The kids and I had a great time with my folks here, Isaac mostly worked. We went to Quincy. I had picked up a flyer about a museum there while we were in Nauvoo one time. The people of Quincy were so good to the early saints-the museum was nice. I will go back to Quincy, but probably call it good on the museum. While shopping doesn't have the appeal it once did-it was fun to be out and see the stores, Chip and I walked clear through Dicks sporting goods and couldn't find anything worth buying.

Sunday we enjoyed celebrating Colton's birthday. He's such a significant part of our family. He's always explaining his point of view and talking with his hands reasoning things out. I really should be keeping track of more of the things he says. We actually had a well check at the Dr. for him today and he had the pediatrician cracking up. He says "Can't you understand?" When he really thinks someone should see it his way. It happens a lot.
Grama came through with the Dinotrux. Colt was pretty pumped and Cannon was beside himself with excitement. He had a great day for Colt's birthday and that was fun too. They played together pretty darn good, for most of the day.


Colt showing us how old he is. And we had to do the candles on that darn cake at least 3 different times--just for fun. Maybe it was all part of the 3 thing.
I didn't get the picture where you could see the Volvo's slash on here. Darn. Oh well. I did get a lot of mileage out of that cake though. Just today he was adding extra fondant too it-he'd glump some on there then ask if it was ok...Sure! As long as it kept him busy. At some point I probably need to throw it away.


And how bout that, cute Mrs. Hardee text to see how Cannon's first day of school went and we got to invite here over to celebrate with us! It was super fun to see her again and get to visit.
Grampa Ison sent Colt this little thing, it has a horse on it and his name and lights up and changes colors its pretty cool. They loved it.


You would think a new Dinotrux backpack would be game on for the bus, right? Wrong. That was the only 2 sips of milk he drank all morning. Thankfully though the last few days have been a lot better! Colt was actually up one of the mornings and walked down there with us and he was sold. He wanted to ride THAT bus to school with Cannon. Tuesday after we dropped my parents off at the airport Cannon was still just complaining about how short their trip was when he was finally able to verbalize "Its because I have to go to school." I hadn't realized but yes-Grama was here a week and Grampa a long weekend and he had to be gone to school. So that was new and different and kind of a bummer. He is getting more comfortable and seeming to enjoy school though--that makes me happy. I love it when he comes home singing songs or telling I what books they read and I should've bought. He's been riding the bus to school but I pick him up. He loves getting picked up and I love it too-sure it's inconvenient sometimes-but after he's been gone so long I'm just anxious see him and I love him telling us all about his day and new friends and what not as we drive home. Yesterday we were home a good hour before the bus, today the bus beat us so???? I figure at least I'm consistent-even if the bus isn't.
We had some fun with Grampa while he was here. 

I have a favorite picture of Cannon and my dad when he was little and this is my new favorite of Tanner and Grampa Chip. They're buds. They'd be even better buds if we didn't live so far away, but for some reason Kirksville is the right place for us for right now. Then the next one is Grama and Tanner comparing their double chins. HAHA



The distance stinks, so thankful they could come!

Kindergarten is exhausting though!






No comments:
Post a Comment