Saturday morning Isaac fulfilled my need to create. Ha. I sewed a cover for the dog carrier for when we drive to Utah. Speaking of the dog, he's asked more than once if she can come in the house and just sit on the rug. The first time I said "You know that's how the devil works, right?" The second time I don't know what I said but...that's still how I feel about it. I know its cold and her dog house is tiny but... Colton asked me just today after I threw her some scraps "See mom aren't you thankful we have a dog cuz then we don't waste so much?" Oh brother! I just laughed and said "So your saying I should be thankful we have a dog?" And he said "Ya!" like duh mom! Really I just wish there was door from the garage to outside, then she could be a garage dog. As we've looked at houses a little bit I've noticed those, but I don't think its a deal maker or breaker in the house hunt. Speaking of the hunt-its down right stressful for me.
Saturday night we went to the accounting Christmas party at the Kaden's. It was really really fun, they are so nice to always host--Stacy loves it and in fact we where going to have a girls night cookie night there tonight but the weather and icy roads didn't cooperate. Its so cold-we don't leave the house much-but then I kind of go crazy.
In Cannon's class they talked about gifts on Sunday and he came home with this little envelope and gift for me. He opened it as soon as we got home. "I will be kind to Colton for you." Now if it was true...Perfect gift for a mom. Seriously some days I want to ask my folks if I really fought with my brothers ALL of the time growing up. Because that's what it seems like around here.


I had vetoed Christmas cards this year as family pictures didn't happen I just thought "Too bad, oh well." But then I started getting some in the mail. I LOVE Christmas cards! So I threw this together and sent a few out. If you didn't get one, sorry--I didn't print a ton and I probably figured you read the blog!
Oh and speaking of mail. Cannon got this letter from Santa at school the other day--he was pumped and had to write back quickly and ask if he's been good enough to get to see Rudolph? He's checked the mail for a response but I told him it probably won't come, its getting to be crunch time for Santa. I love the magic of Christmas, its fun. Isaac is still toying with the idea of buying an excavator but one of the reasons he wants to is how much the boys would enjoy it. But after Cannon wrote the letter and left for school Isaac said "He'd be just as happy to meet Rudolph." The magic seems to be a little perplexing to Isaac-but I love it!

And why I would let him have JUST 6 cupcakes for lunch is perplexing to Colton. Wednesday the Cub Scouts put on a little carnival for the primary kids. So we made cupcakes for he cake walk. The carnival was fun we had a good time (late though oh poor Tanner was Sooooo tired) Isaac stayed home and tested the meter to make sure it really was more efficient to run the space heaters rather than the furnace. Sometimes I just have to remind myself he enjoys that kind of thing. He told me I better just turn the furnace on the other day because he was tired of me being grouchy--I didn't turn it on but I admit, until it warms up a little--Oscar has nothing on me. He wants to go camping while we're in Utah, I said "Why? Its like we're camping in our house?" He wasn't amused.
Tanner's started to do the cutest little waving motion with his hand, I love it. But a picture doesn't do it justice and I doubt I'll get a video of it--I'm sure he'll wave wave soon enough. We also do layers a lot so I'm not sure if this picture was him scootching out of his pants or getting excited when Belle is at the window but he does both a lot. 
Today we got to go to Cann's class and he showed off his Super Reader Powers for us. It was fun. Isaac had a final right when it was so he couldn't come. But he did finish up another semester today :) Yay!
I think that's about it.
I think I'll post this and then...head back to the houses website for a while. Yikes. I hate it.

No comments:
Post a Comment