up-decorated-all that kinda fun. It's look'n and feel'n good around here :)
I think all the craziness caught up with my poor little Colt Man, that or those darn eye teeth, or maybe both but he's sure felt crummy-poor little toad. Then Cannon might being catching whatever Colt had. Isaac's been busy busy busy with meetings and getting ready for the semester, the last couple nights he's come home for dinner and played with the boys for a minute then gone back to work and stayed long past when I'm in bed. Hopefully it will get a little less crazy for him soon!
I think that's about it. They did let Grampa Ison out of the hospital so that was good, but I haven't really heard anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment