Saturday Grama took off early which is always tough-but not near as bad when we have a next time planned (always tentative with us but a tentative plan is better than no plan)
Even though she left super early she promised to come in and give Tan a hug and a kiss-when I showed him the pic he said “doesn’t count! I didn’t feel it”
The poor kid struggles with goodbye and I get it-he doesn’t get it from his dad!!! Between having Grama leave and kindergarten ending so he won’t have Mrs Feeney any more the poor kid has had a rough week!
Sister is about as sure about this bow as I am ๐
I don’t know looks a little too Aunt Jamimah-ish to me…
And then there’s the reason we say she has Tanners scowl๐


Saturday Isaac had a meeting over in Nauvoo he rode over with Ben and the rest of the Pettits came our way and brought fruit and Pizza for dinner. The kids played and played and had a great time and I enjoyed getting to visit with Michaila.
Saturday Isaac had a meeting over in Nauvoo he rode over with Ben and the rest of the Pettits came our way and brought fruit and Pizza for dinner. The kids played and played and had a great time and I enjoyed getting to visit with Michaila.
Sunday snuggles from the brothers…oh sister you are loved! …and sometimes mauled ๐คฃ
Oh we did go to church Sunday…it honestly just seemed easier than Isaac going in, coming back and getting the boys, then bringing them home or me going to get them, I just figured we’re fine it’s only two hours let’s just do it. While there tons of people offered to bring us dinner but I was like no no we’re fine. Then Monday happened!
Ug.
Oh wait before that we also watched the “young adult” fireside Pres and Sister Nelson did. It was awesome. I have tried to ponder on her question about being holy and I loved how he said some people think he’s old but he’s “a lot younger than Adam” haha and I thought that’s right I might be an old mom-but I’m a lot younger than Sarah. Truthfully I missed the meat of his talk cuz I was busy being mom but I liked what I heard and Isaac gave me the run down about our true identity as children of God and disciples of Jesus Christ. ๐๐ป
Ok now back to Monday.
My mom had offered to stay all this week-especially if Isaac wanted to go to Utah but he hadn’t said he was going and she was just hanging out-and he was done with work so just hanging out and she was just like well I feel like it’s time for me to leave. So she did. And Monday Isaac loaded up, took Seth and headed for Utah!
Wait-what?
Yeah. True.
Seth was excited to go, he is a handful but I’ve never been away from him. I wanted Isaac to leave him but he wouldn’t. I missed him like crazy but I couldn’t say it because I didn’t want him thinking oh I miss mom too. Anyway it was crazy. The worst was not having an extra driver—especially after having 2 extra drivers for a week. And the other worst was that yes, with Seth gone they all fit in the car but they were touching each other and it wasn’t a great week for Tan and…just use your imagination, it was a disaster! And the other worst (since I keep using that phrase) was Adalyn christened her car seat with a big ole puke while we were waiting in line to get Cannon so first of all she was stuck in it until we got him and the other boys and got home, then I had to tear the whole thing apart to clean it…just the mom life. But the dad wasn’t around for back ups. Punk. Thankfully she only had 1 bad night while he was gone. They got back today so…lots of driving for those two! Cannon had baseball twice so everyone had to go. Colt and Tanner are troopers and little sister was of course the hit of baseball. Anyway, I had a great chat with my sister in law, I love her! She called to apologize for him leaving because she’s a blood relative ๐คฃ๐คฃ she’s pretty much the best. And when my friend text Wednesday to see if she could bring dinner Thursday I was said “that would be fantastic!” Because I’d already fed my kids cold cereal for dinner twice a little Caesar’s once. But all in all it worked out, we survived. Before Isaac left he said “don’t cry honey bear ” to which I replied “then don’t go!” (I’m on Tanners team with goodbyes๐) and I was freaking out about him taking Seth. I told him no way could he do that out of sight out of mind crap like he usually does and he did a little better so that was good. But they got home this afternoon and it was super good to see them both!!!
I text and asked for pics and here’s what I got.
Oh and he was able to fix the pump truck so that was good. That’s why he went.
Along with end of the school year fun and festivities
I tried to snag a few newborn pics of Miss Adalyn Grace.
So let’s see what the pictures hold…
Poor Colt…he’s mostly just endured this year but he did get to cash in a few “golden tickets” this week. He got to do this sand painting and eat some treats one day, they had a pizza lunch one day, and a few extra recesses.
Kindergarten at the end of the year was a party!! And Tans teacher was so awesome about sending pics of there different festivities!
And Cannon read the most words of anyone in his whole school! The awards assembly was…painful. I didn’t even find out about it until 8:45 the night before but Addi and I pulled it off. I wished I had been videoing instead of taking pictures when he was the last man standing with the most words. The place erupted! It was pretty awesome. He was embarrassed. 
When I did get the text it didn’t say anything about the most words It said he was getting the presidential award. Sounds prestigious right? It’s not-talk about celebrating mediocrity. It meant he’d past at least one end of level test in 3rd and 4th grade and that he had a B average. I wasn’t impressed. He got a form letter from President Biden along with his certificate…he wasn’t impressed either ๐คฃ

That’s Levi (Boyer) who plays basketball with us in front Brett (Herbst) waving Cann and he best buddy Luke (Farwell) behind him.
Alright did we get through all the brothers? Is it Addi’s turn?



When Tan is the photographer…


When I did get the text it didn’t say anything about the most words It said he was getting the presidential award. Sounds prestigious right? It’s not-talk about celebrating mediocrity. It meant he’d past at least one end of level test in 3rd and 4th grade and that he had a B average. I wasn’t impressed. He got a form letter from President Biden along with his certificate…he wasn’t impressed either ๐คฃ
When it was over and I went to leave he said “Mom! Let Mrs English hold Addi.” So I didn’t leave quite yet. He has had a great year and loved being in a class with all of his buddies. Since they’re leaving the school they do one last walk around the building-Luke’s mom sent me the pic—sister and I didn’t hang around for the walk.
That’s Levi (Boyer) who plays basketball with us in front Brett (Herbst) waving Cann and he best buddy Luke (Farwell) behind him.
I also got this note from his teacher. No lie-I’m so happy to get a note like this but I was like dang, we need to get working on memorizing that YM’s theme and especially the “beginning in my own home” line. I’m just saying he might not always get this nice of a report around home…๐
Alright did we get through all the brothers? Is it Addi’s turn?
We all like her!
When Tan is the photographer…
And would I let kids sleep on their tummy? Never ๐


Her gas bubble smirk ๐


Tried on pics. We tried. Sethy before they left…poor sister was like SAVE ME!


But I think that’s it…
Her gas bubble smirk ๐
Tried on pics. We tried. Sethy before they left…poor sister was like SAVE ME!
But I think that’s it…
No comments:
Post a Comment