Scratch the single moment-try all week- and it’s probably the perfect quote for the week.😏
Isaac took the youth to an activity Sat morning. It ended up being good they went to Carthage and also up Nauvoo but the activity was volleyball in Macomb and they didn’t want to play. Seems like a long way to go for something you didn’t want ton participate in.
But I did smile when the stake YW president sent me this. Why make two trips when you can carry 30 pizza boxes at once? So maybe he drove 3 hours each way to be the garbage man?
Whatever. I took all 4 boys to Tanners YMCA game they were running about an hour and 15 minutes behind so that was miserable! Then the game was…well kindof miserable too. Tanners the youngest on his team and he plays kids all Colt’s age so it’s kinda ugly.
The first pic is not so bad-the next one was more realistic. He brought the ball up the court this possession, and probably only touched it one other time all game
I don’t know what else.
Well I know one thing but it doesn’t need to go here😏
We survived Sunday -we actually it was the primary program and the boys did awesome! So that was fun-and awesome that both grandmas could join in via zoom. I never heard anything about Tanners part until he did it but I videos the other two practicing. Cann’s the only one I got a still shot off
(I still love that Riz tie)
Then Monday Cannon woke up puking -uggg I’d hoped he would have avoided it but he probably got it the worst. He missed school Monday and Tuesday and didn’t get to go get chickens.
Isaac came home with 50 chickens. 50!
He was going to go get them that night then he talked to the guy and he wanted him there before 6. But he had a dept mtg (that usually doesn’t end until 5:30 and the place is 45 min away) I thought he was going to take the trailer-nope, he folded down the seats, got moving boxes from our friends (that gave us the roosters) and our van…the chicken wagon.
Why can’t we be normal?
I guess then what would I have to blog about right?
But why not start with 5 chickens…or 4 -one for each kid? I’ll tell you why, they were like $5 a bird…or something like that-but if you bought at least 50 you got them for $2 a bird. Of course we didn’t pass up a better deal.
Heaven help me.
I refuse to have the chickens I didn’t really want become my responsibility so except that I needed a pic for blog so I finally went down today and snagged this:
Oh and I have them building boxes while dad is in the zoom mtg. 8-10 birds a box 🤣
Anyway he ended up doing the dept mtg via zoom, well the end of it anyway and then his phone completely died. Really you should hear Colt tell the story of him stopping at random houses asking for directions. (Both on the way there and on the way home.) I’m just glad I wasn’t there-for multiple reasons!
Oh before the chicken fun Isaac and Seth sprayed off his motorcycle! I think he finally finished fixing it Saturday oh yeah it was Saturday or maybe Friday but he fired that thing up and then the carbon monoxide alarms were going off and I was freaking out-it was disaster ?/650 or so but Monday they sprayed it off and Tuesday it was warm enough to ride it. Sweet, at least he got to ride it once.
Oh before the chicken fun Isaac and Seth sprayed off his motorcycle! I think he finally finished fixing it Saturday oh yeah it was Saturday or maybe Friday but he fired that thing up and then the carbon monoxide alarms were going off and I was freaking out-it was disaster ?/650 or so but Monday they sprayed it off and Tuesday it was warm enough to ride it. Sweet, at least he got to ride it once.
Tuesday we had the primary kids out to celebrate the primary program. It takes a lot to trump the zip line but the novelty of the new chickens easily did. The kids were ecstatic -all of them! “It was like an Easter egg hunt, without candy!” 🤣🤣 whatever I mostly stayed by the not so busy zip line. It was fun to have good weather and friends out.
Wednesday it was the next round of people over, the YM/YW were out and two of Isaac’s students cooked Korean food for them..
Probably the coolest thing was thinking of the gal from China who-at least currently- would never hear the gospel in her own country but listening to the YW theme. I thought that part was cool. It was a super late night though.
Let’s see, Monday late Wednesday late Thursday late (bball) no wonder Tanner is unbearable by tonight! Hopefully he sleeps in!
Tanner was Kirk’s kid so that was exciting but when his teacher said “tell your mom your good news” at pick up he said it was “we had popcorn and watched a movie in class” sweet!
Colt was Kirk’s kid last month and got to bring his picture hone today cuz they were switching them out.
This evening we left the kids in front of screens and slipped down to Ron Morlan’s viewing. Such a nice man, we’ve been praying for him for a while and we are happy for him to be able to graduate from mortality! We’ll keep praying for his family. His funeral is tomorrow so that means I get to do YMCA basketball with all 4 by myself again. Oh boy!
I think that’s it.
No comments:
Post a Comment