Friday, November 20, 2015

Oh boy it's been a busy week! Saturday Grama got here, she rode the train from Kansas City so we went down to LaPlata to pick her up, but we were late because we dilly dallied and then I forgot I had covered her seat with stuff I needed to drop by the church-so we had to stop by there, and on top of that LaPlata isn't 10 minutes away like I thought it's 20! Plus I thought I knew where the train station was...but those train cars were just decorations at the Depot Inn...So by time we got there we had totally missed getting to see the train Grama rode but she was there!!! (Abandoned in small town missouri! With no cell service...Isaac can cross that off his small outlying town list!!) 
First thing we headed right to the craft fair so Grama could meet Mrs. Hardee! That was fun and also disastrous 2 & 4 year olds at the craft fair...please get us out of there ASAP! But we got some cute little craft kits. After that Cannon talked Grama into a long awaited for trip to McDonalds, for pancakes and French fries-what a mix right? Yuck!! But both boys ate great! Colt piped in that he wanted a Pepsi too, it was pretty funny but we did hook him up with a root beer  "Pepsi" by time we finished that adventure we were all ready for naps! (Grama had done the all night thing ...but she didn't have two kids with her...) The boys love cashing in on some Grama time and hey, I love it too! 
Sunday was the primary program! So nice to have it over!!! Cannon was so cute!!! Sunday morning he said "Mom, I know what I can say in the primary program." I said "oh good let's practice your part." His part was "I know Heavenly Father loves me because_________" and when it came in the mail (oh thank heaven the prior primary president had all that done-yikes) but anyway Cannon matter of fact-ly finished the statement "because I love Him!" It was so cute. So we went with it and I kindof prodded him a little and we added "and because He gave us the scriptures." So that was his part and that's what we'd practiced "I know Heavenly Father loves me because I love Him and because he gave us the scriptures." But over the couple weeks it kind of evolved into "I know my Savior loves me because -he loves me! And because He gave us the scriptures." And that's what I was expecting him to say but back to Sunday  morning he said he knew what he could say so I got him to rehearse his part and then he told me what else he wanted to say and it was "Brothers and sisters I love you and I know Jesus loves you too!" I smiled and said "Sure! You can say that if you want." He told Grama what he was going to say and when Isaac came home between meetings and church he told him too but it was all on his own accord and sure enough we got into the primary program and he proudly stepped up on the stool grabbed the mic and pulled it down by his lips and said "I know my Savior loves me because-He loves me! And because he gaves us the scriptures. Brothers and Sisters I love you, and I know Jesus loves you too!" It was so cute. You could kind of hear the whole congregation chuckle but in a good-that was so cute-kind of way. The whole rest if the program he was a knot head, messing with the microphone we'd set up in front of where the Sunbeams stood every song, (not singing most of the time, or singing the wrong verse just always something) playing peek-a-boo with one of his teachers nursery age daughter who was running off and on the stand but...not reverent! But oh well. I felt like he was a big distraction but he's my kid-overall the program went well I was very proud of all the kids! And it's over :) yay!!
Monday I'd loaded with Dr appts, I've never had my eyes checked but Isaac wanted me to because then he wants to drop the eye insurance-I think I'd have to be blind to ever go back! 1 hour sitting in the "diagnostic exam" room waiting after the initial stuff- plus the wait before I even got to that initial stuff! I get that it's an eye Dr. but not even a magazine once in that room waiting the second time. I was fit to be tied! The Dr came in for less than two minutes and said I didn't need glasses-I already knew that! UG! 
Tuesday we took a little road trip to Cantril Iowa to visit the Dutchman store. SOOO different than what I was expecting! But we had a good time! And I think I'll go back, just not to explore again, with a list--and no kids.  And then I think Wednesday blended into Thursday, who knows but again we were having fun so that's all that matters right? One of the  evenings I was upstairs cooking dinner and the boys were down stairs playing football with Grama, she was the announcer/ref. I couldn't see anything but I wish I had a recording of the audio I heard, it was hilarious, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thursday evening we took off, dropped Grama at the Kansas City airport and then drove through the night and now we are in Huntington!!! I think it's Colton's first trip-that's crazy to think about, so far all we've really done is try to catch up on sleep but the boys are having a blast!!
Cannon's been waiting almost 2 1/2 years to play with that pile of equipment under Grandma's deck (and telling Colt all about it) he couldn't be bothered with looking up for a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment