A few highlight though-the new little .22! Ray had one the boys had a blast, Grampa bought one but it didn’t get there in time for us to use it last trip so when Isaac wanted to buy one I was kinda like eh...we don’t really need one. But basically he wanted to buy one so he did but it was really fun and after I went down and shot with them I don’t think having an another is a bad thing at all with 4 little boys.
Fathers Day was anti climatic but that’s to be expected with the celebrater hater. He got a new suit. We left his in Utah but it wasn’t a big deal since he needed a new one anyway- I’d told him that I was buying him one for my Mother’s Day before that anyway.
I picked it out but...it might be a little too trendy looking for me. Oh well. There’s always next years motbers day.
We had the missionaries over for dinner that night.
Isaac didn’t say anything, he shows no emotion but it was weird for me to have it be the first Fathers Day without Grandpa Ison. I always knew that in his own way he was a voice of reason Isaac would actually listen to. Maybe I’m dreaming but I like to think he would have helped reason Isaac out of this crazy let’s buy a bus and convert it to a motor home plan.
Doesn’t it seem reasonable to want our house finished first? Our closets are framed in 2x4s, his suits hang on a 16 penny nail and don’t even get me started on that front door...
I digress
The other thing that’s kept us busy is Isaac put up a slack line. One of my roommates at BYU was into these things but she was kind of my real deal-less I’ll just use the tow rope I have. But it was fun.
Other excitement Cannon finally got to shoot his Cannon
We had a few “garden” finds
Colt lost 2 teeth
Isaac got a new 2nd Counselor so we went down to that setting apart.
And in bad news Seth got stung by a bumble bee. It was crazy it got him on his hand while we were mowing. Then we got off it chased us down and got him again on the ear. Poor guy the both swelled up huge. Maybe we mowed over a nest or something-they usually don’t bother us.
Anyway that was rotten, and so is working on food all day and coming home hungry! 😬 I’ve gotta be done I need to go find something to eat.
Nauvoo in the morning. We (both of us) have a mtg with Elder Morgan the new area authority.
More next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment