Friday, December 9, 2016

Dang its been cold here! Remember how we're warm weather people? HA! Not now we're not. It was a big fat 9 degrees today when Cann and I walked down to the bus stop. But actually yesterday was worse, it was 13 degrees but the wind was blowing and it was miserable...and I went in my pajama pants. Dang. Brrr. I put my jeans right over the top of those babies this morning! Oh and just too keep things interesting we've turned our heat off. This dang house is like a wind tunnel-it wasn't heating anything-except the great out doors- anyway but we had one little space heater that did a good job. So now we have 4 little space heaters and we move them around and they keep us warm where we are. They do a little better when its not quite so cold, its all electric heat one way or the other so we'll see. I'd just assume keep the big heater off because it comes with an awful smell that we are pretty sure is coming from the vents, we talked to the landlord about it last year and she was like "oh yeah-we've tried everything." Moving stinks but I still find myself getting anxious to move...now we've just got to figure out where or what house-wise...and of course if there's an excavator in our future. With us, you never know!
Anyway, the week:
Saturday Morning I woke up at 6:30 to "Dad I got it!" ...and just like that we're down another tooth! He wouldn't show me or let me take a picture but I'm sneaky so I got one when he was showing Isaac. (And I'll spare you a picture of the tooth/bloody tissue I took to remind me to document it. You're welcome.)
Saturday was Home Depot day and we ran into both the Pettit's and the Jarvis' as we were leaving, it was fun. It seems like we did something else as a family that day, but I didn't take a picture of whatever it was so I don't remember. Sunday we got our first snow. Colt was convinced that meat it was Christmas and Santa should come! Funny guy. Cannon and Isaac did a little service project on the neighbors driveway (and ours) but he had to get ready for church first :) Colt ate his breakfast and got dressed so fast because he wanted in on the service project too. But just as he was getting out there Isaac left to try and find the dang dog because she'd run off and a meltdown for Colt ensued. (sigh)
And that dang dog, the former student of Isaac's that comes over to train her (totally a lost cause) says she has fleas--I want to gag just typing that-but Not only will I spare you the bloody tooth picture I'll let the one of Isaac with the dog IN THE HOUSE on the rug and Isaac putting flea medicine (or whatever it is on her) go by the wayside too. Nasty. 
Last Friday Cannon "got a trophy" at school. When they get "caught being good" they get a ticket or something then they draw them out on Friday's and get a trophy. He was pretty pumped to show us his picture Monday when we went to his school to watch a basketball game for FHE. Watching basketball was fun too--the me coaching thing didn't work out this year but...I have my opinions when I watch stuff like that.
Elder Rosaschi...you better keep your eye out for the above pic :) Too bad I don't know what treats you really like--we had to guess a little.   
We had some friends over this week, that's always fun.
https://youtu.be/SJFD4Piiv4g
And this Colty Man. Yikes waking up is just rarely a pleasant experience for him...or anyone around him. He gets woke up pretty much everyday when we go to pick up Cann man. So I took a picture of him being a grouch and TanO all bundled up must to document the pain in the rear that starts everyday when my alarm goes off at 2:30. But...it works out-bedtime usually goes pretty smooth when naps are a little shorter and we get to see Cannon a whole hour sooner so--we go with it!

Tanner-you have to sleep in a belly shirt too small hoodie if you puke all over you mom and she showers both you and here all off and then you do it again. Sorry buddy...its what was left. I rigged up his socks with his brothers socks over the top to keep them on--it worked pretty good. His little feet get so dang cold but its pretty close to impossible to keep socks on the little guy.
And the boys singing "Away in a Manger" at the ward Christmas party tonight. Colt just wanted to go home and Tanner was so tired, but I was glad we toughed it out--they were so cute. 
Its just that crazy busy time of year-there's something every night. I just try to get a couple things here and there crossed off my to do list any given day and other than that survive...oh and enjoy it--cuz life is really so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment