The first thing that happened Saturday morning, was Isaac ditched me and went back to the temple by himself…I was so mad that it made the blog a full week later so…there’s that.


They were pretty dang good!


And Grampa got a tooth!!










Isaac told me tonight he regrets not seeing a show inside there because Elon Musk said it was cool…or worth it. Too bad the yellow one is not the eye roll emoji… cuz that’s what I think of the Musk-rat. …who is also one of Gods children 😬
They have a big race there that’s coming up so the grandstands were all in front of the fountains…bummer. Then we walk back through Caesars Palace and we had actually parked really really close to the Atlanta show, but we missed it. The last one had just played when we got there.
Saturday was gramas donut party -she says it was the last one… I don’t blame her a bit… But I also might not believe her🤣
Aunt Kami made homemade donuts this go around too!
They were pretty dang good!
And Grampa got a tooth!!
Isaac went riding motorcycles with his cousin that day so he wasn’t around for the circus—probably for the best. It was weird and WONDERFUL to be there when the weather was so nice. In the summer he always had to go super early if he wants to ride but this was just whenever it worked out for Phillip in the afternoon.
Sunday we had a little Thanksgiving dinner— Perfect! It was so delicious and now I can feed my kids cold cereal on Thanksgiving if I want, right? We’ll see.
The goblets (or goblins as Seth calls them) were a hit! They’re so funny they just love them!
We sat and visited for a while, Isaac is always quiet I never never know what he’s thinking. I just cringe every time my brother says “damn” or anything along those lines. I don’t know why, I don’t think Isaac cringes or cares but I always worry about things… it’s just that oil and water mix. But yeah, some memories, some chit chat—some laughs some serious. It was good.
Oh wait I have big news Sis and Patch are friends! The 2nd pic down in Kys dog but she doesn’t care, she’ll throw a ball for any dog.
That was about it for Sunday. We could have stayed Monday, but Isaac was A: done was being there (back to that oil/water) and B: bent on making memories together as a family. So my dad had wanted to put a few tags in cows ears so they did that Saturday morning and Isaac and BOTH went back over to the temple, I decided it was best to quit being mad and invite him along, it was ok but on a leaving day I’m always going to struggle. Anyway about noon we headed towards Vegas.
Tanner spotted the Nellis fighter jets on the way down they were pretty cool.
For our first adventure we went to Hoover Dam and that really was cool. Everyone liked it.
And after that everything was “eh” if not disastrous!
We went to some Mexican joint in Boulder city and… Basically I was miserable for the rest of the night.👎🏻 but I didn’t throw up on the plane so I have that to be thankful for —the way I was feeling I was afraid it was a possibility.
We went to some Mexican joint in Boulder city and… Basically I was miserable for the rest of the night.👎🏻 but I didn’t throw up on the plane so I have that to be thankful for —the way I was feeling I was afraid it was a possibility.
From there we drove down to the strip…the plan had been pinball but Addi fell asleep and they could see that stupid globe and…it lured them in. Addi woke up as soon as we stopped (in some employee parking lot 🤯… which I’m not a big mental illness person but you put me in downtown Las Vegas on the strip at night…you better believe I have anxiety—it was aawful.) But we got to see the globe (Who cares? not worth it)
Isaac told me tonight he regrets not seeing a show inside there because Elon Musk said it was cool…or worth it. Too bad the yellow one is not the eye roll emoji… cuz that’s what I think of the Musk-rat. …who is also one of Gods children 😬
Anyway next we went to the fountains at the Bellagio, but not before driving around for 30 minutes and then paying $20 to park that stupid Caesars Palace which we were going to go to the Atlantis show after the fountains but we should’ve done it in the other order because we saw the fountains ..::sort of ….
They have a big race there that’s coming up so the grandstands were all in front of the fountains…bummer. Then we walk back through Caesars Palace and we had actually parked really really close to the Atlanta show, but we missed it. The last one had just played when we got there.
We didn’t miss the naked statues and we didn’t miss the showgirls asking us if we wanted their picture with our family 🤯🤯🤯…Not the kind of memories I was interested in… Oh, well anyways, so after that we were going to a pinball place, which I thought was the plan right after dinner but then Addi had fallen asleep and they could see the globe from the freeway —anyway so we ended up doing the pinball thing last but we got there and it was closed, another miss! Finally we just took the rental car back and got on the shuttle and then got on the next shuttle and we got to the airport like 2 1/2 hours early which was fine for me, but Isaac would’ve rather done something else memorable…I don’t know. Once to our gate, He promptly went over to the window and laid down having a nap, which was great because he was going to be the driver the whole time the next morning but it did leave me in the casino… not casino, the airport in Vegas with a casino feel and five little kids all to myself! Tanner and Colton both ended up falling asleep on the floor too. Cannon was a huge help with the car seat and just kind of helping me count kids. He was a tremendous help on the strip too because that was very very stressful and I only had two hands and Isaac packed Addi so Cannon was just like the Hawkeyes to make sure we were together and everything was OK! anyway we got on the plane everybody slept. We drove home and here we are —trip over. It was good.
Isaac had to teach all day Tuesday (which is why I let him sleep as much as he could in the airport!) Wednesday everyone went back to school and he helped with Youth activities Thursday was Colt’s GATE (gifted and talented) night. These guys build a sweet tower!
I went for the first half but then split off the Relief Society.
Today was Tanners Veterans Day assembly!
They did great!
And today we got to watch Cann play basketball!



I think that’s it!
I think that’s it!
No comments:
Post a Comment