Friday, May 3, 2024

Last day without a teenager for the next 17 years!

Oh shoot I started to blog earlier but apparently I never published it-so it’s gone-bummer. And it’s almost 11:00 and I’m just getting started ๐Ÿ˜ณ but if I really told the stories (even for just today) I could be up all night. 
So here’s to a quick modified version—
Oh but first I need to clarify, that beauty of a boat I introduced last week—that baby was free! There was no purchasing involved! It was our friends-they did park it out here for a while-but when they last moved it was when the boat trailer broke, they were done with it, tired of spending money on it, not really going to use it anymore, and they couldn’t give it away to their kids so they told us we could have it if we wanted. Honestly I was in the “no thanks” category, right?  I didn’t want it to become our problem but I let Isaac choose and…we have it. And truly they’ve had so much tinkering with it—I should’ve known. 
I’m always the stick in the mud parent. 
Or maybe the rational/reasonable parent? 
Anyway the week: 
The fields were a soggy mess but we did play soccer last week. First time both these boys have wore blue at the same time! 

Colts team rolled! 
Tan and I were up 4-1 and the one goal was “friendly fire” so I called off the dogs and told them I wanted them to work on passing and the next thing I know we were down 5-4 and lucky to end up with a tie. I think it was 6-6
I’m never calling off the dogs again! 

Ok picture rundown:
At any given time there is a new pair of shoes in my closet for almost all of us and that’s seven people so that’s a lot of shoes. Well,  Sister found them and just started them out.
What a mess! 

We slipped after the grocery store and came back to this:



They were having a blast, but it wasn’t so fun when they had to get sprayed off of the hose before they could come in and shower off!! 
I forgot until 15 minutes before church that Isaac and I were substituting in primary, and then he actually couldn’t do it because he had high council stuff. We had a good time with minimal preparation. We built a tent. We faced it towards the temple (Picture of the Temple on the whiteboard behind the llittle King Benjamin who was teaching us to serve.๐Ÿ˜‰

A friend gave us some hand, me down cleats, and Shoes and these kids were having a shoe party! I don’t know if we’ll end up using those or not but they sure had a lot of fun with them Sunday afternoon afternoon! 

It was nice enough to get out on a walk and even Cannon got on Enzo on the way back! 

Addi gets on him any chance she gets! 

On Tuesday, we met one of Seth’s preschool friends at the park after school, but I also picked up Cassie’s boys that day, but this picture just reminded me so much of when they were the ones in preschool and we went to Playdates at the park all the time!  We had a bat and ball in football things in the car so these guys really did have a good time! 

Remember last time we got a load of Gravel in the belly dump for the driveway?… I’m positive we had this exact same scene. Stuck! Only Cannon wasn’t here to help run the Skid steer so I got to๐Ÿ˜ฌ

These boys have been awesome about doing piano for tablet time lately, but I told them was worried about him getting a little addicted to a certain game so we took a break— And they built a hut on the concrete forms. 

He better love me after I helped him get out of that disaster! 
๐Ÿ˜‰

Today after school, we decided to take that boat out for a maiden voyage!



The pictures might make it look OK but at first-He turned the key-NOTHING
So he decided to try and jump it but first he went and found a random nice neighbor to borrow jumper cables from-another so we were just trying to be quick and it was gonna need to charge up for a while because it was dead dead so we were kind of pushing it to the other side of the dock to get the other peoples way and the other guy he always carries batteries on his back up for two different things or something anyways “Can I rent one from you?” The guy just let him use it so with a bomb battery we were good to go! 
Well-After you take the jumper cables back.
Was going to try boogie boarding, but he decided it was too cold, I thought about it, Got in up to my knees or so and decided I was on Colts team, so we headed back. “To check on Belle”

But we found this couple studying on the dock, holding belle like she was a baby wrapped in a towel. They had “Rescued” her swimming in the middle of the lake. 
The poor guy had jumped in-It was cold! Then they wrapped her in a towel. She was so filthy that the guys towel is ruined now it was so gross. I was so embarrassed! And Isaac and Cannon were mostly trying to keep us straight face and not laugh-It was a big leg and she had swam along ways, but we still just think she could’ve probably headed back to sure that’s what she does when we go to the other lakes… Anyways, at that point I was done done done. Get me out of there. Take me home.
And he did! 
And actually, Home is the best place to roast hotdogs because if we needed something, we just went in the house and got it! It was great! 






Hopefully, I’ll get a little movie made tomorrow! 
For now—my bed is calling! 


No comments:

Post a Comment