Friday, November 15, 2013

Hammering brother's chair...while he's in it...and mother of the year here stops for a picture before I stopped the hammering!
Fact: I love it when Grama comes! So fun. Last June when Grama's birthday was rolling around, as always, Grampa called me to see if I had any ideas. I said Southwest is having a sale, how bout a weekend to see me and my boys. And he went for it! Yes! So we bought tickets for a weekend in Oct. But when Oct rolled around and Grama had been here all of Sept we decided it was too soon. I stalled as long as I could but we ended up canceling the ticket :( -but we'll use it another time- Grama and I were both bummed though. However, last time we went home and had the 24 hour travel day Allegiant Air compensated us for our inconvenience with some travel vouchers...WELCOME GRAMA! We'll take a free flight! Okay, she had to rent a car and drive across Louisiana, but we do it :) It's SOOOO worth it! We've had such a fun week with her here, the week flew by, and now as I type she's driving back across Louisiana. I can't hardly think of what to type, we did so much, but I'm kind of bummed, I struggle with that Goodbye nonsense! Cannon had big crocodile tears and cried "I don't want Gwama to go away." Yeah buddy, me either. But so thankful she got to come, and for longer that just a weekend, and really its not long until we head that way for Christmas. We'll make it.


As always Grama left her touch (EVERYWHERE, oh I love it, its so great. I just kind of live in the "this place is temporary in we'll just make it work" mode, and she shows me how things could be a lot better with a few -mostly simple- adjustments) We have an organizer on the back of our coat closet door (and pantry) the tennis rackets are now hung up, there's an extra shelf so its not a 100% junk closet anymore. She hung the shelf I bought (right after she left last time) above our washer and dryer, you can actually see the top of our dryer now, it had never happened since we've lived in Mississippi, there was always too much junk stacked on it. She bought Cannon a stool for his bathroom, I had one, it just wasn't tall enough-so I'd turned over a big tote and had him use it instead, it worked, but the stool, lets just say I should have made the purchase a while ago :)!! Its great! We live on the bottom floor and there is an apt above us that is exactly like ours minus the master bedroom. So our bedroom kind of hangs out there with no insulation, plus the last 4 feet (random) toward the outermost wall, has a vaulted ceiling. So see ya later any warm air! Even though we live in Mississippi and the term "freezing" is relative, our bedroom was always freezing (or sweltering in the summer). Seriously though a 15 degree drop just walking in there. So Grama figured out a way to "wall" off the vaulted part with curtains. She's a genius! (that's what Cannon and I tell her anyway) It's not the prettiest but SO FUNCTIONAL, so nice, we LOVE IT. Oh and we put up curtains in our bedroom and the boys bedroom too, I'm telling ya, the place is just spruced up! Some early Christmas for us, its great! THANKS Grama! Some big projects, some little ones, like silly little over the door hooks that just make a nice pleasant difference, and I haven't mentioned it all, she also organized the shed, and I can't forget that Isaac and I got to go out to eat and have a fun little date. There's more, and lots of fun Grama time for my boys -and me- such a good fun week.
Pretty much we did a project of some sort everyday so I really have summed up most of the week.
It wasn't all good news, there was a stink'n Possum in our garbage. (Outside garbage that is) I'll leave it at that I want to gag just thinking about it. SO GROSS! And I didn't even see all of it.Thank goodness.
As far as a little faith in the post this week: I want to share some of Isaac's. (And hoping I can get a video of Cannon reading the Samuel the Lamanite story for next week, we'll see, but its darling!) Anyway, Isaac is in charge of getting speakers for sacrament meeting this month, last week both of Isaac's speakers stood him up. Well really he had 3 but the 3rd one was the high counsel. Luckily we had a couple of new missionaries he was able to pick on and hey they were coming to our house for dinner that night, of course they were willing :) But as he was scrambling or "Enhancing" the program, sharing some of his own thoughts on service and serving in the church,  Isaac said  "it wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't true, but it is true, so it is worth it"  it was a great thought, the truth makes hard, or inconvenient, or mundane, or stressful things worth it! I'm thankful for a husband who loves to serve!
Some pics:
Aunt Kami sent my boys some darling baseball ties, why wouldn't you wear your baseball helmet with your baseball tie? Cann would! And I caught Colt's smiles this week!

Cann got to play a little baseball with Elder Chadwick, one of Uncle Shawn's old mission companions!

And that last one is a picture of Isaac's office, Cannon and I snuck away one morning while Grama was tending Colt and ran some errands, then we went in to see Isaac at school. I was so impressed I thought his office seemed HUGE compared to his little cubical last year! I no more had seen it, took this picture, and got excited for him then those stinkers moved someone else into it and now he has to share--bummer. (I think they must have been eves dropping on all my excitement! just kidding)

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment