Friday, May 24, 2019

Seth’s first Utah trip

Oh the drive across was the worst ever-do I say that every time? Ug!!! But I guess I better go back to Saturday first Isaac was gone with Scouts and these boys went outside barefooted and came back in covered in mud. I was so frustrated with the mess and extra work I finally decided bologna! They are going to help around here! And it was awesome!!!





This next picture just really sums up life at our house-Cannon (sneaky) trying to get Colton (world is black and white -actually things that are truly grey throw him for a loop) anyway he’s trying to get Colt not to tell. 

We also got a little baseball in and had the bakers over that night. 



And then it was Sunday—which started with the boys getting Seth some good reading material 😊



Then we had to swing by the Lingwall’s quick and the Bakers actually fed us lunch. Crazy-so nice!! We are sad to see the Lingwall’s go. So sad. They have been great friends for us but we are super happy for them to get to move west! (Boise) But I had to laugh at Trevor giving Isaac one last hug. Mr Affectionate couldn’t even fake it, hands straight down to his size then trying to peel them away. Sorry Trevor he does hug-but ONLY me 😊



 While the plan was to leave anytime before 5 (Really even 6 we could’ve made it) and go to liberty jail...Isaac got busy Bishoping it -more important- and we didn’t get out of there until 7. So we’ve lived in Missouri 4 years and STILL never been to liberty jail. Maybe next time. 
It was awful! No wonder we dont usually travel on Sundays. A bridge was washed out so we had a detour but it wasn’t marked so we had a BIG LONG detour. We had trailer tire trouble and ended up in Liberty MO after all. At 11:30 at night, at Walmart buying trailer tires. I started driving at 12:30 and drive until 3:30 by 4:30 Isaac was ready for me to have another turn 😩that time I only lasted an hour. Once it got light again he drove most of it. I made him let me drive again when I saw his eyes looking Really heavy.  But we didn’t get to Huntington until 5 Monday -6 our time so it was a 23 hour trip. It was miserable. Seth puked twice. The lesson...go back to no Sundays? naps before we go? Especially if he had early mtgs. I dunno. 
Getting into Huntington that late we didn’t go right to bed (probably should have) so by 9:30 or so when we did. Holy cow, it was long. 
Playing with Grampa’s toys then Seth chill’n while Isaac works on that same engine for the ____th time. (It looks like he’s trying to torch his arm but it’s just a light)  he’s a million times more patient than me. We knew that. 



Tuesday we headed South for SG. And I didn’t feel great but just got sicker and sicker. I know it’s just cuz I got run down. Tanner though-poor guy he’s been sick the WHOLE time...well I guess he fought through a little the first day but it’s been rough. When he’s older and looking at the blog he’ll appreciate that I left off details because it has not been pretty!!! Seth’s been a little under the weather too but the big boys have been loving life and cashing in on Grandparents Time and cousin time!! 
As I looked through the pics I felt like oh good we have been able to have some fun even with sickies and Grama laid up (knees surgery) 
So here’s the pics...
First stop leaving EC...of course... watusis???





 








Apparently they’ve had lots of rain in Kirksville our neighbor posted this






















Of course these could all use better explainations and stories but I’ve gotta sleep when I can! 
Oh but the weather here has been absolutely beautiful!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment