Friday, November 25, 2022

It’s Friday again—we’re headed to Nauvoo again. So I might as well start the blog again…and hope for better resultsπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
Saturday was a busy day, Seth dressed up to be his dads helper.  

Tanner had basketball-and he had a bucket! I took Addi Grama and Grampa and the others got a week off. 
That afternoon the boys were downstairs (I thought with Isaac—I was wrong) I was just upstairs feeding Addi, I heard the screams and I just thought whatever Isaac let them get into he can help them get out of. Shortly after my mom came in and said “it’s an emergency and he needs mom not Grama” 
So I got to him at the kitchen sink running Cold water over this: 

Which looks like nothing! It seems so silly now but with the blood curdling screams of both Tanner and Seth in the background I saw that white and feared bone. (Thankfully not even close -and it looked like way more white than that picture shows.)  But I guess Tanner was running on the treadmill and Seth was standing on the edge and then fell off and got his hand in it. (Just to be clear I swear we have rules against this stuff.) anyway Super scary-could’ve been so much worse—hopefully it scared then into being a whole lot safer moving forward- but Tanner got it stopped and Seth didn’t want to pull his hand out so Tanner just grabbed it and yanked. It’s a tossup who was more traumatized. 
But we survived it. And Grama’s phone helps with everything 😏

It ended up but being not that big of deal. Seth wants a shirt that says “I hate the treadmill” ha I’m the t-shirt lady, I just might make it happen. 
Saturday afternoon Grama also made delicious apple pies for our early Thanksgiving. She had pretty good help too. 



Our Thanksgiving feast-because of our miniature dining room we did 1/2 on the table and 1/2 buffet style-But it was delicious! Thanks Grama! (Heaven knows I would’ve fed them cold cereal 🀣) 



Oh crud! Last time-tires this time Tanner’s puking! 😩
Thankfully I had one of those barf bags in the glove box and it actually went way better than Monday night when he puked all over his pillow and bed, the doorway, he got to the bathroom but then came back out to shut the door (why??????) and launched all over the hallway
Have mercy-
The barf bag in the car wasn’t perfectly executed but close. Thankfully. 
But still-I quit! I’ll blog later 

Ok I’m back—where we’re we? Oh yeah-Sunday pics. 

And Monday

So remember how just Grama Grampa Addi and I went to the ball game? We’re the ones that rotated the big rug too! See that pink spot by Addi’s elbow? That’s as much of the purple soda stain that I could get out. I probably would’ve had a better shot if they’d told me about it. As it was I found it Saturday evening. But Grampa had the idea to rotate the rug and put that side under the couch. Perfect! (If he’d have said it sooner I would have quit scrubbing sooner! Ha) 
We did that then got Seth off to school. We were just kinda puttering around -checking out the farm and home stores in town when Isaac called. Oh well back up-Isaac is 100% Mr friendly to the random bum off the street—but with the in-laws…eh. He doesn’t even think he’s rude when he doesn’t talk or interact, he just says “oh I didn’t have anything to say” anyway this is a long history I trust will all be sorted out in the millennium πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» But I felt like he was extra bad. Cuz it has been a lot of years or sorting things out and I’ve decided he is grateful they come and we have fun even if it doesn’t seem like it. But he just stayed away-didn’t really say anything- in fact, his face looked pained! I was (maybe mad) but just frustrated what the heck? What did they do? what did I do? Answer-nothing. Phew. His face really was pained! He had a root canal fail! Dang!!! And he was hurting!! For who knows how long because he doesn’t say anything-finds know use in complaining (kinda impressive actually) but by Sat/Sun I knew he was really hurting! (Because I saw him taking ibuprofen)  So Monday he was off work but he went church’n it and called the dentist. They got him in at 1:00. But by 1:40 he and my dad were on the road-headed for Jeff’s City to the endodontist. Our regular dentist said they’d access the root from his gums right under his nose and he need someone to drive him home. So Chip got tossed under the bus on that. Because if I go then Addi has to go and the next day we had to drive to take them to the airport so wanting to limit the car seat torture I bailed-and sent Chip. Only he didn’t really need a driver so sorry about the extra 4+ hours of driving for nothing Chip. Guess we should’ve asked the endodontist office 
Bummer. Oh well. 
What a day. 
Seth made this cute little turkey at school

And Cannon had basketball. The whole root canal adventure fouled up our dinner at LaFuente plans but I just had my mom pick up Cannon from practice and she took the big boys and they were pumped, they had a blast! 
That was the Tanner puking everywhere night. 
I don’t know what happened/- if he just ate too much because I let him get too hungry? But it was a disaster and 3 extra batches of laundry! 
He said “sorry mom, maybe I should’ve told you my tummy was hurting” yeah good idea. 
Tuesday we had to take Grama  and Grampa back to the airport in Des Moines so they could get home and do it all again. But I’m so glad they came—it was so fun!! 
Addi and I shopped a little after we dropped them off. I told Isaac I was maybe having too much fun and his exactly words were “just enjoy it” he’s awesome, he really is the best!! And I’m glad to report I did enjoy it!! 
He had his hands full when I got home though. 3 1/ 2 hours-it’s not that long-it’s how long he had them all after school and everything. I might need to leave him more kids more often. He might need more practice…just kidding! 
I got a cute note from Tann and Addi chewing on silkies-definitely Cann man’s sister!! 



I love it when they’re creative. 

Since we’d already done thanksgiving we put the tree up Wednesday. 

I don’t know if we have tradition-but we have fun. Isaac likes to do projects on holidays but this project was just “dig a giant whole to play in”  no reason, except they could. 



Patiently-or impatiently- waiting their turn. 

We got a big mess out to decorate the porch: 



Then the temple today. It was good to make it inside! Oh and Brad brought Cannons deer (all processed) back by. So we made some jerky πŸ‘πŸ»
And they like trying to get her to stand. 

I think that’s about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment