Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday night after blogging I didn’t even get to sleep before Tanner woke up and coughed until he puked...it was that kind of night. Ug! 
I’m pretty sure I’ve been tired and haven’t slept well and have been fighting my own sickness since. Oh well. 
Saturday we had a basketball kindof day. Colt had a birthday party for a primary friend so the Moody’s helped us out so he could go to that and Isaac would get to watch Cann play. Tan was my photographer... 

But lucky for me Cannon’s teammate/best buddy this year in school, Isaac, his mom loves to take pictures and does an AWESOME job. Ok Tan, you’re off the hook 😉 I love these!! 





And he tells me he does shoot with one hand...we’ll work on it! 
Oh one cool thing after basketball and having it on my brain Saturday I randomly remembered Cannons shirt I made him for the state game back in 2012... I thought it was so silly that he picked Cosmos number but, I guess he’s been 00 for a long time :) Fun huh? 
And was he really ever that small? Time goes fast!! 
Sunday was good I can’t remember anything too exciting. 
Monday I was driving down to get Colt from school and I heard this crashing sound said “What was that?” And Tanner answered “It were me!” I turned around to see his cars seat between the two captains chairs! As I hurried to pull over I asked if he was okay and when he said yeah I figured I might as well take two seconds to document it. 

He obviously wasn’t any worse for wear, and he asked if we could do it again sometime -but I said no- and now try to make sure the seat is actually strapped in. I honestly don’t know if it didn’t get done up or if he undid it-could be either. 
Monday was also super fun in a Christmas continues kind of way. 2nd Grade has been crazy to me as Cannon has become very brand aware. Seriously? He’s 7! I remember being in middle school when I got my first pair of Nikes, they were basketball shoes. I guess there were other brands in 6th grade I was aware of, but didn’t have, but 2nd grade? Good grief! At any rate Under Armour is what’s cool at school and he loves it. So for Christmas Santa hooked him up with a couple things but Santa obviously doesn’t know his size! So the little tights things that they wear under shorts (why???? But it’s what he wanted) well they weren’t tights at all, just looked like baggy thermal underwear. Then he wanted to wear them as regular pants I was like “no way!” So because we don’t have many stores around here we sent Grama on a little errand looking for some. Well she didn’t find them but she did find a pretty good cache of after Christmas deals the boys got a pkg in the mail Monday with an under armour loot. They were pretty excited, they loved it! and it was a fun little vicarious shopping trip for me too.  
I find a lot of pictures on my phone like this the one below from Colt my little creator. He says “I just don’t like to destroy it before I get a picture mom!” Ha-ok. I also had to take a picture of him watching a movie on the computer with Cann. He didn’t want to miss anything but if it’s at all scary...or he perceives it as scary I really don’t let them watch sketchy stuff! He is up ready to bolt if he needs too. It’s going to be hazardous getting through all those fort cushions when he runs. (Also note Isaac in the background-he’s had a rough week too, Tuesday I told him he looked tired and he said “I think I’m getting sick.” And he was. And that guy sleeps when he is sick!! Or tired...Sometimes when I am up all night with kids or just so so tired I have a hard time not getting really jealous. He says “just sleep” but I can’t when there are things I think need to be done. 


Also Tuesday was garbage day. R.I.P $3 yard sale Christmas tree we bought in Mississippi. Oh boy it more than did it’s time. Should have been tossed years ago, but once we finally replaced it then the boys wanted it in their room. When setting it up this time I vowed, never again! 
Wednesday we finally took the chance to meet up with Mrs Hardee. It was so good to see her! Of course she had a craft they could do. Colt was in Heaven and has said “If we just lived next door to her I could go get a craft any time I needed one. She and I had a good -although disjointed-conversation! 


Sometimes Tan just needs his hoop a little higher! And my little artists! 

Part of why I didn’t finish the blog post last night was because on top of Basketball practice and feeding the Missionaries last, I signed up to help with babysitting for the med schools prom. Shoot me! But no one was signing up and the girl organizing it just got baptized last month and I didn’t want her to feel not supported...it wasn’t a church thing but they were using the church. (Probably a mistake, I’m not sure Bishop Ison would ok it again...) My shift started at 8:00 (too late just for the record! All the members had picked their kids up by 9:00 but there was the tiredest little red eyed 18 month old wandering around at 10:00 and there were still two kids there when I left at 10:30! That’s just crazy! Oh and there were still two adults there we just decided there was no need for 4 of us to stay!) anyway!!! I hadn’t been there 2 minutes when a kid pulled the fire alarm. As soon as I heard it I said “_______ Just pulled that.” And I was exactly right. My friend who was on the 8:00 shift with me walked in as the cops were showing up and said “Hundred bucks says says it was _______” And she too was exactly right! She is the one who look this pic, the mom of the kids posted it on FB so I felt fine about stealing it. But I totally made him talk to the officer! Which you can see how well it went he’s covering his ears. 
It might not look like it but the officer was SOOOO nice! I was like come on man-not what I was going for. But then the cop who is the fire guy came—totally our neighbor Ray! He’s awesome we love him. But he ended up having to talk to him too and I think he was a little more stern, (I heard) I at that point was on the phone with the facilities management guy (I had also had to call Isaac, the fire dept, and dispatch) Who was telling me Salt Lake had to be notified -but actually Ray did that as part of his report-bottom line it was a pain in the butt.
The only other news from the week was there was a big snow storm forecast for last night-I think they totally overreacted and panick but...I guess maybe they know better than me. They let school out 2 hours early (botched me getting nap😏) and the school district wouldn’t let them use the gyms for the Basketball tournament either yesterday or today (Sat) it was a Fri Sat Sun tourney and we knew that we would miss Sunday when we signed up but we were so excited when the brackets came out and the whole tournament for 1st/2nd grade was on Sat. But with the snow cancelation they moved the whole thing to Sunday. Bummer. 
I’m happy we got into the Schuyler County league— Otherwise basketball  would just be over. 
Guess that’s about it! 
We’ll probably play in the snow today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment