Friday, November 17, 2023

Saturday...was a disaster but everything worked out. Cannon missed his ball game and went to the temple. I was really proud of him (the kid has been nagging me non stop for a phone he should have asked me then! I probably would have bought one!) You always want better for you kids --he made the right choice! And I can 100% guarantee you I would have made the wrong choice when I was his age. I understood that it was a really hard for him. To Isaac it was a no brainer. One thing matters, one doesn't. He just expected him to make the right choice. Isaac didn't read the email though so he missed his ride and Isaac had to take him over to the temple. They went to lunch, stopped and ate afterward, and made a day of it. I was here with the other 4 kids and it sure was a long day. 

A random static pic of the Addster:


Sunday Tanner shared his Testimony of the temple. It was really sweet. He had kind of wanted to in Utah but he got a 2nd chance because we had back to back fast Sundays because of our new stake being formed. It was really sweet—he did a good job. 

Sunday I also got to sneak over to the cemetery with the cute Hilton family and take a few family pics. We love the Hilton's, while neither of us would have picked to share that sacred place, I think we’re both glad to share that sacred place. I told them about my covenant path analogy and Brittany text me either on or just after Caleb’s birthday and we made it happen for them. 😊


Monday I jogged over there after school and the deer hunters were parked there and they'd left the gate open and they cows had messed up the boys pumpkins and pooped on Rizzy's grave and it was a disaster. I was glad we'd been there the day before. 

And, I saw a pretty good looking buck when I was walking home just across from our mailbox—Cannon was jealous. He’s kind of bummed out, They haven’t got anything yet this year.

The weather has been awesome for saying its Nov--if only it could stay!

Cannon had 4 away games this week. I went to Brookfield Tuesday. We didn't go Thursday because it was an 8:00 start time and even though it was hard to know he had a game and not be there I was glad--it was too late and they got killed and he said he didn't play until the 4th quarter anyway. He hated riding the bus home though. 



Isaac went to watch his team play tonight (he didn’t get in at all so that was kind of a bummer) and I will go tomorrow. 

His team has Hudl…I really like showing him things on film. We haven’t done a ton but…I just think it’s so good for him to actually see it! 

Wednesday was our nephew Brandon's neck surgery so we were just hanging on the updates! We have been praying hard and we are so thankful it seemed to go well. 

What else? It feels like a busy week but I'm not sure what all we've done. 

I watched President Ballard funeral online today. It was good, it was really good to see and hear President Holland! It's been a while! As for President Ballard l, I distinctly remember him giving  devotional address at BYU-Hawaii where he promised us that he and the other leaders of the church “would not lead us astray, they would not, they could not." It struck a chord with me, I knew it was true, I then subsequently took a teaching of the living prophets institute class when I came back to Dixie and fell in love with those guys, the work they do, and through their testimonies I know the Savior whom they share a special witnesses of! Their words are truly how I #hearHim.  So he played a significant part in the development of my testimony. It’s been fun to reflect on his life and teachings. -honey bees-the old ship Zion-stay in the boat! -what matters most- just to name a few. I’m also glad we listened to his biography driving across the country last summer! 

And today I had basketball practice with Tanner's group. My dad distinctly told me "Don't coach your friends kids" ...maybe he should have said "don't coach you own kids" One of the kids told Tanner he traveled. I don't know, I didn't see it. We were just doing chase layups.  It was early on in practice and but it was game over for Tanner. He sat on the side and sulked the entire time. I was livid. But just went on with practice. Oh well, it won't matter in 100 years. (I keep trying to remind myself of that.) 

I dunno what else. 

A few random pic:

Colt wanted Breakfast burritos…I said “remind me”



Family football…if Tan takes care of Cann Colt only has Seth to beat 😉

Tan struggled today, but he crushed it in world kindness day! 


She doesn’t like to lay down in the mess she made—even if it’s to get it changed—so she does this every time…kinda silly. 

Isaac has a couple of good helpers! Seth found the leak! 



Goofs! 



No comments:

Post a Comment