Friday, August 12, 2016

So maybe we're home owners





...really! That is if you can call that thing a home-lets say we're land with a project owners πŸ˜‰

So they dropped the price on the $14,000 house-to right what Isaac was hoping to get it for anyway and he went for it. I really should have pictures but I don't yet.
The good-the back yard is nice, the neighbor to the North's has an immaculate yard and seems nice.
The bad-it needs a LOT of work! And I feel like the neighborhood in general leaves plenty to be desired. Cannon's really excited about the demolition part of things.
The ugly...pretty much all of it. But hey-at the end of the day I guess we'll have a place to pitch a tent if we had to.
Isaac had a little skip in his step about it Monday, and that I'll admit was my favorite part. It's just good to see him so happy, I mean he's a happy guy in general but maybe giddy is a better word.

Monday was the big day, then all the sudden he tells me I need to sign paperwork too-wait what? No. I told him to take Cannon, the realtor lady didn't think they'd let a 5 year old do it. She was telling me it had to be me or if something happened to Isaac it would automatically go to probate if my name wasn't on it...and I said "So?" But I did end up going and signing all the paper work too,  whatever, he's excited,  he has a vision to get it fixed up. It's what gets his blood pump'n-so good for him.

That was the most notable part of the week-but what else have we been up to?
Cannon and Isaac were participating in the beautify the city day when they ran into the Jarvis' we keep saying we're going to have them over but we never have so Isaac said "I'll check with Lyndi but how bout tonight?" Well his wife had already started dinner so they had us over-again-instead. It was fun, we realized the people they bought their raw milk from are our friends in the ward whose farm we went to the other day. The kids loved playing baseball. And some kind of bug that was in their backyard had an absolute feast on me the 3 minutes I was out there. UG. They don't bother Isaac at all.
Then Tuesday we really did have them over and it was fun as always!
 
Sunday was utter chaos-I'm not kidding! Our Bishop got back in town so I got to visit with him about some primary stuff and that was good but I'm not kidding it was nuts in there. We're kind of like a student ward but we have some permanent people that have been here forever and when their (sugared up?) grandkids come its major inflation to the size of our primary and...(sigh)... Yikes
Anyway I found myself spending a lot of time making chair covers this week -what a pain but the gal in the other Ward had wanted some a while ago-I saw no need- but this week I thought you know, that could have cut down the initial chaos so I went for it.  (shutting the gate after the cows are out? probably.) There's a lot of things I don't have control of a lot but it was something I could do-and maybe be more organized afterward...They didn't fit on my chair at home but they do fit on the chairs at church I have them for the kids participating that day and for the most of the classes-hopefully all the classes soon. And while I'm being hopeful-hopefully they help.


And then just a lot of  doing our thing. We cashed in on some Tilton time with our friends this week. Parks. Bowling. Wading pool and just hanging out. We love them and were SO HAPPY to find out Kirksville is on their list for rotations for next year-I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Tan's a little small for the swing still but he's happy if he's got that fist in his mouth.
Cannon was playing outside with the dog today and having a blast he told his dad "we need a picture" because if anything is ever fun I usually want s picture-Isaac laughed and told him that was my department, I obliged πŸ˜€
Next week is going to be SUPER FUN & a little crazy too. Grama is coming Tuesday but I still haven't told the boys! Its better to not have them bouncing off the walls but it is SO HARD to keep the secret. They were talking about taking an airplane to Las Vegas just today. Then Cannon starts school (ahhhhh) and Grampa is coming Friday. We're pretty dang excited. Well "we" would be if "we" knew. I am though!!! Colton wanted to take a watermelon with him on the imaginary plane  to share with Grampa-hopefully he'll be good with just picking one up at the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment