Friday, September 2, 2016

Michaila got this pic for me at school lunch. He looks pretty happy, I think one of those girls must be Brynn. He came home and told me he'd found someone to marry. Haha. Don't worry the little character had a "back up plan" too.
 
When I found these two pictures on my phone this week I realized sometimes I take pictures of them when they're sleeping just because its peaceful.
Colt got to ride on the backhoe with dad as they drove it from Bro Rogers house to the house. And the next one is him talking on the phone with Grama. I asked him if he like it and he assured me he did and that meant he also needed a blue tooth. Funny guy.  
 
So two great things happen this week. Monday we shipped Cann Man off to school then Tanner, Colt, and I hopped in the van, picked up my friend Natalie and we were off on a little adventure. Basically we were grocery shopping-in Iowa- but it was still dang fun.  It was a little bit long of a drive for Colt, he told us "I am boring!" A few times. Bored-Boring-its all the same when you're 3. Sorry for the boredom Colt but the trip was SO GOOD for my soul. (And I did break out the DVD player for him on the way back.) I think Isaac should recruit Natalie more often- "Hey take my wife and go do something, anything, she's so much happier when she gets back." I'm just saying... And the other great thing was we decided to buy airplane tickets for October. Now the stupid website wouldn't let me buy them yesterday :(and I haven't tried again. And....essentially its just going to be a long weekend for the boys and I while Isaac's at a conference but still (sigh) SO GOOD for my soul (I know I already wrote that once but its true-both things) just the thought of being able to go. Super liberating. Cuz we love Kirksville, we really do, but I'm not ready to sign up for forever and the twice a year feeling was really not sitting well with me. (We were going to go end of Jan or Feb-we didn't, we were going to go in May-we didn't, we were going to go more than once in the summer-we didn't. I've been noticing and NOT liking the pattern here.) So if I really get the tickets bought then it really will be a great thing!
Anyway so the rest of the week.
Lets see Saturday...who knows? I took the boys to a baptism. They were pretty good. Sunday we survived. This week tended and had dinner with the Pettits, they are good friends. Oh we made Cannon and the Tilton boys some Tiger Pride shirts for their Tiger Pride day at school. You know me, I love a tshirt project.
We closed on the house--so it official now. We had a couple of late school nights in relation to the backhoe and getting it over there. I expressed my concern, and we didn't do anything with the house the next day. That was good. The worst thing about the house happened today. Remember the deal was I never have to live in it "unless I want to" but I always roll my eyes and say "yeah right" so today he accidentally slipped when he was on the phone and said "I'm going to live...I mean I live now..." Nope, the save didn't work. I knew exactly what he meant. He said it's only because I always say it's inevitable, but I say it's true because -I know him. When he was serious about putting an offer in he checked with me, I told him to do whatever he wanted. He said "No, but does it make you sick to your stomach?" (Cuz he knows me too😉) I said no and that was that. But tonight-that did make me sick to my stomach. Time will tell, time will tell. Tonight's YouTube video focus on felling trees. I mean, I was "saw qualified" in my firefighting days but I gracially declined. lol
Today Cannon and Isaac rode their bikes to school and Tanner tried a little oatmeal.
He was trying pretty hard on this sippy cup while we were out on a walk one day too. We're buds! But boy is he getting to be a grabber, ANY time I have my phone or a cup or anything he wants it too.
Its already September! The days often feel long but the weeks months and years are zooming by. I know its important to enjoy them--even the long days.

No comments:

Post a Comment