Friday, September 9, 2016

We've stayed busy--I think that's good though
Home Depot Day, it been a while then we were off fish'n.
The day was totally choatic-Isaac wanted to cut down trees, then something happen with his saw so it was out to Green Castle, then up to Lancaster, before we were supposed to meet up with the Jarvis family and go fishing. But we made it-everyone caught a fish-it was fun. We'll call it a win.
Cannon was so excited and said "My first fish!" I looked at him funny and said "you caught fish in Mississippi" then he said "My first fish in Missouri"--just as excited. He did catch one ALL BY HIMSELF though, that was pretty impressive. Isaac and Justin where helping other kids who hadn't had a turn to catch one yet and Cannon had already caught 2 so he just did his thing--and caught himself a fish. It was all catch and release, just the way this mom likes it! Thanks for the entertainment fish-no go back to swimming!
Now Colt man, it really was his FIRST FISH! How bout it?

He was about as sure about it as his face in this next picture would indicate. Haha.
We went out a little early to go fishing but it really was the big ward BBQ hay ride and what not out to Bishop's farm. Well we fished too long and missed the ride--so farmer Isaac took the tractor and anyone who missed out or wanted to go on another little hay ride. He was holding Tanner when he started off on that project. Ole TanTan was NOT game for being passed off. By time I got him he was just mad mad mad. Oh well. He survived.
A little Sunday evening walk. Mostly I had to take pics because I thought these two were so dang cute in their primary shirts they switched into after church. They were playing Wild Kratts looking for wild animals-- lucky for me they didn't find any.

Monday was a project day, its probably a good thing I didn't blog Monday. A little time distance from such a project is probably a good thing. No it turned out fine, it was just kindof long.
Tanner and I drove the backhoe. I guess the neighbor said to Isaac "Your wife just hopped right up in that backhoe." Ha neighbor couldn't hear under my breath--that was probably a good thing. Really, it was pretty easy, Isaac just started giving me instructions but I said he better get out of the drivers seat and let me get in if he wanted me to learn anything from those instructions. Which I did, it turned out fine. He then figured out most of the time it was easiest to maneuver it himself, then have me jump in and raise/lower the bucket--like to lift him up into trees-- When he was up to one of his ideas I was sure wasn't safe he told me he'd just have the neighbor drive it (different neighbor) but I was standing there when he said "What do you think? Have you ever operated a backhoe?" The guy just shook his head, like NO WAY. And I thought to myself ya! me either!! I ended up doing it, but we changed plans to something I was comfortable with, so I operated the winch instead...should I admit that made me sore? I'm weak-I don't work out-and those trees were dang big and dang heavy. Excuses excuses excuses. All true. But my hands ached the next day.  
 
In the middle of it I took the above picture and text our friend in Mississippi that Isaac cut a few trees down with. I told him I wished it were him and not me. Isaac was NOT AMMUSED I was texting mid project--but it made it slightly more acceptable that I was texting Corey. After that sucker fell I said "I'm alive!" Isaac laughed but I'm telling you I had might doubts with his original plan!
 
Maybe Colt was going to try and pull a tree down? I don't know.
And we made the boys stay in the van on the other side of the house for the felling the  big ones, Cannon was tending/taking pictures of Tanner screaming. Thanks Cann. At least we now have proof of how much Tanner liked it.
Cannon's teachers are trying pretty hard to get him to write his name using lower case letters, he said "Mom, can't I just do that at school?" I said he needed to practice doing it the way they wanted him to but he was doing his own thing (pretty typical) anyway, Isaac had told him how to spell Mom the other day when they were writing things at church. So he changed the subject by writing "MOM" for me. Colt ever the follower took one look at that and figured it was just a bunch of squiggles with an "O" in the middle of them. So he wrote mom for me too. Not bad.
Tanner was 5 months Monday. Wow, time goes crazy fast...AND so does he. He's definitely taken off this last week. He rolls with a purpose to pretty much wherever he wants to go. He was far enough one day I thought he's started scootch'n around, but it was just rolling. Here's the random pics I found that his brothers had taken. I don't know even know which brother had my phone.
Lately  if I remember to ask Cann what his "high" for the day is he always smiles and says "going to school" it makes me so happy that he likes it! But man he gets tired, I took this picture when we pulled in to the garage and then just went in the house but he slept out there for over an hour! Life is always better when he gets rest if he needs it. --The same could definitely be said for me.
 
Until next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment