Friday, May 17, 2019

I don’t think Seth has quite got the I’m tired andvwant to go to bed memo...hmmm
Let’s see what have we been up to this week? 
Last weekend Isaac had graduation I don’t know what the boys and I did—nothing exciting enough to take a picture of. I did ask Cannon to clean up by the back door, it was a deal where they all had to help with something and that was his thing. Which led him to his backpack and instead of cleaning I had more of a mess of things scattered all over. Great. I did take a picture...not the only mess picture I took this week but I think it’s best not to post them. Not really what I’m trying to remember by keeping this blog.
 😉
But how bout this proud big brother and not so sure little brother? 

I don’t know what they were up to but I sure love them. 
Sunday was Mother’s Day. We got both of our moms called so that’s a win. Isaac came home with a couple rose bushes and a flower to plant Saturday night...we still haven’t planted them. Hmm. Maybe tomorrow???
Monday night we had the Tilton’s over and grilled hamburgers. We’re going to head to Utah next week then when we come back they’ll be gone. ☹️😩😭 They have been such great friends the last 4 years. We knew this was coming but it still stinks! Luckily their town for residency is just off I70 in Kansas so we hope to cross paths as we’re driving through but it won’t be the same. I hope Cassie and I can stay in touch!!! Her friendship has been a huge blessing in my life! The world needs more Cassie’s!! We did dinner Monday and then I hoped we’d get to hang out again this week but it didn’t happen-that’s what makes me nervous about the future. 
Anyway. Monday night I was also inducted into the SCHS hall of fame. What is that you might ask? Answer—I don’t know! They told me about it, and asked if I would be able to make the awards banquet or whatever it was. I took an honest look at it and contimplated different options but in the end it just really wasn’t possible. We could have made it by Tuesday but not Monday. I said thanked them for the honor and sent my parents in my stead. My mom said it was really nice. Thinking about HS definitely brought back some fun memories.


Tuesday I had thought we would do Cannons little play date birthday party but most of his friends had football camp. So we ended up just having Cohen and Isaac over, they had a good time. On they drive home from school today Cannon asked “mom when are we going to do my birthday party!”  Uhhh I thought that was it. 
Here’s a funny picture from my phone this week, dad trying to help these two work it out...well we all know he’s an optimist. 

Yikes 
This week we also got the ground ready and started to plant the ward garden. The YM/YW came over Wednesday and RS was here Thursday. Wednesday we spent pretty much the whole day trying to get the spot ready. Look who Isaac recruited to help. 


Sethy’s first tractor ride!! Ok really he just sat there while Isaac hooked up the tiller. 
Wednesday was also pack meeting for cub scouts. We intended to divide and conquer but then they all wanted to stay there with me. Ug. Ok. Oh and while there I found out our good friends the Beals are moving...to St George!!!!! I’m super happy for them and happy we’ll get to see them but also sad for us and maybe just a liiiittle jealous. I mean I know I shouldn’t be I know the Lord is mindful of all of us!! But...if I’m being honest, just say’n! 

Thursday was Colts last day of preschool!!! He wouldn’t go for the cap and gown but I got a smile so—good enough! 
Today dad stayed home and tended (...and napped after cooking breakfast for the Seminary kids early this morning) while I took this little cutie with me to watch the 2nd grade track meet. 



Poor Cann was zonked and feeling sick after school today. Maybe a mild case of heatstroke, it lasted all night, even after the 2hour nap. He made the finals in the 400 but regretted it. “Running” it the 2nd time kicked his tail. He was zapped! On the 50 yard dash they just ran it on the football field but if someone would come toward him into his would be lane he’d just let’m in and go behind. I congratulated him on being nice, and told him if they would’ve had lanes I thought he would have won...maybe 2nd at worst but with the route he took he was way back. 

And last but not least-dad hanging out with his boys. Sleeping again 🤦🏼‍♂️and that same stink’n engine for the unrelenting time 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️



That’s gotta be it, I’m super tired and Seth actually finally gave up! Good night!!











No comments:

Post a Comment