Friday, January 4, 2019

A great week

Not a lot of pics but I feel like we've had a really good week-and that's a great way to start the new year right? I really don't remember what we did last Saturday while Isaac was gone...survived...we'll call it a win. Sunday was we bid farewell to the 3 hour block. We've tried really hard to implement Come Follow Me in our own little family. I've felt of how awesome it is...and we've struggled. Definitely a mix. But we will press on we know the promises are sure, and worth the effort. And the little glimpses of pretty neat.
Monday we Isaac went into work, and about noon I called and said "Sooo when were you coming home?" Its crazy cuz sometimes I'm ready for him to go back too (Ha--truth, right?) But I should give him credit for rescuing me too! We decided to meet at the church and play basketball. But I forgot the clamp for the lower hoop--and the missionaries were there for P-day. So we ended up playing a mean came of kickball with one of those giant Yoga balls. It was pretty fun. Tuesday we celebrated the new year...by it being a normal day! We did play basketball and I had 9 little boys down at the church-only 3 members. Colt got to spend time with dad and they made a Walmart run but I think he had fun with the one on one time. Tan marched around the gym blowing his whistle. The basketball kids we great and I taught them the fine art of 3 on 3 on 3...it was a little bit for mostly 2nd graders to wrap there heads around going one way, then the other, but once they figured it out they loved it.
Isaac had read about some ancestor who tried to do a little bit of anything they wanted to accomplish in the new year on new years day. (I might be butchering the story but anyway--) he's the most interesting of followers, because in most situations he's not a follower of all but after reading that he was all about it. So AFTER basketball when we got home at almost 5 he wanted to make sure he rode his Motorcycle, taught a little accounting, (I got to be the student) worked on a home repair, I can't remember what he did...but there are lots of  options around here. Ran on the treadmill, and he wants us to do a better job of going out on dates (Sweet right? Can't complain about that one--hoping is sticks!!) But  it was a little late for that so we cooked an apple pie he and Cannon had bought on sale at Aldi and enjoyed a slice together while the boys watched TV. I can't think of anything else right off the top of my head but that's a pretty good list when you don't start until 5!
Wednesday we celebrated our 9th anniversary (the days might go slow but the years sure go fast-9 years!) Anyway best thing was that we actually did go out on a date. Maybe the non "resolution" but things I want to accomplish things is working already. I did drop a few hints earlier because celebrating is important to me...and sometimes he still is figuring that out. For example when he went with the youth I said "Oh hey Mazie is a kid that always seems to be having fun, maybe she could help you plan something fun to do for our anniversary..."  But hey-it worked! We got a babysitter and went to dinner!! And after dinner we went to Home Depot at bought a mirror for our bathroom!!! 6 months without! But its up now!!! Wahoo. And he had said before "Oh, our Anniversary is on Wednesday I have YM's" So we didn't have a ton of time but we made it happen. Even as I type this I think...he's probably doesn't know how big of deal that was, but it was and just a way better way to start the year than doing nothing to celebrate us. Also my friend Dennise whose husband also teaches always like to sneak away to lunch while the guys don't have school. We also got Salwa to come but Wednesday was the only day we could make work so not only did Isaac take me to dinner, he babysat while I went to lunch. I don't know if I made breakfast for not but overall a no cooking day! It was awesome! A very happy anniversary indeed!
Thursday Cannon and Colt had school. Its like I count down until they go back then I miss'm. Make up my mind right? Tan and I did run quite a few errands that morning, then I even took Colt with us to Hobby Lobby and Walmart after we picked him up. Even 2 kids in a store is SO MUCH easier than 3!!! I have 2 hands they can hold on to! And today was another basketball day. We're still slowly taking down Christmas. I guess we kind of let the season last all year round in the mess kind of way. Oh well.
I'll throw a few pics on the bottom here, but that's pretty much it.
Kickball vs the Missionaries was exhausting. Oh and I forgot Tan and I built the trundle bed this week! 



Colt our little crafter made Isaac a necklace with an I on it. Kinda looks like a stick figure. 🤣 then just a Tanner selfie. 


Oh boy Cann gets excited about working on the “hydrolic arm” grapple thing Santa left with his dad. But what a pain in the rear!!! Santa botched that one! Good thing Isaac has the patience of Job! Cann doesn’t get too excited about Tanners help. 


Tanner LOVES going to work with dad, screen time jackpot! When I got there to pic him up I was told in no uncertain terms to “go back away”  



Good thing I had a dum dum to lure him away. Colt cashed in on the 90% off Christmas art supplies! He was in heaven! 

And we play hoops, build forts, and try to enjoy life. 







I found out reading the principals weekly email about Cannons caught being good award-good job buddy!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment