Friday, November 8, 2013

Isaac was in on the youth temple trip last weekend so that left me to man home depot day by myself but since Cannon looks fwd to it all month, of course we went for it. And the nice worker lady patrolled Colton's bink for me when I just didn't have quite enough hands. 
Last Friday I sat down by Cannon and he looked me right in the eye and said "Mom, you so pretty." It was the sweetest thing,  he's done it a couple more times since then too. I won't say I looked like crud (but only because I taught the "my body is a temple" lesson in primary last week) I had showered but rest assured I was NOT looking good. Hair up like it always is, just doing the mom thing...and having the sweetest little boy tell me that. I love that kid.  And really its hats off to Isaac, Cannon is so observant and attentive and he's watched how his dad treats me, then copied it. It was just a sweet thing that I hope to always remember, and need to remember when he's being a stinker. He sure has a defiant streak these days.
Below you will see a picture of me trying to be a good mom, going to look at equipment with me is just not the same, but we tried. 

Colt buddy has started giving me those cute baby coo's and goo's and such with the smiles. Oh I love it, he's so fun. For whatever reason though, he is a carseat pooper, must be the angle or something but I leave the apt...and that kid takes care of business. Oh the joys, right?
Since I don't do baby books I'm throwing the pics on blurry or not! I put a hat on Colton this week and thought he looked a lot more like Cannon as a baby than I usually do-kind of like this one where he looks pretty bald.

I mentioned Lizzy's Blog a coulple weeks ago, (see the small seed on the right bar over there) it was so fun to email her and feel reconnected! Anyway, my blog is a little different-the family journal as we call it, but I would like it to be more laced with faith too, so now, and sometimes (maybe not every time but I'm going to try) I want to include things I learn or know or want to be better at...its and important part of the family history too!

So I've been re-listening to conference (that was inspired by blogg'n buddy Emily see her and Burke on the right side bar over there too) Anyway the other night Isaac was  helping with the boys and I was just getting ready for bed writing in my journal and such, I was tempted to just go to bed but then I could pretty much hear the crack of Pres Packer's voice in my mind from this last conference "it really doesn't matter" in response to a question of which scriptures "begin to read...inspiration will come" I used to be ultra regimented in my personal study, but these days I'm not. BUT, I resisted the temptation to just go to bed and flipped open the D&C. I read section 89 because we were learning about our bodies in primary. Then I turned back one page, for who knows why, except to learn a BIG lesson. Without totally condemning myself,  it was a powerful lesson because I did feel totally condemned but I think it will help me remember it better. Anyway, without getting into the detail I will admit to having been "finding fault" with Isaac, even if it was something he sometimes does, he was 100%  innocent in this moment, all he was doing was helping with the kids and letting me rest! (Such a good husband/dad!!)  And I had let my mind wander to a time of "fault" I guess Heavenly Father had a lesson for me to learn because this line was NOT EVEN underlined in my scriptures, but it jumped off the page and might as well have been in a size 120 font! I got the message!
So simple, so profound, and I'm certain it is a key to helping us find "happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come." It was a little bit (or a lot) of a punch in the gut. But I'm so glad I found it, and thankful for it,  and like I said I think a more powerful lesson because I was guilty. Anyway there's a little thought for the day, because therein lies a little trick for happier marriages, and families, (and societies) I'm sure of it. And I'm going to do better!

The other thing that was OH SO EVIDENT this week was my need for patience. I'm really nice the first time I ask Cannon to do something, but by the end of the day, when the "Canntics" have been at a peak, sometimes I'm only nice that 1 single time.  So I have a lot to work on :)
And I was so happy I found these scriptures because that night was HORRIBLE as far as the going to bed routine but having read those scriptures-and a few others, it was like magic, I just dealt with things and didn't get so rattled and frustrated like usually happens! (...and those flowers my mom bought them for our porch when she was here in May and Isaac has nursed them along -I take no credit- it was a fluke that they are what I used a picture of when making the sign but when I realized it... impatiens... I thought it was fitting.)
Happy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment