Saturday morning Isaac took Tanner and Cannon hunting. I took Addi (mistake) to Seth’s kindergarten basketball game with me. And Colt stayed home and read. Basketball was as absolutely miserable as you can imagine…no worse. We only had 5 players and really only 1 of them could get it up to the (8ft) hoop. And it was just one of those Kirksville specials where I walk in the entire place is full on their half of the court (everyone who’s anyone in town) is all there with parents and grandparents lining the wall and I’m thinking oh crud what did I get myself into? We hung for a little while but got killed the second half (because they do that wear a wrist band guard the guy with the same color wristband thing) well my kids didn’t switch bands cuz we only had 5 so dude just gave his best player (a redshirt kindergartener mind you—why is that a thing around here🙄) but gave him the wristband the color of one of my butterfly chasers and bingo-we lost by 10…which is like a hundred in kindergarten basketball. Oh and we get to do this 5 more times 🤯🤯🤯 there’s only 2 kindergarten teams.
Whatever. So every Saturday except Thanksgiving until the middle of Dec. Is it Thanksgiving yet? And this is why I do what I do with Tanners group. Every Saturday is too much! The kids need to be kids! But…live and learn. Or live and should’ve learned 🤦♀️
Hopefully tomorrow someone will come (not Addi) and snag some pics of Seth.
The weather was great to get outside Saturday but…
They were painting with mud 😩
Cannon and Isaac went out hunting again but Tan had had enough. They didn’t get anything and called to see if I wanted them to stop at the grocery store on the way home. I said we could get by if I just sent cracker sandwiches in lunches on Monday (Cann loves them anyway) I think the conversation went something like me “how’d it go?” Then “…from your perspective perfect.” So they swung into Burger King and grabbed an ice cream cone and headed home. It was getting borderline too late but they saw a buck on our gravel road and pulled over and shot it! I thought they called and asked permission later but I guess Isaac had talked to Calvin prior to the hunt about shooting something if they saw it.
Anyway my version made for a better story… it was an hour or so later -I think we did come follow me and everything-before they went back and got it. And imagine me trying to get little to bed with the skid steer back up beep out their window and such…I don’t know when they finally came in.
I’m not a hunter-I don’t get it but they love it so whatever.
The best news was they found and Amish butcher shop to donate it too.
We might get a little jerky meat from him and Cannon wanted the European mount-whatever that is-but Isaac thought it was a fair price and went for it. We still hadn’t finished the deer burger from 2 years ago! (Mostly cuz I don’t like it. I finally cooked it up for Belle a few months ago but…it’s still in the freezer) I’m not into killing as a sport but after getting our two killer cats I’m less of a softy—the animal world is brutal! And quite frankly I like those killer cats killing mice and I don’t care if they tease them mercilessly first. Artimas is a bird killer too—and Isaac saw them chasing a rabbit the other day too.
Anyway.
Saturday nights other disaster was I had to redo the weekly video I’d gotten flagged on. So I took off all the fireworks, I took off Addi “hunting raccoons” -aka Seth’s monkey slippers (that are actually bears) 😂- but it was so dang cute but I wasn’t sure if they’d freak out about that toy rifle so I deleted it and added a few from the week and posted it.
And—now I don’t just have a warning I have a strike and can’t post for a week…
They didn’t like Cannon running the mini—whatever!
They’ve busted me on Seth before so I should’ve remembered but…he was probably 3 at the time (and Isaac was standing right by it coaching him) but Cann is 13 and they didn’t mention it when they were complaining about fireworks. And it didn’t say anything about Colt -younger-just Cann. But I’m sure if I tried again then it would-So whatever!
Maybe this video of her blow drying her hair will make it on someday—maybe not.
Isaac hates it when Cann sits in his phone but….
Looks pretty similar to me.
Colt snagged the pic he has a very strong sense of fair vs unfair.
One of the days there was a Frog in my house!!! The pic was too small so maybe when I’ve served my weeklong suspension I can show the video—we’ll see.
Here they’re just playing and I’m certain that’s sissy’s “gun” I mean I know we’re not real safe but…come on!
Oh this was cool. I found it in Colts backpack when I was getting his lunch box. When I asked about it they had learned out the Day of the Dead and Riz is who he wanted to remember. ❤️ (And can one of my favorite parts be that you can kindof see Israel but it’s erased!…I know buddy I spelled his name wrong when we first picked that name too😂)
And Addi helped me get the conference “train” up! It’s a little different but it’s fine. In this pic she is “skiing” on the stools but my favorite thing she does is call Elder Bednar “my guy”
And she loves to watch videos about Jesus. It probably helps that if that’s what she’s watching I’m great with A LOT of screen time! But she loves when he says “Behold I am Jesus Christ” and she watches the 3rd Nephi 11:1-17 Book of Mormon video over and over.
Actually have I already written on her about when she see a picture of Jesus and lights up and says “I know Him!” It’s the best!
She’ll tell ya Jesus says “behold” Santa says “ ho ho ho” and the pups say “ar ar arooooow”
Big helpers!
And dad saddled up her horse…but she should’ve pushed that hat on a little further
Cuz when it blew off and spooked Enzo she was done for.
Poor little cowgirl. This is a screenshot from the video I was taking that will only make the weekly video with a little audio editing 🤬 whoops
But look at that. If I can’t post it to YouTube if I already have issues with their child safety policy…
Thankfully she wasn’t hurt. Isaac’s always a titch…I dunno the right word but maybe somber? After scares like that.
She was pretty ticked at Enzo and said she wanted a new horse. I better watch out-he’ll buy one. Or a mule because they don’t spook as easy.
Her prayer that night was hilarious. Enzo and Beller are always 1-2 in her prayers then usually the kitty cats and Seth but it went something like:
“ thankful for Enzo even though he bucked me off, thankful Belle…I wanna ride Belle” 😂😂 yeah no kidding that dogs a lot closer to the ground!
That was Wednesday all before children and youth activities, then Thursday was Tanners practice after school followed by Seth’s. Isaac really saved the day taking Seth and Addi during Tan’s practice and Colt saved practice because he filled in so we could go 4 on 4. I wish he liked it more-he’s so dang fast he’s fun to watch I mean he’s older than these kids but…still if he liked it he could learn the game and shoot and he’d be so good!
Anyway. We survived basketball I brought Seth home from practice only to have Isaac have to leave to go get Cann from practice 10 minutes later but…we just decided the extra trip was worth it to get the 5 year old home!
And today I got this from his teacher…
Along with some Halloween pics but eh-that was last week…
Bout it.
No comments:
Post a Comment