Friday, August 19, 2016

Kindergarten for Cannon

Can you believe our Cann Man is in kindergarten? Where does time go???Don't blink I'll be writing it about Tanner! 
I'm not going to lie, it was a little rough but we'll get there. The week:
Saturday started with the cleaning of a shotgun??? Cannon is very into guns right now, so that was the related project they found. Isaac is such a good dad! Next I have a picture of what "quiet time" has been looking like at our house...hmm
 
They were trying to get their pile of blankets clear to the fan...great.
Then Tan Tan's been finding his toes lately, he's getting to where he reaches for everything too! Oh and he rolls from his back to his tummy easy peasy and goes the other way sometimes too. He was patting Cann's head and while Cannon's face doesn't show it in the pic Cannon was loving it.
 
It's such a bummer to me that these two boys days of laying around like this are mostly gone. It sucks. Who would have though that me the former teacher would be the school hater? Hmm.  (I don't really hate it, just that they have my kid for SOOO long. )
 
Tuesday we got our Grama!!! I fee like the day was busy I think we hit the park with the Tilton's and then watched a couple kids in our ward, anything to make the day go by until the long awaited flight came in. My mom sent the boys a picture of the moon first thing that morning and I told them Grama was off on an adventure, and we were trying to guess where as she sent more pics throughout the day. It turned out pretty fun, the picture of the brass band really threw them off and they were sure she was in Germany! Ha Ha! Then they thought museum, they'd get to guessing sending her audio messages, it was pretty cute, their little voices recorded, I love it.  I just told them I had to run an errand that afternoon, when we turned into the airport Colt said "I wunder if dis where Damaw venture is?" And I said "ooooh that would be cool!" He just kind of said it, but then Cannon put it together and he was like "Is Grama here?! Are we picking up Grama?!" It was fun. One of the last pictures she sent was of a Cape Air sign so we had to get one of them by it.


It was fun, but I don't think I'd do the surprise thing again. Anticipating them coming is SO FUN, I feel like the boys missed out on that. After Grama came we didn't really say Grampa was coming (Colt did ask that day but I just said "Not today.") I don't know, I didn't have to deal with them being so amped up but I still think next time I will tell them...
 
Anyway Cannon got a letter in the mail Tuesday and we got to go meet Mrs Frady and her para Mrs Gibbs on Wednesday--it was pretty awesome. They were really nice and we got to drop off all his supplies and then Thursday was the big day.
Oh boy, we survived! It was a DANG long day. I hate that its all day. I was so nervous for him to go that when I got up in the night with Tan, I couldn't go back to sleep. When Cannon got up though, and he was so pumped to put on his new Dinotrux shirt and was all ready to go I thought "Ok, we're good, we got this, he's big enough, he's ready..." I was totally calm it was good. Then he got a little nervous and teary while we were waiting at the bus stop--so I kind of started to too, then the bus came, he was brave and off he went.
Luckily my sweet friend Michalia sent this when she dropped Cohen off so I knew he was there and smiling. Things were good.
And we waited...Holy Cow... I planned a trip to Quincy for Friday to pass the time (we didn't really go but it helped anyway) Then I was so excited to see him and he came home so exhausted, I had to deal with tired behavior. :( Not my favorite. He didn't go to the restroom ALL day and the ONLY thing he ate out of his lunch was his sandwich, (what a good kid huh? cuz when we were making his lunch together that morning we talked about how there was lots of yummy stuff but would he please eat his sandwich first-and he did) but Mr dilly dally when eating ran out of time and so I that's all he ate :( Anyway I was SO excited to have him home but the bus was a full 1/2 hour late coming home (only like 5 min late picking him up) so it was a forever long day! 7:30-to 4:10 no way, I can't do that. I wanted him to ride it the first few days so he would learn how and I would rather him be the new kid when everyone was new kids on the bus because both Colt and Tanner will sleep in past 7:30 a lot but my plan all along was to go get Cannon after school after he's at least done the bus a couple times. He was a mess last night though and up for a few hours in the middle of the night, no appetite this morning, in tears. I agreed to go pick him up, but then he just worked himself into another knot and wanted us to take him too. When we were at his school meeting the teacher they gave us a paper that said its fine to go eat lunch with them, so I agreed to do that- but we still made him ride the bus this morning-I think it was torture for both of us- so today I got down to eat lunch with him and he was totally fine. I didn't need to go. It was fine that I was there but it would have been fine if I didn't go too. Oh well I got a pic and sent one to Michalia too to return the favor.
After school we did the pick up thing which left Grampa sitting at the airport for a few minutes but we got him and we were happy to see him! (Ok since we really didn't tell them he was coming either  it took Colt a few minutes to warm up but...better than last year!!) And the first thing Cannon said to him was "You should have brought the mini so we could work on the house." Grampa told him it wouldn't fit on the airplane 😉
They were back to playing the rocket game shortly after we got home. And of course Tickle Monster and who knows what else? My favorite thing was I asked the boys if they wanted to stay with Grama and Grampa or go with mom and dad (because Isaac and I were off to the accounting dept opening social tonight) and Cannon immediately yelled "I wanna stay with Grama and Grampa." And Colt was right behind him at Colt full volume "Ya I wanna tay with DAMmaw an DAMpa" It was cute. Grama and Grampa might be tuckered out but I think the boys had fun and Grama and Grampa time is just good for this mom's heart! Living far away sucks, but at least it makes us cherish every minute...I think that's the bright side. Oh and dinner with Isaac's co-workers with the troops was pretty nice too. Only dished up my plate, didn't have to nag anyone to eat, the other kids missed the boys but I was thinking we really should get a babysitter for those things in the future.
Ok more pics from the week.
This little show off can hold his own bottle. And he's pretty darn cute when he has his arms all folded for prayer (we weren't really praying but it was still cute)
Colt wanted a pink Volvo Semi truck for his birthday...I couldn't find one but we started on our own little cake version today. I've never used fondant before, its not that it turned out good-or even decent- and it may not even get any further that what you see here but I'll tell you what-Colt was having a great time helping me and its for his birthday so hey-good enough.
And since we moved to the Midwest I've thought a cornfield would be a great backdrop for a family picture. It hasn't happened but the boys and I snapped a Selfie by a cornfield! (Tanner's not sold on the idea) We had to do something waiting for Grama's plane to land after they had figured it out.
 I'm probably forgetting a millions thing but...its been an eventful week. And as always-more adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment