Isaac decided it would be pretty fun to get some liquid nitrogen from work and make some ice cream with it for the eclipse viewing celebration. So we brewed up a batch at home Saturday night then went for it Sunday! It was a hit!
After a fun weekend it really has been a pretty long week. But I guess I better learn to go with Elder Wirthlin's philosophy and "Come what may and love it" time will tell.
Taking pictures of Cannon and documenting things he does so I will be able to remember them really brings me so much joy so the next few pics (and really this whole blog) are just that!
My little old man. Isaac HATES blue shirts with blue jeans (its like an old person thing to him) and I didn't even realize I'd done it until way later, It was just one of those deals where I had his shirt on, was going to put his swimming suit on but decided not to and just grabbed some jean shorts. Maybe I need to get rid of these ones, look how much they are high riding and they stick out funny in front AND back. Anyway the pic just made me laugh, Cannon looks like the old man supervisor while TyTy is digging in the dirt. Then we have some sport confusion, baseballs are just easy to dunk.
Trying to help me do a little indexing, we just don't get to the temple near as often so I was trying to jump in on that 1940 census... I got some help. Then the next pic just brightened my day so much and it was just one of those times when I needed a smile so bad. THANKS CANN. This week he's really starting to walk better 10-12 steps instead of 3-4. Anyway he toddled to me from clear in our bedroom where he'd been playing in Isaac's underwear drawer, so proud of himself for putting Isaac's jock strap over his head. It was hilarious! I was so glad I had my camera in my pocket! The flash took forever to charge and he just stood there smiling/posing while we waited.
He's just so fun! (Hopefully I don't get in trouble for posting that) Today I thought I was so smart taking Cannon out to the garden in his jamas-one less outfit change and I'll wash his jamas anyway-it was good in theory but it turned out to be an extra bath (torture) oh well. He was playing away so cute I wanted the camera, so I headed in the house and while I was gone I lost 1 (maybe 2) watermelon plants. Bummer. I should have known, I'd been out there pulling weeds and he just watches so closely-then helps!




I love Elder Wirthlin's talk, "Come What May And Love It." I read it everytime a hurdle presents itself and it seems insurmountable. "The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude." Keep your chin up during those hard days, weeks, and months. Good things will come! And you're totally right, What would we do without the hugs, kisses, and antics that bring comic relief from our little ones?! Angels in their own right...even when they're teeting.
ReplyDelete