Friday, September 23, 2016





Oh man! I always blog, I love to blog...the week I back the van out of the garage and wreck both our cars... I don't really want to blog. But that's what happened--and if I write every silly and crazy thing Isaac ever does on the blog as part of the family journal, then its only fair if I fess up to the STUPID things I do too right? Holy Cow, we park in the garage-but on this screwy angle, well I was always nervous backing out that I'll hit the porch so I always back out in this goofy S shape swerving to the middle/other side. Well "always nervous" got a little too comfortable, throw in hurrying with just chatting with Cannon and I hear this AWFUL and super loud noise, I think I even cuss "What the H was that?" But it doesn't even register to me the the H that was, was ME hitting into Little Green innocently parked in her spot. So I didn't stop quick, and then I tried to pull forward-more bad. CRUD. So its not a little dent or scratch-its HUGE! Like more than 2 feet dent, scratches all over-I think I got 3 different panels. Crud. Isaac... remember how I married the sweetest guy on the planet. He wasn't mad. I am furious at myself. He's so good-he has such great perspective. When we talked about it later he said "The only real problem is that it keeps happening." And he's right. Nothing this bad before but lots of little things that wouldn't happen if I were more careful. Soooo that sucks, and I sure picked up that backing up "S" habit quick, hopefully I can develop a careful habit quick too. Its water under the bridge to him. I'm still pretty sick about it. That dang van-for sure the most expensive thing we've ever bought. With him as the provider I feel like its my job to save us money. Not cost us extra money. Fail. Dangit.  He did say "If we want nice things-and I think we do-you've got to be more careful." He really is the best, he could have said a million things but that was it.
So the week. Saturday we went to Nauvoo at my request. We stopped at Denny's and had a yummy birthday breakfast. I was sugared up and stuffed-that's a happy combination for me ;) As we were driving Cannon was saying how much he wanted Aurianna (Marchant's) to be there, or he wanted to go to their house. I said sorry I didn't let them know we were going and their house the other direction and bla bla when Isaac said "You can text them." So I did, mostly to appease Cann Man. They were in Nauvoo! It was so fun. We only got to see them for a second because their oldest was getting to do baptisms for the first time, but the younger kids hung out with us and we did the Nauvoo thing-it was GREAT! And we even got back in time for the PTA's Family Fun night. Boy they do a good job of selling that stuff to the kids. Cannon was all kinds of excited about it. It was a zoo-but the kids had fun and that's why we went. We saw tons of friends and got to visit lots too.




Dad let TanTan snack on a little of his applesauce. (Then I had to get him a new spoon Haha-kid cooties-they don't bother me.) One of Cannon's homework assignments (He has the cutest little age appropriate-work at your own pace homework sheet.) Anyway it was to help prepare a meal, so Monday the boys and I made pizza. They're great little helpers.
Colt can coast (balance) he can pedal and he can steer, but put them all together? Not so much. They were working on it though. (Isaac's original plan that night was to go cut down trees at the house-hence that beautiful work shirt look) And then the next picture you can't even see Tanner-but he thinks he can handle a big boy cup.
Dinosaurs are awesome teething toys! And I can't really explain these goof balls wearing Tan's bibs-So I just take pictures. Cann started it--Colt was proudly right behind him.
The van disaster happened Thursday but before that it was a great day. Cannon got "sent to the principal" as a positive thing, they got to call Isaac on speaker phone and tell him how good he'd done. He was so happy to tell me about it, and Mr. Motley gave him a treat that he voluntarily shared with Colt. It was a great positive reinforcement thing I was impressed! The much anticipated "Mother and Son Stampede" was also Thursday.
Its a cute thing the community does-or maybe it's the Truman Ag students but anyway it's where we were headed when I wrecked the cars. I think Cannon still had fun. I was a little rattled-which is totally a bummer because I was looking forward to that being a really fun thing for he and I to do too. Oh well.
We watched a KHS softball game this week-it was kind a fun to find ourselves at the ball field. I still think its weird that the high school season is in the fall here. The boys were bummed they didn't get to dress up in their uniforms before we went. Speaking of uniforms we've been playing around. Its what we do.
If we're going to have Utes and Cougars around here-we had to work on the Utah uni. Isaac said "I thought you were going to do the real 'U'?" I said "Well that's what the cricut would cut out." I might try to fix it later.
I can't explain the tie. 
Today we went to the KHS homecoming parade-it's a big deal in this town! The kids loved Colt asked if we could go to another one and have people give us Candy tomorrow too. Funny guy! Tonight the Pettits hosted a "kid party" so they tended and we got to have a date night-it was fun, we'll return the favor! 
I sure love this little family of ours!
And that's the wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment