Friday, November 27, 2015

We are thankful for family!

Oh man, if I accurately document the week this post will be LONG because we've had SO MUCH FUN. We'll have to see what I can remember. Playing in the snow was a top priority for the boys so that was the first thing (well second-the boys really wanted to clean Grandpa's model airplanes so we did that) but pretty much first thing we did Saturday! Snow was scarce but Cannon was determined to find some and play in it so we headed up Huntington canyon on a snow hunt--and we found just enough for a little fun. Colt's pretty cute about the snow too "It No!...It No!" (9 pics...I should have made a collage but oh well we don't get to Emery County often enough so we need to make sure this fun is well documented!!)








I totally missed the best picture (or movie) of Isaac sledding off a little 5 or 6 ft. ledge...it was hilarious. He came out unharmed-the sled...not so much. The day we rolled into town the weather said we would get snow Wednesday, but we didn't, another time it said snow today-its dang cold but no sign of snow so it was a really good thing we found a little and had our fun. We also heard it snowed in Kirksville-so maybe this was just to get me geared up for it:) I wish I had taken more pictures just around the house the first part of the week,  the boys were pretty cute helping Grandpa work on the airplane. (I'll have more to say about that in a minute.) Cannon helping him drill-it was so cute but my phone was plugged in charging. And naturally-anything Cannon touches-whether he's supposed to or not, whether he gets in trouble or not-Colton is guaranteed to touch! I tell ya though-the boys can be a little too much help down with Grandpa's stuff. But we were having fun. Isaac was a little bit of help getting the boys to bed the first night we were here, but the next day-NO HELP, I was pretty annoyed and Sunday I informed him that was the case. So he helped-some. But by Monday I finally figured out why he was just sitting there at times when he's usually so helpful. He was SO SICK. Why does he always get so sick when he gets a little break? Poor guy, his body just revolts I guess...It was super bad 2 years ago at Christmas time too. He was so miserable he said "Maybe we can only come in the summer." Ummm I don't like that plan! But anyway he was burning up and just miserable and moany. Yikes. Thankfully he was home and his mom took care of him (does that make me a crappy wife? don't answer) and I mostly just worried about the boys. But Tuesday night in the middle of the night he told me he was going to the clinic-if Isaac's willing to go to the Dr. -he's pretty dang sick! But he did, they got him in that morning and...strep throat. So he just got the shot of antibiotics and we are SO THANKFUL for modern medicine. He expected to work within a 1/2 hour-didn't happen- but by that night he was feeling a little better and ultimately on the mend. YAY! (Cuz we were having fun but super cruddy for him!) One of the sick days we did venture out to fly the airplane. In August for the family reunion Grandpa had bought kits so the boys could put together remote control airplanes and fly them. Isaac has SEVERAL HOURS into this little project. So we headed out to fly it...no power. But the boys found a really fun playground :) When we got home he realized he had put the battery-or something-in backwards so after naps we went for round 2. And it was fun...it really was! But we're talking about 5 1/2 seconds of fun for all those hours of work. We broke two propellers. I don't know. Grandpa's comment was it was "it was still more exciting than a baseball game." I laughed at that and said "What if there was a home run?" We have different interest! And that's okay.





Since the cousins have gotten here they've tinkered and played and been out flying airplanes a few more times. They love it! -I haven't got in on it so much since he has people with a more genuine interest to do it with ;)- But speaking of everyone being here. SO! MUCH! FUN! We've had a great time. We had a great time being the only ones here too. Grandma goes a hundred miles an hour all the time. She cooks, she cleans, she plays and spoils grandkids-and their parents-and I swear, she runs circles around us! We love her its so fun! Oh and she has the patience Job, she's always game to let the boys help!

Cannon was eagerly awaiting the arrival of his uncles and cousins though. Aaron and Tarra got in late Tuesday night and he begged and begged to get out of bed to just go say "Hi-really super fast." So Wednesday as we got to play with them and everyone else started getting here the fun just escalated. We took Aaron and Tarra's dogs out to the dessert...the boys thought they were BIG STUFF riding in the back of Grandpa's jeep with the dogs :)

 I love the older cousins they are SO SO CUTE with my boys.






If you ask Colt who his buddy is-he'll tell ya, its Eric! And Eric loves him too, he'll ask all the time "Are they up from their naps yet?"
And visiting with my sister in laws is just so fun. Isaac's sister is just one of my favorite people-she's so great. (I told Isaac we need to plan a vacation with them for this summer! Idaho is just really far...but I think we can make it happen...it would be so fun.) And all the other sister in laws...married Isaac's brothers-so as it turns out we have a lot in common. We have a great time-and laugh and laugh.
Thanksgiving was great-we even did a redo on the family picture so we'd Grandpa in it.
(Hopefully a pic here soon)
The only bummer of the week-well besides Isaac being sick-is Colt not feeling well. 4 times I've cleaned up puke. Once in Grama's car. UG. Poor little toad-I've figured out the biggest give away for when he doesn't feel well is when I'm holding him and he's still whining "I want mom!" I'm like I HAVE YOU...but anyway...not sure about him...hope he's feeling better-I keep thinking we're out of the woods...and then we're not-again. He's not exactly a fun kid when he's sick-and that screaming in the middle of the night, yikes, thankfully we were the only ones here when that was going on.
Next up-Santa Clara for the boys and I...back to work for Isaac. Poor guy-so nice of him to send us on our way to have more fun though. We will miss him! Actually at the thought of it I miss him! We love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment