Friday, November 18, 2022

More Adventures

Another Friday-here we go again. I can’t make this stuff up! 
My friend Haley was subbing Cannon’s primary class and he was telling them about getting stuck in the Golden Goose pulling out of the yard with the excavator on-she was dying. Then the other gal standing there said “oh yeah, when I had her kids in primary it was alway something-my favorite was when they said ‘my dad started the car on fire’” I laughed and said “oh yeah-I forgot about that one.” I mean I can’t remember things-that’s why I blog!!  So currently we’re on our way to Nauvoo but we hit something???? I was looking at my phone so I didn’t see it (he was talking on his…ultimate togetherness on this little jaunt I know) but it sounded awful and now he’s changing a tire. Bummer. 
As he was getting out I thought I’m thankful it’s him and not me. Second thought-why is he wearing those (athletic) socks with his suit??? They look terrible. Oh I’m the worst! 
But if he’s the best -we balance out right? 
Let’s go with that! 
3rd thought: Holy crap (I was going to type crud because it doesn’t seem quite so crass—but anyone reading this knows I didn’t think Holy “crud” we might as well keep it honest right? ) but back to me though: we have less than 1/4 a tank of gas! 🀯
Seriously in the time I’ve started blogging he’s changed it and done. So either he’s pretty quick or I’m pretty slow. Maybe both. 
Anyhooo
Saturday-basketball. Still bad-not as bad. But sister was tired and needed a nap- she was squealing at the top of her lungs. 

Isaac had something in Nauvoo so it was tough it out troops! 
Sunday the horse got out—again! 
I taught RS but eh it was ok. 

Back to today: We stopped in keokuk to buy new tires—2 hours later (Isaac can’t believe how inefficient tire centers are) but we left with 2 new tires but only one was mounted-the side we didn’t need. But when they went to do the other one one they found out whatever we hit -Isaac thinks it was a big bolt he saw it but not soon enough- ruined our tire AND put a hole in our rim. Yikes. So we headed for the temple 2 hours later with the donut on anyway. We were driving along the River and I decided to look at the schedule even though you don’t have to schedule an appointment anymore and it said “no available appointments” so I looked at next Friday just to get an idea time wise-the last one was 6:30. It was 6:42. So hopeful, I still called...no luck she said “hopefully you can come tomorrow” 
We’ll at least we talked to the nice lady Arleta at the tire shop about family history. 🀷‍♀️
Cuz otherwise it was a strikeout on the temple date. But oh yeah Sunday. We have a pic with Sister Wheeler cuz she got transferred this week but we’re thankful for the time she served in our ward! 

Sometimes at the end of the year when I go to print out the blog I have too many pics (I know you’re shocked πŸ˜‰) but the other Sunday pic I have is of my car with the gas light on saying 9 miles to empty 😳😳😳
Somebody took the youth to Nauvoo and had enough gas to make it home so-he was good. 
Good Heavens! 
Anyway. 
Can’t think of much Monday-Cann had basketball so we hung out at the Pettit’s until it was time for that but Tuesday we had snow! 
Seth wanted to build a snowman and I wanted to clean up our messy house-I’m glad he won out!! And it was Addi’s first snow!!! 



We forgot to take a pic of the one at our house but we had the idea to make one for Caleb and Riz at the cemetery too. So we busted it over there but by then the snow was melting fast. We’ll make’m a better one another time!! 


Oh and Tuesday I made Salvadoran Quesadilla for Colts cultural celebration at school. …🀒 Little too authentic for me πŸ˜‚
And that gets us to Wednesday! 
πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Addi Colt and I went to Des Moines to pick up Grana and Grampa—they are hosting thanksgiving this year but since we’re not going they cane here first! We’re so lucky and loving having them! 













A sweet (and super soft) new blanket from Grama Kay



Ok what else? 
There’s a bunch of pics of Colt as a baby on my phone. Addi reminds me so much of Cannon and other times Tan but she is definitely Colts sister! 
Grampa shenanigans 

Oh and we got the Golden Goose back 😏

I don’t know what else!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment