Friday, December 2, 2016

Here's a couple movies to start-last week's tree decorating, then just today Colt was bragging about knowing his part AND Cannon's part in the primary program and after he told me them it was so cute I said "Can we make a movie?" So we did--and he kind of mixed the parts but oh well. Still so cute.
https://youtu.be/JetgchzGRC0
https://youtu.be/Fo_87hErHnA
So anyway they week...
I got a little homesick last week after our company left, I guess just cuz it was the holidays. Oh well. It happens. Monday we took Tan in to get those ears checked--still fluid ~its been a month~ and he's still pulling at them, so we'll go back again. But anyway all the books were on the ground at the Dr. office. I told Colt it would be a good service project to pick them up. No go. Then I told him I would be sure to tell Sister Hatcher if he did. Done. We are encouraging the kids to join in the #LighttheWorld campaign and Kathy told them about it Sunday, so he would do it for her! Whatever it takes right? Then I have my two little helpers helping me clean out the vacuum. 
I really hate that job but its my hair that gets tangled in it, so I do it. I mostly just took the picture because I know I have a picture of Cannon "Helping" me when he was about Tanner's size. Wednesday we went over the the Pettit's for Myla's birthday and this is the only picture I had on my phone with Cannon in it... Hmmm I'm slipping. He's been learning about needs vs wants at school (I love kindergarten) but he's hilarious. He's ready to negotiate some wants! He keeps asking me "So mom, do we have all our needs taken care of?...Cuz then we can get some wants if we have money left over."
Tanner's not crawling but he hops up onto his knees with great ease, but when he wants to go anywhere I reverts back to scooting--he's fast that way and he knows it! And this is what happens with the little guy gets a hold of a scripture marker. Whoops. 
And the smile above is the pure delight of my little pink lover getting a pink pajama shirt. Its not the bright bright pink like he really likes but its still pink. (You should have seen the dance that went with it!) He's asked for a pink primary shirt...a few hundred times. So I gave him one to wear ONLY to bed...to which he asked if I could get him some pink pajama pants to go with it.  He's going to hate me someday for posting this but oh well.  Little Mr. OCD wants to match. But its silky -or that's what he calls that kind of fabric- I bought them last year and I'm not sure they're going to work to print on so I figured what the heck.

Other than that...life's just plugging along. I feel like the time switch is STILL kicking our tail. Isaac comes home from work, its dark, he's tired, the kids are tired and usually at each others throats, and he's just ready to go to bed. That is usually pretty much what happens. I'm tired too but my complaint is when I've been up with the kids 3 times and its only 10:30 it just makes the night too long! Then one morning he was up and on the treadmill at 3:00 AM, that thing is not quiet! Fortunately the repetitive nature of the noise lulled me back to sleep but he finished running then went to work for the day. Long night nothing, that's a LOOOONG day! Who knows...we'll probably just settle into a routine then head west for Christmas, of course there's no such thing as routines on vacation so I guess I should just start rolling with it now. Isaac's philosophy is "I sleep when when I'm tired." Ya know...there's something to that :)
He was also telling me how it would be much for efficient if we only had 2 pair of clothes and to wash one we just got in the shower with them on, washed them then hung them up...I told him he would have made a really great pioneer but I wouldn't have lasted. Sometimes I think he just gets going off about crazy stuff like that to get me all wound up. It works. Ha. I love him though, he's a good egg. I skimmed and article this week where a stay at home mom got called "spoiled" (not by her husband it was some random person) but she wasn't happy about it. Me? I totally feel spoiled and in such a good way and I'm so thankful. Its doesn't mean its always a walk in the park but Isaac does a really great job of making sure I know he appreciates all I do. (Even when I'm try to clarify that I didn't get anything done.) He's the best. Even if he runs on the treadmill at 3 in the morning. :)

Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment